Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intermediate Championship Objection

Go down 
+57
Jimmy winning matches
fargo
Square Ball
ixus
the big cal
Oneill
bloodsub
murof
Barrowsider
ccm1
micky murphy
W .H. OAMI
standhimup
kelf
Admin
overthebar
Ohtoohtobe
bag of white
shoutitout
Haggisgolf
losthope
centreback
Admin3
butterfingers
tomcruise
Horsebox
naked-lilly
stayinwillya
Ogie
parcel
TheBigFullForward
mrblobby
Taibi
abl
Topdrawer
topcat
littleSam
kartman
Lily8
Lilywhitebeyond
ElGuerrouj
FreeLilly
bbman
walsheman
analysis
steviegenius
Onhisboot
lastline
Botch
Rex
johnsmyth
lomond
Big Full Back
BelieveToAchieve
clonmullin
Fear An Geata
realmoore
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:39 pm

Does anyone actually have the finalised tables from the Intermediate Championship 2011?
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:41 pm

It is the responsibility of the co board to run the championships and draws smoothly and correctly and it's obvious that not enough care was taken in verifying results and scorleines, If the correct score totals put Monasterevan in the top 8 well then they have to go through, It's unfortunate on whoever loses out.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:42 pm

Just saying that if eadestown knew they had not qualified then they would be fine and they would not be in the draw. The fact they were in the draw and now to be take away would be hard.
Back to top Go down
analysis
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:48 pm

This is a farce, but one which can and should be easily solved,

surely someone can very easily coompute the table using the CORRECT scores as agreed by monastrevin, castledermot and the referee and then the top 8 teams qualify,

hard luck to eadestown if they do lose out, but at the end of the day this must be corrected or else the whole set up is a shambles.

human Errors happen, but its unacceptable if its not fixed.

Will be an interesting co board meeting tonight!
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

I agree. the correct scores have to be totted up and by the sounds of it monasterevin will go through becasue of hte the head to head result v eadestown.

Futureswhite is talking rubbish. Saying one club was not good enough to go through due to having the same score difference and going by a head to head match that was played months ago is just not true.
If Monaserevin were good enough being a division 1 side they would not have to rely on score difference against a division 3 side.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:23 pm

Botch, who cares if Eadestown will be will or would've been fine. They are not the ones being wronged here. Monasterevan are only level or behind on points with Eadestown because of this referees mistake. Monasterevan are ahead on the 'head to head' difference. And whether that head to head game was played, today, yesterday or last month is irrelevant. You can't pick and choose what part or part s of the rules you follow.

And for the record, I have no interest whatsoever in Monasterevan, Eadestown or any other Intermediate club. I am however interested in fair play, like most other GAA people in this county.

The CB are obliged to investigate this and correct any wrongs which have occured. If this means holding up the championship, then so be it. I can't help feeling that if the draws weren't so rushed in the first place, then 'poor Eadestown' wouldn't have been in the pot in the first place!

Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 12:54 am

I would agree that if its the case that monasterevin had their scores recorded incorrecly they should go through. It should be sorted this week and no hold up should take place
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:43 am

Is the Monthly County Board meeting tonight???

I'd say there'll be squeaky bums at the top table so....
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 2:02 am

Yeah the first Tuesday of the month. Wouldnt surprise me to see the referee's comandering 'cheaf' brazen th whole thing out....
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 2:22 am

FuturesWhite wrote:
Yeah the first Tuesday of the month. Wouldnt surprise me to see the referee's comandering 'cheaf' brazen th whole thing out....

Is there more to this than score difference cause from reading this it's a scoring issue??
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 5:36 am

its such a disgrace its come to this,cant even look after poxy results right
Back to top Go down
bbman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 8:24 am

steviegenius wrote:
Surly Monasterevin knew after round two and three that there was a problem with the score difference and bring it to the county boards attention they will have to take some of the blame as well. Also as lastline said players numbers not matching the numbers on the program I know that my club sent in a new match day players list after round 2 but it still came out in the program the same as the first two rounds.
monasterevin did bring it to there attention after round 2!! and tried to ring before the draw was made but no one would answer their phone Shocked
Back to top Go down
FreeLilly
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: A mess   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:38 am

My understanding is that unless the CB address the issue this week and either reinstate Monasterevin bring the matter to a conclusion by some other means that is satisfactory Monasterevin will appeal to the leinster council and further if nessecary.
They will then seek an injuction to prevent the championship from going ahead until the matter is resolved.
This whole issue is about to get very messy.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:55 am

Surely it won't go that far, if it's a simple issue that the table is wrong and Monasterevin are right (which should be easy to verify) then Eadestown out, Monasterevin in before the wknd
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 10:27 am

prob wont be that simple as the ref has a different score,will certainly get messy unless it was sorted out tonight!!anyone no if it was?
Back to top Go down
analysis
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 7:52 pm

According to twitter a decision will be made on it on thursday morning.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 7:54 pm

From what I hear on the radio Monasterevin are going to follow this through until they are re-instated. If that is not done on Thursday thn I cannot see the intermediate championship going ahead Sunday. Cancel the end of season breaks lads
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Proper order too. That club should be applauded for standing up for their rights!

I wonder will there be something done about the facile referee situation after all this?? Perhaps put a capable individual in charge of organising and training the referees in the county.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 8:04 pm

Thats there already isnt it? I think the refs meet to train etc??
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:03 am

according to wat i heard,monasterevins appeal was thrown out and they now have gone to the leinster council and asked for the championship not to be played until the matter is sorted
Back to top Go down
Lilywhitebeyond
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:31 am

Hi all,

Just want to say that it is an absoulete disgrace that this has happened, Monasterevin should be qualified and not Eadstown!! How can the CB really condone this sort of action in the interest of fair play that they so heavily try to put across?? I heard that Monasterevin have the backing of castledermot and the 4 umpires confirming the correct score!! Can a ref really put in the score he thought and if its wrong its not even questioned?? Come on common sense and fair play should defo come into action here!! lets see how this one pans out...
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:46 am

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with this.
It'll be disgraceful if Monasterevin don't get back into the championship if they should have qualified.
Rough on Eadestown too if they get thrown out now after thinking they were through. It's some mess.
If their appeal was thrown out it doesn't reflect very well on the County Board.
They're right to go to the Leinster Council if that's the case.
Would the whole Intermediate championship be stopped or just the Kill vs Eadestown match?
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:51 am

Isnt that just typical, i nthe eyes of the CB. Everybody else is lying and the referee is telling the truth. What sort of a setup have they got in there at all?

Does anybody know the reason their appeal was dismissed by the CB?

Fair play to Monasterevan, I hope they take this lot to the cleaners.
Back to top Go down
Lilywhitebeyond
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:52 am

Agreed, tough on Eadstown after thinking that they should be thru, but in fariness would they not count themselves lucky to be thru if monasterevin dont?? Not saying they dont deserve to or anything, but unfortunetly Monasterevin have been wronged here on all accounts. I would say all games will be stopped until issue is resolved!! But i can say that for certain!
Back to top Go down
Lilywhitebeyond
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:55 am

Agreed fair play to Monasterevin, its well within there rights to do this!! Hopefully justice will prevail, it would be good for the game i feel, although there is the Eadstown aspect to it?? Opinions lads, they will surely feel wrong doing? do they have some sort of argument if they are knocked out now??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intermediate Championship Objection
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next