Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intermediate Championship Objection

Go down 
+57
Jimmy winning matches
fargo
Square Ball
ixus
the big cal
Oneill
bloodsub
murof
Barrowsider
ccm1
micky murphy
W .H. OAMI
standhimup
kelf
Admin
overthebar
Ohtoohtobe
bag of white
shoutitout
Haggisgolf
losthope
centreback
Admin3
butterfingers
tomcruise
Horsebox
naked-lilly
stayinwillya
Ogie
parcel
TheBigFullForward
mrblobby
Taibi
abl
Topdrawer
topcat
littleSam
kartman
Lily8
Lilywhitebeyond
ElGuerrouj
FreeLilly
bbman
walsheman
analysis
steviegenius
Onhisboot
lastline
Botch
Rex
johnsmyth
lomond
Big Full Back
BelieveToAchieve
clonmullin
Fear An Geata
realmoore
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 11:57 pm

only way i see mess not happing again PRO should kept the score of game when match is over they go to ref and they sign the refeere report.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 12:06 am

Why would it be anything to do with the club pro? As Ive saidf before the referee's are the ONLY ones in this association who get paid for every match they ref. Anybody getting paid to do a job should at least be able to fulfill some basic requirements, counting being one of them.

Dress it up what way you like, hide behind flawed rule books and bogus countyboard officials. The only thing thats ever needed in any association is common sense. The GAA are the only association I know who tells officials not to use common sense.

Enough said....
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 6:25 am

Hear through the grapevine we have a playofff on the way!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 7:38 pm

So when is this playoff going to take place?!?

I suggested this about 10 days ago on here, finally common sense prevails.
Back to top Go down
paddymartin
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 8:08 pm

Once the play off has been agreed by both clubs and the CB, there surely should be no reason for a delay - ideally play off with M'evin and Eadestown on thurs 22nd, Qtr final maybe tues 27th Sept and the semi's on sun 02nd October? While this is a tough time schedule on M'evin, Eadestown and Kill, it would potentially save a week and give the ultimate winners of the Intermediate c'ship a crack at Leinster.

The sooner the play off fixture is set, the better.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 8:35 pm

Lads jumping ahead there, firstly no play-off has been formally agreed or ratified, i believe Monasterevan's appeal is to be in with the DRA yesterday/today and if a play off was agreed i'd say it would have to be voted on by the county board and other clubs such as Kill, Ballyteague etc. would have to have a period of objection before a play-off could happen......... can't see a play-off for at least another week if it happens at all???
Back to top Go down
ccm1
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:15 pm

Its Typical an Irish solution to a problem , hold things up for weeks blame one and other for the mess , then someone sees the light (after everyone on here stated the obvious about a playoff) then everyone kisses and makes up and throws the rule book out the window.
i hope everyone learns from this mess
CB sometimes common sense is better than a rule book
in my opinion mr fennin never gives mr coyle a game to ref again for his stubborness
oh and i cant see anyone in the inter club championship this year ...... playoff 1st october , then the following week the winners of playoff v kill , following week semi finals then 2 weeks to final so your looking at the final on 29/ 30th october
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 9:23 pm

ccm1 wrote:
Its Typical an Irish solution to a problem , hold things up for weeks blame one and other for the mess , then someone sees the light (after everyone on here stated the obvious about a playoff) then everyone kisses and makes up and throws the rule book out the window.
i hope everyone learns from this mess
CB sometimes common sense is better than a rule book
in my opinion mr fennin never gives mr coyle a game to ref again for his stubborness
oh and i cant see anyone in the inter club championship this year ...... playoff 1st october , then the following week the winners of playoff v kill , following week semi finals then 2 weeks to final so your looking at the final on 29/ 30th october

Kildare clubs got a bye in Leinster in the intermediate and arent due to play until first wkend in november
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 11:57 pm

cmm1 you are right about the solution, but common sense has nothing to do with it. If a playoff is agreed by the clubs involved it will require a vote to go ahead, my understanding of the rules is that standing orders would have to be suspended for a vote to take place, this can only happen at a county board meeting or a meeting convened for that purpose. If ratified it then and only then becomes an official fixture. County officer or boards can only bypass the refs report if all the clubs in the county agree, if ANY club objects it reverts back to the contents off the report. Its a very round about way of getting over the problem but its designed that way to make objections as difficult as possible, otherwise you'd have them on a more regular basis.

Give respect, Get respect Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:55 pm

From the Official Website

With regard to the Intermediate Football Championship a proposal was made by Eadestown GAA to play Monasterevin in a play off game to determine the 8th place in the competition.This proposal was discussed at a meeting of the Kildare CCC on Tuesday 20th September where it was decided to accept the proposal. The CCC acknowledge the sporting gesture from Eadestown which allows the competition progress forthwith.

