Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Derry....

Go down 
+39
tomcruise
Ogie
steviegenius
Loads of Pints
centreback
Radley Park
Cluabú
Ohtoohtobe
white hope
koko39
peile
Son of Sarsfields
walsheman
kildarecat
lomond
smokey
KILL BILL
FearBan
stanley
clonmullin
lilywhiteforlife
gaaman
shoutitout
Sam1928
MD
kartman
Jimmy winning matches
Stonecold
ChillDara
rgb
Dinny Breen
realfone
lilly-exile
Derfil
abl
kickingking
Rex
hawker
Admin
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 1:49 am

god cant believe they brought him back bounce Sleep
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 2:42 am

Well lads great to be back. I think a lot of people are more worried about the troubles up there at the moment and the supporter numbers will be down hopefully who ever makes it up there can make a bit of noise and help the lads to get a result. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:04 am

It might actually make sense to try and gather in one spot and get a few "Oh to's" and songs going. I thought while there were great numbers in Casement, the Kildare fans were too spread out to make any real noise.

I know lads will have a laugh and say it doesn't matter but a point down or a point up, any lift or support from the crowd could make a small difference and lets face it, that’s the main reason we're travelling up, to support the lads!
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:13 am

Was on the terrace in Antrim but the stand was at least 2/3 lilywhites. More noise it is !! Might even wear my new, old forum, polo shirt Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:22 am

steviegenius wrote:
Well lads great to be back. I think a lot of people are more worried about the troubles up there at the moment and the supporter numbers will be down hopefully who ever makes it up there can make a bit of noise and help the lads to get a result. Very Happy
no trouble in derry!!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:28 am

coming back from club football hasn't seem to have bother Mike McCarthy... also Lockhart isn't starting.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:36 am

Fancy Kildare to win this game by 3 points.Just have a feelin' in my water.

Travelled up to the league game a few years ago and stayed in the City of Derry Hotel.Nice place.Tadhg Fennin's ma and da were beside us.The team were staying in the Everglades ( I am fairly sure ) and we all met up for a drink after the game.Left that hotel at six in the morning with Emmett Bolton's signing ringing in my ears Very Happy Grimley bought us a pint that night and the usual kildare suspects were there.Some stories told that night.

Would be a horrific journey in one day.8 hours in a car and the chance of colliding with a few orange bands.Will watch it on the box in the local and pray for a Kildare victory.Reckon each car should have two drivers.

Best of luck to all particularly the team and the supporters who make the journey.Cill Dara abu !!!!

Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:54 am

City of Derry Hotel is nice, stayed there myself the for a league game a few years back. Was snowing on the journey up actually. I was asked to remove my Kildare Jersey at breakfast though.

Stayed in a travel lodge / ibis (not sure which) for the qualifier game which was just as good but alot cheaper. Its pretty much beside the COD hotel.
Back to top Go down

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 3:56 am

Shame on you TC for not making the effort to get up the road to support the lads.......
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:29 am

ur a disgrace tomcruise,,,,,,,,u prob never made that journey before...if ya did,then why not now!!!
ur local......tut tut tut!!!surrounded by dubs prob!!!
Back to top Go down
Always_White
Intermediate
Intermediate
Always_White

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:47 am

Now that I hear of Lockhart's recall I think I'll push out my forecast to a win for Kildare by four or five points. Also maybe we should put out the story that we're calling Pat Dunney and Tommy Carew out of retirement!!
Back to top Go down
lilywhiteforlife
Junior A
Junior A
lilywhiteforlife

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:41 am

from kfm website:

Patrons are reminded that you can pay at the turnstiles. Prices for the game are: €25/£21 stand, €20/£18 terrace. Student/OAP - €15/£13.

Fairly steep prices especially for any kildare fans, considering the expense already from travelling up/ staying over etc
Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:51 am

25 quid ,that's another couple of hundred off the travelling support.

Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:06 pm

I'm thinking of going back to college just to get the student discount!

Crazy price but sure it'll be worth it if Kildare win.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:05 pm

Fionn and Walsheman

Sorry lads I cannot make it tut tut Sad but I will be cheering the lads on. Drove to a wedding in Ballyliffin Donegal last weekend and it definitely requires an overnight stay in Derry.

Walsheman - Are you driving ?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 1:17 am

Drive her on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
rubencarter
Junior A
Junior A

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:24 am

tomcruise you didnt go.you only go to the big ones in croke park everyone knows that.1st time in about 60 years your club has 2 men on the starting 15
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:36 am

Rubencarter

Well at least I will not be on here on Monday giving about this and that because I was at the game etc.I am not going and so be it.

And as for my club

We have more senior club championships than everyone else bar the sash and clane

We have never lost our senior status ( only club in county )

Look at the last All Ireland u/21 winning team in 1965 and see how many of our lads were on it

Check who captained the county in the 1966 Leinster final

And thats for starters.......

ps we are mighty proud of our starters on saturday.Two gents.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:37 am

lilywhiteforlife wrote:
from kfm website:

Patrons are reminded that you can pay at the turnstiles. Prices for the game are: €25/£21 stand, €20/£18 terrace. Student/OAP - €15/£13.

Fairly steep prices especially for any kildare fans, considering the expense already from travelling up/ staying over etc
Shocked

Phew thats pretty steep, yeh JME is right you were probably better off not posting those prices on here it might backfire as regards daytrippers?
Goes to show what great value it was to get into Newbridge for a very reasonable tenner, credit to Kildare County Board for once because they were often and has to be said quite rightly criticised before for their rip off prices but it seems the current economic climate has shook them to their senses.
The Derry County Board should be ashamed of themselves for charging those prices even allowing for it been a further step up the qualifier ladder.
Back to top Go down
lilywhiteforlife
Junior A
Junior A
lilywhiteforlife

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:49 am

kildarecat wrote:
lilywhiteforlife wrote:
from kfm website:

Shocked

Phew thats pretty steep, yeh JME is right you were probably better off not posting those prices on here it might backfire as regards daytrippers?

oh please.. it was hardly a secret if its on the kfm website. anyone who can afford to make the trip, either for the day or overnight, i'm sure can afford an extra tenner in. Personally I cant afford this match and I'm really disappointed.....I was just pointing out how expensive it is, dont try and say that me posting the price will result in less supporters going I'm sure their minds were made up long before reading my post!
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:54 am

It was only said in jest Lilly
Back to top Go down
lilywhiteforlife
Junior A
Junior A
lilywhiteforlife

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 4:00 am

kildarecat wrote:
It was only said in jest Lilly

ok sorry, I didnt read it that way. Just a very sensitive issue not being able to afford this match as i usually make it to all matches and havent missed one in over ten years.. Sad

Suppose I'll just be hoping for a win and another day out!
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 6:40 am

Derry only upped there prices cause they no this is there last game of the year so they might aswell make a few quid outta it!!!
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 7:55 am

Those prices are a disgrace. Luckily I still have my Griffith College student card.
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 8:17 am

lilywhiteforlife wrote:
from kfm website:

Shocked

anyone know the price of a double vodka and red bull in derry? just trying to do the budget here...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Derry.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derry....
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next