Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intermediate Championship Objection

Go down 
+57
Jimmy winning matches
fargo
Square Ball
ixus
the big cal
Oneill
bloodsub
murof
Barrowsider
ccm1
micky murphy
W .H. OAMI
standhimup
kelf
Admin
overthebar
Ohtoohtobe
bag of white
shoutitout
Haggisgolf
losthope
centreback
Admin3
butterfingers
tomcruise
Horsebox
naked-lilly
stayinwillya
Ogie
parcel
TheBigFullForward
mrblobby
Taibi
abl
Topdrawer
topcat
littleSam
kartman
Lily8
Lilywhitebeyond
ElGuerrouj
FreeLilly
bbman
walsheman
analysis
steviegenius
Onhisboot
lastline
Botch
Rex
johnsmyth
lomond
Big Full Back
BelieveToAchieve
clonmullin
Fear An Geata
realmoore
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:06 am

I hope Eadestown get through.Those monasterevin lads are a rough shower. Wink
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:10 am

supersub wrote:
I hope Eadestown get through.Those monasterevin lads are a rough shower. Wink
haha totally away from the point!!!are u on the county board?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:17 am

No i'm not.I have no involvement with them or any club in Kildare,especially Naas.

Regards

John
Back to top Go down
littleSam
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Correct scores for Monasterevin game   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:30 am

Botch wrote:
CAn anyone give the correct scores for all monasterevin games please

Round 1 : Monasterevin 1-9 Eadestown 1-7
Round 2 : Monasterevin 1-10 Castledermot 0-09
Round 3 : Monasterevin 0-14 Rathangan 3-8
Round 4 : Monasterevin 0-9 Sallins 1-9

Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:32 am

Chinese whispers- what was the score 1-10 to 9 points? Ok i have that 1-09 to 10 points.
If the CB rejected Monasterevins bid they are fools and should be ashamed of themselves.
While I feel sorry for Eadestown, its as simple as this they finished in 9th place. Its disgraceful that Monasterevin have to go to the Leinster council because someone cant admit they cocked up.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:35 am

What result did the match reports have in the leader and the nationlist for the castledermot game??
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:49 am

If Monasterevin are sucessful with their appeal, would that make the draw that took place last weekend null & void and another draw for the intermediate quarter finals have to take place or would it just be a case of Monasterevin replacing Eadestown. If it is the former then i think it is better if all games are postponed until this issue is resolved one way or the other. I can see this going to the DRA though.
Back to top Go down
Topdrawer
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:43 am

Here's where it's at (this is second hand info from a person who was at the county board meeting last night).

The CB last night deliberated for hours and eventually refused outright to hear the appeal from the Monasterevan club, on the very spurious grounds that Monasterevan had not lodged an appeal within a certain number of days following the Castledermot match. This is even though the matter had been brought to the attention of the CB and THEY THEMSELVES sebsequently published a table (on the website or elsewhere) which displayed the correct scores!!

Before Monasterevan can appeal to the Leinster council they must obtain a formal letter from the CB explaining why they refused to hear the appeal. This letter was asked for last night but the CB are clearly playing 'silly buggers' (not for the first time) and refused to produce such a letter on the night, in the hope that this issue would be buried in the sand and the quarter final matches would be played before the matter goes before Leinster council. Disgraceful behaviour.

Back to top Go down
bbman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 6:28 am

its terrible to say but we shouldn't expect anything else from the CB its been run by fools that couldn't care less about players because thats what this is about 25 lads workin their ass off to be knocked out by incompetence
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:08 am

Was involved in an underage championship match earlier in the year where the same thing happened.We were a point down at half time and we scored the 1st point of the second half which made it a draw.A player got injured and in the break in play an opposition player asked the score.Thats when the ref said we were 2 pts up.Me being the honest fellow i am Shocked told the ref he was wrong.After a bit of deliberation he agreed to change the score to its right one,a draw at the time.Now the point im making is the ref was making out as if i was lying to him when i was doing my team out of a 2 pt lead,go figure that one out.
The most surprising thing about the whole episode was after the match when i was talking to the ref and was praising both teams on a great game he told me to my shock that his sons played for that club
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:30 am

I wonder what outcome Kill want, Div1 team or Div3 team, toughie. jocolor
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:43 am

Heard that the fixtures secretary, vice chairman, Ger Donnelly was not at the county board meeting last night!!!!!!

Un f*****g real !!
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:28 pm

Does anyone including the CB think that the score was actually 1-09 to 10, not on here we dont, so what is the point in the hiding form the truth behind appeals and forms, if the chairman cant sort this out pronto he should resign for incompetence. At the end of the day (and all the BS) Monasterevin will be reinstated.
Back to top Go down
littleSam
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:16 pm

johnsmyth wrote:
Does anyone including the CB think that the score was actually 1-09 to 10, not on here we dont, so what is the point in the hiding form the truth behind appeals and forms, if the chairman cant sort this out pronto he should resign for incompetence. At the end of the day (and all the BS) Monasterevin will be reinstated.

Hear Hear!!
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:27 pm

Just been listening to Kfm. Monasterevin are putting the finishing touches on their appeal to Leinster Council, which they will lodge either today or first thing tomorrow.

If and when that happens John McMahon said that the Co. Board would be prudent to pospone this weekends Intermediate fixtures, unless Leinster Council could hear the appeal before then. As this is highly unlikely I think we can take it there will be no Intermediate quarter finals this weekend.

