Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare U-20’s

Go down 
+44
Thin Blue Line
jim
Gaa1928
Thelillywhites
NorthernLily89
Ontheterrace
gunnerman
Flamingo
Cassanata
moatesports
cuttothebone
Clubman
murof
LillieLad
KILL BILL
lilysavage
Badger85
Highball
TommyKeegan
shunta15
CillDara71
bite the pillow
Rex
Shergar
SouthernStar
Kildare98
FlourBag_1
Southern Gael
jj
Borderline
if_in_doubt
GoDownOnIt
seamymurphy
Caprea
steviegenius
topcat
Ohtoohtobe
jimmers
Curraghplains
4lillies
Anyonebutthedubs
Taibi
CILLDara 1998
SplitThePosts
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 9:28 am

Badger85 wrote:
Is it on the box?

Yes tg4
Back to top Go down
FlourBag_1
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 6:22 pm

jj wrote:
Anyone know if u-16s are free in tomorrow night? No kids tickets available to buy from what I can see. Surely it's not €15 for kids too?

U16’s are free in, no ticket required.

jj likes this post

Back to top Go down
CILLDara 1998
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2022 10:31 pm

jj wrote:
Anyone know if u-16s are free in tomorrow night? No kids tickets available to buy from what I can see. Surely it's not €15 for kids too?

It’s states on opening page on tickets for match on left hand side under heading Description that u16 are free in
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 12:23 am

Dublin looked very clinical against Meath, a poor Meath team maybe but they took their chances very well and won easily pulling up for the 2nd half.

Offaly didn’t create many goal chances against us to be fair and we did well to capitalise on any mistakes they made in taking ours.

Dublin slight favourites but hard to read too much into that given both sides results so far this year and the equivalent performances at minor level.

Was really impressed with Shane Farrell in the Offaly game, looks a very promising player and could be key for us around the middle again tonight. If they lads leave it all out there then there’s nothing more we can ask, best of luck to all involved.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 2:53 am

Best of luck to the lads tonight. Stop Fionn Murray and this is eminently winnable if they do the things right that they did last week. The midfielders and Dan Lynam are capable of more than last week. Odds of 5/2 earlier in the week were an insult about our chances. Dublin in Portlaoise for a Leinster title ............. can't wait
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 6:14 am

Dublin can't defend and we can't score.

As many wides and shots dropping short as we've kicked scores.

Hopefully the early missed goal chances don't come back to haunt us.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 6:53 am

Fantastic win, well done lads!!
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 6:57 am

Brilliant win, great fighting spirit, well done to Brian Flanagan and the whole team, they did Kildare proud, Cill Dara Abu!

Southern Gael likes this post

Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 6:58 am

Brilliant win, up the fuckin Lilies.
Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 7:02 am

Brilliant stuff. Rode their luck a bit at the end but deserved the win.
Huge congrats to them !
Back to top Go down
FlourBag_1
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 7:17 am

Brilliant win, well done to Brian Flanagan and the management team. Fanning continues to impress and thought Shane Farrell had a super game. Tommy Gill is a real talent, so much pace going forward. Also fantastic to see a good Kildare crowd down in Portlaoise tonight. Sligo up next.

Southern Gael likes this post

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 7:28 am

This won't go down well so please take it in the context of a) roaring at a TV, b) a huge delight in winning a Leinster title, c) a bigger thrill in beating Dublin and d) being into an All Ireland series.

But Jesus that was utterly septic. Regardless of whether you think it's about winning at this level or producing players for the future. That has to be the worst Kildare team to ever win a provincial and worst Dublin team to ever play for one. We should have won it within minutes, had it won after 55, all this against the worst tactical set-up I've ever seen at this level, against a group with no structure, and still we relied on them missing 30 yard frees into the keepers' knees before hoofing it out in the hope they'd do it again.

I get for all involved it's a great achievement and it absolutely is. But it's like one of those minor wins where Cork hammer Kerry and you know what'll happen come senior with a proper structure and some physical development.

Anyway, delighted in one way, relieved in another, and the above in another.

A decent team via a brutal performance won a garbage match but a prestigious match.

What that means will be different things to different people.

From a personal perspective (not that it matters or anyone cares) it didn't bring the same feeling as Glenn or Davy winning Leinster. But everyone different as I say - now I'm off to the bunker.

if_in_doubt likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 7:36 am

Disagree completely with your analysis Tommy but appreciate its comedy value.

Excellent performance & absolutely delighted with the win. To make a second AI final in four years would be quite the achievement but expecting huge battle with Sligo.

Really buzzing after that very much looking forward to competing on three fronts this summer... Maybe a Pool quadruple & a Lily treble 😁

TommyKeegan, lilywhites on tour, lilysavage, jimmers and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 7:44 am

I could be way off, just was genuinely stunned with how awful it was as a game. I thought we were so much better against Offaly in loads of key areas. What did you think was excellent exactly? Other than result of course.
Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 7:47 am

I think that's very harsh Tommy...but maybe when I watch it back, it might look different to how it did live. (when totally engrossed in it).
No doubt a bit of panic set in last 10 minutes, on both sides.....but we kicked some great scores I thought. Not sure how many we kicked from play but it was most of the 17 I thought
Either way, beating a resurgent Offaly (last year's All Ireland winners) & the Dubs to win a Leinster has to be enjoyed !

bite the pillow and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 7:50 am

Oh like everyone here I would love if we win it. Just coldly looking, I felt better after Offaly win. But who gives a f**k how I feel. Anyway, just my honest outlook and how I felt.. Chalky White in 08 would've scored about 2-15 tonight 😁

if_in_doubt likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 8:08 am

Lads let’s leave the tactical & stylistic finer points for another night.

