Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intermediate Championship Objection

Go down 
+57
Jimmy winning matches
fargo
Square Ball
ixus
the big cal
Oneill
bloodsub
murof
Barrowsider
ccm1
micky murphy
W .H. OAMI
standhimup
kelf
Admin
overthebar
Ohtoohtobe
bag of white
shoutitout
Haggisgolf
losthope
centreback
Admin3
butterfingers
tomcruise
Horsebox
naked-lilly
stayinwillya
Ogie
parcel
TheBigFullForward
mrblobby
Taibi
abl
Topdrawer
topcat
littleSam
kartman
Lily8
Lilywhitebeyond
ElGuerrouj
FreeLilly
bbman
walsheman
analysis
steviegenius
Onhisboot
lastline
Botch
Rex
johnsmyth
lomond
Big Full Back
BelieveToAchieve
clonmullin
Fear An Geata
realmoore
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 11:16 pm

It's a typical GAA route though... the rules actually don't allow the GAA to set a play-off like that, or a replay in the instance of Louth v Meath last year... but if you remember, the GAA were desperate for Meath to offer a replay. Even though the rules don't allow it! It's like the GAA allowing the grants, but them not handing out the grants. You couldn't make it up.

I do think it's the best solution here though and may the best man win
Back to top Go down
stayinwillya
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 12:34 am

As a matter of interest, who will win this game now???? there is a great edge to it now..... Monasterevin will be very anxious to prove that they are the better team and should have been in there in the first place while Eadestown will also feel like they belong in the Q/F. It's such a tough one to call too because both sides are fairly evenly matched. What do lads think? I'd have to go with Monasterevin by 1 point
Back to top Go down
champ
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 12:54 am

Monasterevin by 6, they will be out to prove a point. Whoever wins this match will have a big advantage over Kill in the quarter final as Kill will not have played a competetive game in over a month. I fancy the winner of this game to go all the way to the final!
Back to top Go down
paddymartin
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 1:21 am

Monasterevin will beat Eadestown in the playoff & will win qtr final against Kill too but that is their limit this year I reckon.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 1:46 am

Eadestown I sincerely hope. For their sportmanship and willingness to bring the whole affair ( which incidentally bored the pants of everyone ) to a conclusion. I would say that is the general feeling around the county.
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 5:58 am

tomcruise wrote:
Eadestown I sincerely hope. For their sportmanship and willingness to bring the whole affair ( which incidentally bored the pants of everyone ) to a conclusion. I would say that is the general feeling around the county.

Agree 100% with this. Also Eadestown have won their last two and Monasterevin have lost their last two so Eadeston have the momentum behind them. Eadestown by 2 and to beat Kill in the quarters.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 11:17 am

I hope justice prevails and Monasterevin win.

Eadestown should not be still in the championship.
Back to top Go down
ccm1
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:08 am

i hear the semi final draw for the inter championship is on sun ............... is it me or does anyone else think this seems unfair to monasterevan, eadestown, an kill to make the draw until the quarter final stage is completed , all championship draws have been made after each round was completed and thats the way it should be done as i think it leaves no team with any kind of advantage but now the CB as usual make the rules and change them whenever they want to , in my opinion i hope some decent people go for the major positions in the county convention this year these lads that are there at the moment are just not up to it and should step aside as i feel its only a matter of time before they make another cockup...........................
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:30 am

ccm1 wrote:
i hear the semi final draw for the inter championship is on sun ............... is it me or does anyone else think this seems unfair to monasterevan, eadestown, an kill to make the draw until the quarter final stage is completed , all championship draws have been made after each round was completed and thats the way it should be done as i think it leaves no team with any kind of advantage but now the CB as usual make the rules and change them whenever they want to , in my opinion i hope some decent people go for the major positions in the county convention this year these lads that are there at the moment are just not up to it and should step aside as i feel its only a matter of time before they make another cockup...........................

Why does everyone get hung up about the draw for the Semi Final's.... The draws after the group stages is different. During the group stage you can see who your playing or a rival team just like this whole mess led us to....

It's down to knockout now. Doesn't matter who your drawn against, cause you've to win or your out...
Back to top Go down
ohluckyme
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:42 am

FARGO Wrote :

You could have hit the nail on the head there Micky ,the whole affair is another insult to clubs ...but its not isolated , the Kildare CCC of the moment and for the last two years is extremely weak ,aand thats being charitable to them.

Elaborate a little
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 8:38 am

ccm1, imo All the people at county board level are decent people, you are entitled to your opinion, but there are very few people who are willing to take on public positions to organise and promote Gaelic games in OUR county, if the all stepped aside as suggested we would have a major problem filling their shoes. The same thing applies to the club scene, you'll get loads of experts on the sidelines but very few wiling to get involved, its usually because the can't take a bit of stick themselves but their more than happy to give it out
Back to top Go down
ohluckyme
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:10 pm

Agree Ballyboy 100%. With regards the CCC i think i am right in saying they can only act on what is presented to them, ie Refs reports etc. they don't have the power to change a report. Fair play to Eadestown for giving the play off......... or did they fear Monasterevin would win their case and shove them down to 9th.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 3:43 am

Its a hard one to call. Monasterevin have been terrible in their last 2 games and will need too improve an awful lot. Whats the odds on them goin on all the way now. I know a lot of neutrals will be shouting for them. Thank god the whole thing is done and dusted now, and someone with common sence saw the light.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Championship Objection   Intermediate Championship Objection - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intermediate Championship Objection
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11