This is a complete mess. If Monasterevin's appeal is unsuccessful they have the right to appeal that decision further up the line. If it's successful, I'm sure Eadestown will have the same right of appeal. If Monasterevin get back in i'm sure some of the teams will be looking for a complete new quarter final draw, particularly the ones that got a tough draw. This could drag on for quite a while and the only ones suffering are the players.

In fairness to the Co. Board they appear to be prevented from doing the right thing by the rule book (i.e. they must accept the referees official score). They've contacted the ref to ask him if he may have made an error but he's adament he hasn't. I'm not sure what the procedure for over-turning a refs official score is as I've never encountered it before and I'd wager the members of the CCC haven't either.

Perhaps we need an Irish solution to an Irish problem. Monasterevin to playoff with Eadestown for the final spot ? I think John Forde said yesterday that he would rather see Monasterevin advance on the field of play rather that through the committee room.

Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:00 pm

In the midst of seemingly everybody else who was at the game saying the score was 1-10 to 0-9, how can the referee be so sure that he is right?

McMahon wasn't really pushed on the possiblity of the ref being wrong on KFM
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:08 pm

I don't think Eadestown even come into the equation here. They are in the quarter final by default. They werent good enough to qualify on their own merit, the referees mistake has put them there. So all this talk of it being tough on Eadestown and poor Eadestown is bullshit.

I can't help but get the smell of arrogance from thie CB on this matter. John McMahon didnt sound one bit preturbed by the matter in his KFM interview last evening. It was a case of him sitting back and waiting for Monasterevan to do their part and then he'd see what happens.

The referee is wrong, there are multiple witnesses to show this, the evidence is stacked high to prove it. So if he is unwilling to correct his mistake, then remove him from the referee's rota and correct the mistake.

Playoffs and pandering to gobshites will only delay the situation more and create an even greater split between the important ones in this county and the incapable countyboard
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:12 pm

Surely if Monesteravin do get back into the championship they just take the place of Eadestown and everything moves on, they play Kill in the quarter final. I dont think the draw should be remade, I cant see that there is a rule in place governing a situation such as this.
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:19 pm

From an Eadestown point of view, they played 2 games according to the league tables the county board supplied, they missed out on the quarter finals on scoring difference so one more point would have put them through. If the county board were to replace them with Monasterevan, would they have an arugment that they would have pushed on and looked for an extra point if they knew the correct tables? They played to the tables that were published.

Have to say i agree with the above post about the mcmahon interview, considering the disruption to the championship and the inconvenience suffered by 9 clubs, i would have expected some sort of apololgy on the radio this morning instead of backing a referee who is clearly wrong
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:26 pm

I don't know the intricacies of the rule book, but as FearAG said if the ref is adamant he got the score correct what can the CB do in the short term. You can't arbitrarily change scores as you like if the official in charge says he is sure the score is correct. That would open serious implications in the future.
Although, it appears to everyone who was there that the score was wrong, the only person that matters is the referee. If he says the score he submitted is the correct one then the rule book I would suspect backs him to the hilt.
If he refuses to acknowledge he is wrong and the score is changed, then I would expect Eadestown would have a good case to appeal that decision on the basis the referee's report is all that matters.

To me the only way out of this is if the ref amends his match report, otherwise this could get very very messy if it's not already at that stage. The problem is if he is convinced he is right, changing it won't be happening any time soon.

Yes, the CB have handled this poorly. I think more communication as soon as the problem arose should have been the way forward. However if the rules state that the refs report is final and he is sure he is right what can they do.
Please don't say they should use common sense and the like, common sense does not appear in the rule book and the rule book is all that matters.
I have been critical of them in the past but I think they are between a rock and a hard place now.

If Monasterevian go to the Leinster Council, I suspect they could be disappointed as they will before people who have no personal interest and will just look at facts. The simple fact is the ref submitted a score that he is standing behind which they will have no choice but to uphold.

This will be a long drawn out saga with all clubs affected.
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:36 pm

But if the county board altered the tables when monasterevan initially approached them about the wrong score, they have already gone against the referee!
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:48 pm

When did Monasterevin contact the county board about the score diff. Was it after the game a couple of day later when they found out that the ref put in the wrong score on his report? I don't buy into the fact that the ref report is final sure there is players after being sent off getting there red cards changed to yellow etc. This is very messy and needs to be resolved if its not the county board have a lot to answer for.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:58 pm

I agree Stevie, if the referees report is and was final. How then did Alan Barry get to play last years county final after being straight red carded and suspended for a month?

Amongst all the chaos and doubt in this matter, there are a few things that are certain. The referee has made a mistake. The CB haven't got the balls to correct it (nothing new here) and you can bet you life that if this were Moorefield, Sarsfield or any of the other so called big clubs that this matter would be sorted over night.

McMahon and his merry men would get far more credit of the stood up and corrected this matter instead of running and hiding behind bullshit and rule books.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:05 pm

What do you have against Eadestown Futureswhite? As you said its nothing really to do with them and I dont think they will do anything if Monasterevin get re-instated correctly. The only bad thing for them is raising the players hopes of a qf spot only for it to be taken away. Thats all. They would ahve a case that if they knew they could have pushed on to score more but don't think they will.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:08 pm

Is there any chance the Naas chairman doesn't want to upset his parish neighbours and friends(probably), Eadestown?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intermediate Championship Objection
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next