Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intermediate Championship Objection

Go down 
+57
Jimmy winning matches
fargo
Square Ball
ixus
the big cal
Oneill
bloodsub
murof
Barrowsider
ccm1
micky murphy
W .H. OAMI
standhimup
kelf
Admin
overthebar
Ohtoohtobe
bag of white
shoutitout
Haggisgolf
losthope
centreback
Admin3
butterfingers
tomcruise
Horsebox
naked-lilly
stayinwillya
Ogie
parcel
TheBigFullForward
mrblobby
Taibi
abl
Topdrawer
topcat
littleSam
kartman
Lily8
Lilywhitebeyond
ElGuerrouj
FreeLilly
bbman
walsheman
analysis
steviegenius
Onhisboot
lastline
Botch
Rex
johnsmyth
lomond
Big Full Back
BelieveToAchieve
clonmullin
Fear An Geata
realmoore
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ccm1
Junior C
Junior C

Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:16 pm

There is only 1 other team Ballyteague have 4 points the other team with 4 are sallins who qualified and were beaten, Eadestown who would be involved in the play off with Monasterevan with 4 pts so the only team that would have to be contacted is Ballyteague who Iam positive would have no objection ........... So Iam afraid the Cb will have to come up with something better

Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:06 pm

While I think a playoff could be the best way out of this mess if a replay was to be offered it's not just Ballyteague that might object. The teams remaining in the Championship could theoretically object as well. For instance Kill might fancy they'd have a better chance of progressing against Eadestown and mighn't be overawed by the prospect of Monasterevin getting back in.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:13 am

We will never know how the other teams would respond unless Eadestown make the offer.......
It will be hard for them to get motivated for the game when they know they don't deserve to be there....
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:57 am

I think people are being a bit hard on Eadestown here. It's not fair what happened to Monasterevin but none of this is Eadestown's fault. They haven't done anything wrong and I don't know how they're "hiding."

I presume Monasterevin will keep going with this as far as they can and they deserve to get back into the championship but I can't see it happening. The GAA are stubborn when it comes to changing their minds and always back the referee, for example having Sludden back refereeing this year after the mess he made in Louth v Meath. It's very hard on Monasterevin but unless the ref admits he's wrong I can't see them getting back in.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:02 am

Being watching and posting on this thread for the last few days, its obvious a fair few posters don' t know how the system works. Once the CCC make a ruling based on the refs report the only place your can get a hearing to overturn their proposal is the CHC, baring video evidence they will uphold the decision of the CCC. Your next right of appeal is to Leinster, when you go there your case can only be successful if the procudures use by the other two bodies were flawed, you do not get to put forward your case again. You may then got to the DRA, but the same thing applies, you do not get a hearing of the case if proper procudures were used by the previous body, nobody will rule against the refs report. My own club has been down this road, its a shitty system that does not allow for fair play or common sense and it is in place because clubs pay no notice untill they are faced with a problem themselves, the then suddenly realise the system is stacked against them.

As for a playoff being offered or sought that is also covered in the rule book, county/provincial/national committes cannot do such things because under rule all results in the same competition can be deemed null and void if objected too by ANY other team in the same competition. To my mind if the effected teams did decide to playoff it would require a vote at a full county board meeting and would require a 2 thirds majority to go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:19 am

Have Monasterevin weakened their case by not appealing to the CHC in the first instance ? I heard that Leinster Council told them they should have gone down that road first. Not sure how accurate this information is though.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:27 am

If that's true they have a major problem, they one thing that really bugs me about the rules is that the CCC can make a hash of it and the CHC have the power under rule to send it back for clarification, but if a club or individual makes a hash of it they don't get the same chance to rectify it.

All these rules were drawn up by suits in Croke park and were passed at congress by our delegates, all these committee's, CCC, CHC, Provincial appeals committee and DRA are in my opinion mud flaps who take the flack that should be directed at the rule's. A lot people on here are directing their anger and frustration at county officers, once the ref stands by his report they don't have any option. A simple solution would be that for championship or any game where officials are deemed neutral by the ref, their names go on the report so they can be contacted as officials which they are supposed to be if there is a problem. This takes the pressure off a ref who is expected to stand alone by his report.

We all know what happened at last years Leinster final, the only comment that came out of Croke Park was '' we are awaiting the contents of the referee's report'' and when the media kept up the pressure they deflected attention to what the Meath County Board were going to do.