It was also decided that the Eadestown v Monasterevin game to determine the 8th place will be fixed for Sunday 2nd October @ 2pm at Raheens with Extra time 2 x 10 mins to be played if necessary.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:30 pm

fionnmccool wrote:

To Eadestown:
Would Eadestown be willing to offer a play off type game to Monasterevin? I'm sure Eadestown would not like to be going through to the 1/4 final in this fashion.

To Monasterevin:
If a play off type game was offered by Eadestown, would Monasterevin be willing to accept this or would they still go ahead with their complaint to the Leinster Council.

This is the best solution to all of this in my opinion. This is a footballing matter, lets settle it on the football field. Human error was behind it, i'm sure the referee in question would like to see it resolved this way also.

I suggested this almost 2 weeks ago now. Its the fairest avenue for al parties - referee and 2 teams.

John McMahon, Kathy O'Neill, The CCC if you need any help or advice you know where to find me.
Back to top Go down
ccm1
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:57 pm

Whats the odds on Des Coyle Reffing the Playoff????????
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:08 pm

ccm1 wrote:
Whats the odds on Des Coyle Reffing the Playoff????????

He'd need to come out looking like this I would imagine.

Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 33d1265574903-help-please-troy_hurtubise_trojan_suit_1
Back to top Go down
paddymartin
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:37 pm

Am geniunely glad to hear common sense prevailed but am raging about the fixture date of 02nd October. It means semi final earliest possible date is over 3 weeks away and it should have been this weekend!! The reason being that M'evin have a stag and Eadestown have a wedding this weekend! Given the delay, could this not be played mid week to make up some ground FFS?

Booked a holiday for after the 'planned' c'ship final date - down the f**king swanny now. Sickened

Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:13 pm

Its a sad state of affairs but if it went to the DRA as Monasterevin were doing it could take a month. The club player is getting screwed again.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:12 am

fionnmccool wrote:
I suggested this almost 2 weeks ago now. Its the fairest avenue for al parties - referee and 2 teams.

John McMahon, Kathy O'Neill, The CCC if you need any help or advice you know where to find me.

Sorry to burst your bubble Fionn but I actually suggested it 2 pages earlier than you did on this thread. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:17 am

I never seen that Fear An Geata. We can set up a consultancy agency so....
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 1:55 am

Yip i know we all said it 2-3 weeks ago however i would say the neither Eadestown or the County Board would go for it then, it is a shame that Monasterevan had to go to the extent they had to get it resolved, think a lot of people taught they would just drop it and from what i hear they were going all the way and had the finances to back it.......... remember they had Paul Bealin managing them a few years ago so must have some good backing!!!!!
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:06 pm

Does anyone else think that by awarding a playoff game to be played that it could open up a huge can of warms? The next game we have a bad decision in can the club look for a playoff to be played???
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:18 pm

Thats correct however if you read the statement on the website the county board were stating that it was fair play and goodwill from Eadestown to offer the play-off.
I rekon the wording of that statement was well advised and showed no decision or fault by the official or the county board but threw it back at the clubs.... therefore i would say that if anything does happen in the future it will be pointed out that Eadestown offered the play-off..........God only knows what deals were being done behind the scenes here.............
Back to top Go down
stayinwillya
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:55 pm

Very good point there micky. I didn't pick up on that but when I read it back it seems very clear that the CB are hedging for the future. They are allowing Eadestown and Monasterevin "sort it out themselves" without appearing to take any responsibility themselves. Ok it clears up this situation and both clubs seem happy enough but the CB, and more importantly the system and rules under which they govern, have been shown up to be poor, ambiguous, laborious and unjust. This could happen again tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:19 pm

"God only knows what deals were being done behind the scenes here............."

Dont think there would be any deals or under the table offers as you suggest. I would assume both clubs just want it to be played and to move on. Why does everything need to be seen as a conspiricy???
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:28 pm

Emmet bolton Kildare captain next year.. Haha
Back to top Go down
stayinwillya
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:55 pm

I'm with you on that botch. There are always some people looking for an angle, sometimes shit happens just as it appears and there are no hidden meanings or agendas. I'm sure Eadestown want it over just as much as Monasterevin, Kill and all others involved and thats reason enough
Back to top Go down
Haggisgolf
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 6:43 am

Interesting to here that due to a stag and a wedding that the match can't be played any sooner. Hope that no other teams have such issues otherwise an interesting precedent has been set!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intermediate Championship Objection
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next