For now, just consider this: at minor & now U20, this team has ruthlessly, brutally stunted the growth of a new generation of Dublin footballers at a time they are legitimately desperate for underage success. That gives me a warm feeling inside.

Will pick the bones out of it further over next week when hopefully we’re also looking forward to senior semi final.

CillDara71 and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
shunta15
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 8:13 am

Think your very harsh on them.they have no stars just a panel of players who worked themselves to a standstill and what we wud have given over the years just to see a team giving their all for the Jersey.i was a proud kildare man tonight.

Kildare98, CillDara71 and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 8:17 am

Might appear that way on the telly Tommy but if you were there you would have found it an enthralling game. Both teams just went for it and probably didn't worry too much about structure.
Still there were some brilliant scores and some brilliant tackles. Easy to make mistakes when it's played in that style. Thought we would pay for the missed goal chances in the first half but we deserved it as I don't think we were ever behind.
Game was played in a great spirit with just one yellow card I think. We don't win enough titles to be sniffy about the manner of winning Tommy.

if_in_doubt, KILL BILL, bite the pillow, CillDara71, Clubman and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Clubman
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 8:29 am

Have to agree with murof . Finals are about winning and getting over the line , even if it was an awful game in some peoples opinion , we won . The lads can assess their performance during the week in their video session. All about the win something we have nt done enough of over the years. Was nt long ago lads on the forum were talking about boycotting leinster and the injustice of the financial support the dubs receive. We can beat them underage and if guided correctly , we can beat them at senior . A title along the way is class. Well done to the team and management .

if_in_doubt, KILL BILL, bite the pillow, CillDara71 and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
cuttothebone
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 8:35 am

Massive congrats to all the lads, epic win. Unreal fitness levels, no break in play for entire 1st half, not much in the 2nd either and still showed some incredible levels of skill. Some glorious fielding along with serious scores. The tracking of the dubs when breaking was unreal. Top class..

KILL BILL, CillDara71 and Clubman like this post

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 8:48 am

A few wides but who gives a shite. That game was placed at a very high pace and it was our lads who set it from the start. Most of those 17 scores were from play. Some great fielding too. Whdn do we plsy Sligo and where would that be? Mullingar ?

Kildare98 and CillDara71 like this post

Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 8:50 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/KildareGAA/status/1519787122970005507

Good to see him not be coy about wanting to win the All Ireland.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 9:43 am

No point not enjoying that one as much as previous wins or senior Leinsters when we win so few of them.

Both teams could have scored a lot more, Dublin kicked some poor wides and 1 also a short free that Barker did well to knock away late on. On the flip side of that we should have been out of sight after about 10 minutes with the 2 goal chances and a few wides of our own.

Did the lads make mistakes with their shot selection, tracking, kick outs and passing? Of course they did. Did they force a number of turnovers, kick some fantastic scores and hold shape and keep discipline late on to prevent any real clear cut open chances for Dublin? Absolutely.

Underage football is primarily about developing players and giving them a chance to continue progressing to prepare them for senior inter county. If they went out, made no mistakes and lost no doubt there’d be people calling them bottlers for not winning a final tonight.

I think it’s only 5 players from the minor final 3 years ago involved in the match day squad tonight. Big difference to 2013 when it was almost the identical minor team that won the U21 Leinster that year. Maybe the structures are there to help identify and keep late developers in the system or it’s just pot luck and coincidence, either way it’s another good year for our underage teams already.

Nothing will be easy got against Sligo but at the same time I’d much rather be playing them than Mayo or Galway at this stage. 6 games so far for the U20s this year, 4 wins and 2 draws isn’t a bad return at all so far.

Potential double header for the semi finals in Portlaoise or Tullamore next weekend?

CillDara71 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2022 5:23 pm

You could only be delighted with that. Kildare were never behind, were the better team, scored some brilliant points, dug in and fought when needed and ultimately won a Leinster final. 
What's not to love.
These are young lads giving everything for the County. 
Of course it won't be perfect, what under age sport in the world is perfect. It's all about developing players and unlocking their potential for the years ahead.

Too many times Kildare teams have lost games like last night, so I don't care how it was accomplished. They are a fine group who play as a team. Great night.

Semi next against Sligo, as if_in_doubt said I'd much rather play them than a Mayo or Galway in the semi as we have issues with Connacht teams especially those two. Sligo are deservedly Connacht Champions but they got some serious luck to win it as the Mayo keeper threw two in and probably hasn't slept since that game.

Looking forward to the Semi a place in another final is definitely there if they play to their potential.

bite the pillow and CillDara71 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U-20’s   Kildare U-20’s - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare U-20’s
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next