I'm a GAA man to the core but I believe that what goes on at Headquarters has very little empathy with what goes on at grass roots level, but then again isn't that what's wrong across all our society at present
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:49 am

ccm1 wrote:
Micky and fionn i agree this is a mess and i would agree that a play off would possibly work but maybe i'm wrong but did the leinster co. recommend this and turned down by kildare co board ...... again maybe i'm wrong. i just think all this should be fixed on the field of play because i'm sure there are teams involved in this championship training away and dont know whats happening or when there playing and i'm sure ye would agree this isnt fair, there should be some kind of deadline put in place to either kill it or cure it

I'm sorry but that is total rubbish. Monasterevan have every right to pursue this as far as they can. Dont blame them on putting the championship on hold. This is the fault of the county board, nobody else
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:38 pm

All i believe Monasterevan are looking for here is fair play, basically they are of the opinion that the referee made a genuine mistake, they are happy that whatever committee they have sat before they have proved that they won the game by 4pts however all these people just keep hiding behind ''the referee report is final'' in their judgements which is totally against the ethos of fairness and respect which governs the GAA........ if anything they are highlighting a massive problem within the GAA... remember this could happen to any club.... including yours
!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Square Ball
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:27 pm

If Monasterevan were so sure that the Ref made a mistake why did they play two more games after that match. Had they refused to play Rathangan and Sallins until the issue was sorted this mess could have being avoided.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:32 pm

But did they not report it to the CB who changed the table so Monasterevan thought the issue was sorted?
Back to top Go down
Square Ball
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:40 pm

If they looked at the last table sent out before the last round it was not sorted the score difference was not changed that's the point I was trying to make why play Sallins if they were unhappy
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:47 pm

Yes it stated on the Nationalist yesterday that Monasterevan noted it to the county board on the Monday morning after the Castledermot game and the tables issued that day by the county board had them at +6 score difference which was correct in their opinion (not the ref's opinion) therefore they believed it was sorted, when the final tables were issued it looks like the County Board reverted back to the referees score which is why Monasterevan appealed their elimination from the Championship the next day, they were also trying to contact the co board before the draw was made but the call wasn't taken, as we know there was only about a half hour between the end of the games and the draw that night....
Listening to rumours it sounds like the Leinster Council suggested a play off between Monasterevan and Eadestown and the County Board rejected it as there was other parties involved but the County Board did not even investigate or entertain this possibility......
Again i will say hope nothing happens like this to the County Team anytime as this will then be thrown back in the face of the county board and the whole county will be up in arms!!!!
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:48 pm

it seems to me that again the gaa club is the dirt on the shoe of the gaa. no respect for a club what so ever. my club are not involved in this mess but as a punishment for the ref who made this cock up i think all clubs in the county should refuse to play under him from now on and see how he feels when he is not getting justice. i still hold complete blame with this goon for this whole mess. at the end of the day if he admitted he was wrong there would be no need to worry about what roads to take in relation to objections etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:22 pm

I know it says in the rule book about referee's report being final, but seriously what has happened to what fair and correct in all of this?

Is there no one involved with the Kildare County Board looking at this incident and thinking this is not right and this should not be allowed to happen?
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:25 pm

I'd say there are plenty of people in the County Board looking at this incident knowing it is not right but don't have the balls to stand up and do something about it.......... Also it begs the question are these the kind of people that should be representing the GAA interests within Kildare.....
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:42 pm

You could have hit the nail on the head there Micky ,the whole affair is another insult to clubs ...but its not isolated , the Kildare CCC of the moment and for the last two years is extremely weak ,aand thats being charitable to them.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Heard last night the DRA hearing may not take place next week could be following week
Back to top Go down
littleSam
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 8:01 pm

micky murphy wrote:
........By the way after this it looks like all teams should be getting DVD's done of each game just in case something like this happens in the future, does anyone think that is fair.......

I agree with you there micky but video evidence is pointless, we know this from fiascos in the leinster final 2010 and all the goings on with the square ball rule this year.... one would think video evidence is irrefutable but since it doesn't count at intercounty level it definitely will not count at club level.

A reform in the gaa is required - they should learn from other sports and use video evidence like in the rugby.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 12:07 am

Video evidence in rugby is used if the ref is unsure about a score, if he gives a score it is not used to overturn it.
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 1:27 am

Des Coyle to TMO- Can I award the point to Castledermot? TMO- actually Des it went over at the other end but whatever you put down we'll go with that.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 2:30 am

johnsmyth wrote:
Des Coyle to TMO- Can I award the point to Castledermot? TMO- actually Des it went over at the other end but whatever you put down we'll go with that.

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 2:36 am

Could you imagine a couple of the morons and imbeciles in white jackets that are normally leaning on the goals posts , upstairs in Croker trying to operate the video system and make a decision.

going around the place like lemmings running into each other. And then sending the word back down to the referee as to what to award.

It'd be like a sketch out of the D'unbelievables.

Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 3:18 am

Des Coyle ought to be ashamed of himself. This is now dragging on a couple of weeks - in which time he could've spoken to his officials that were on duty with him that day and got their thoughts.
He would get some serious credit - and rightly so - if he had the honestly and decency to admit he may have got things wrong and allow the useless hoors in the ivory tower in Newbridge to make a decision.

Instead, he's hidden behind a report which is obviously wrong and caused an endless hold up to the INtermediate championship.

I hope when the CB send their invoices out next year for the Hawkfield levy that Monasterevan return to sender. Maybe all the clubs should think along those lines, that might encourage the Gods in Newbridge to treat the clubs with some respect!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 11:54 pm

only way i see mess not happing again PRO should kept the score of game when match is over they go to ref and they sign the refeere report.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intermediate Championship Objection
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next