Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Derry....

Go down 
+39
tomcruise
Ogie
steviegenius
Loads of Pints
centreback
Radley Park
CluabĂș
Ohtoohtobe
white hope
koko39
peile
Son of Sarsfields
walsheman
kildarecat
lomond
smokey
KILL BILL
FearBan
stanley
clonmullin
lilywhiteforlife
gaaman
shoutitout
Sam1928
MD
kartman
Jimmy winning matches
Stonecold
ChillDara
rgb
Dinny Breen
realfone
lilly-exile
Derfil
abl
kickingking
Rex
hawker
Admin
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 6:56 am

Radley park can we get the Dubs next time out if we win? Is is the four qualifers against four losing provincial finalists or is it an open draw?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 7:04 am

hawker wrote:
Radley park can we get the Dubs next time out if we win? Is is the four qualifers against four losing provincial finalists or is it an open draw?
the next round is not a open draw. if we win we play one of losing provinical finalists
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 7:17 am

True, if we got that far wouldn't like Monaghan or Tyrone
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 7:24 am

would not like limerick
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 7:26 am

Can't get Louth either as we have played them already.

If we are lucky enough to get through we are looking at Tyrone/Monaghan Limerick or Roscommon/Sligo at a Neutral venue.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:11 pm

Monaghan would be a disaster draw IMO. I dont know why but they are on fire this year and along with Grimley there he'd know us inside out.
Back to top Go down

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:27 pm

If we were to beat Derry up in Celtic Park, i would fear no one, no where really to be honest.

This is a big test for the lads psychologically more than anything else...
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Beating Derry would be a huge boost but would like also to avoid Monaghan until as long as possible... (september maybe).. I think Monaghan will win the Ulster final and will be the most difficult team for anyone to come up against.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:00 am

think cork wud be horrible to get....there back on track,wud like to put that off till croke park
Back to top Go down

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:03 am

Tyrone will win ulster and the All Ireland this year.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:54 am

Just won 4 tickets to the match on Newstalk - have to go to it now - no choice!
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:57 am

KILL BILL wrote:
Just won 4 tickets to the match on Newstalk - have to go to it now - no choice!

I'd rather pay for the ticket and get the petrol money as a prize!
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:10 am

walsheman wrote:
think cork wud be horrible to get....there back on track,wud like to put that off till croke park

can`t get cork till the semi final now
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:16 am

smokey wrote:
Until I see it on RTE's website I aint gonna believe..... Hoganstand FFS

port on RTÉ Television

Much of RTÉ Sport's programming is available to watch online (W).

CLICK HERE for online programme schedule.

CLICK HERE for sports coverage on RTÉ Radio.

Schedules are subject to change.

SATURDAY 17 JULY

THE SATURDAY GAME LIVE, RTÉ Two, 2.40pm (W)
Michael Lyster presents live coverage of Derry v Kildare in the All Ireland Senior Championship Round 3 Qualifiers. The match throws-in at 3pm in Celtic Park in Der
ry.

THE SATURDAY GAME LIVE, RTÉ Two, 6.30pm (W)
Michael Lyster presents live coverage of the Munster Senior Hurling Final Replay between Waterford and Cork. The match throws-in at 7pm in Semple Stadium in Thurles.

Match confirmed for TV even though it was already known
Back to top Go down
lilywhiteforlife
Junior A
Junior A
lilywhiteforlife

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:52 am

would be happy to get back to croke park! Smile

if we get past saturday, which i believe we can, would have confidence that we can beat whoever we come up against...if we dont believe whats the point in it all??
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:12 pm

Lockhart answers Derry SOS
15 July 2010

Sean Martin Lockhart has come out of retirement ahead of Derry's All-Ireland football third round qualifier against Kildare on Saturday.

The 33-year-old former All-Star full back retired from inter-county football at the end of last season, but has answered an SOS call from Derry manager Damian Cassidy whose defensive options have been reduced by the unavailability of Michael McGoldrick and Kevin McCloy.

"Michael McGoldrick has picked up a serious hamstring injury," Cassidy said in the Irish News.

"And after the Armagh game, Kevin McCloy realised that his hamstring injury was going to stop him from training to the level of fitness which would enable him to get selected. That's why he left the panel. I know that we can switch players around. But it's better to have players who are comfortable in the full back line."

Lockhart, who made a record-breaking 50 championship appearances for Derry and is also Ireland's most capped International Rules player, returned to training at Owenbeg on Tuesday night.

"He has been playing with his club, so he didn't look out of place," the Derry boss added.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:13 pm

Seems derry are really fearing us,desperation tactics now?

Heard he's trying to get Brolly back too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:41 pm

That sounds desperate to me and not what I'd like to hear if I was on the Derry panel. He may look fit in training but 70 mins of championship football after 1 week training is another thing.

Smith to start and run the legs off him.

Also the excuse for McCloy leaving the panel smells of BS to me...I dont see Conway, Kelly or Rainbow dropping off our panel.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:44 pm

Great player but a big step up from Club To intercounty. Might be worth putting a quick player on him to see how he fairs being pulled around the place.

I am a little more confident as the week goes on with this game, if it had been in Newbridge I think we would win without to much trouble, in Derry is a different kettle of fish.

They seem to be struggling with injury and problems in the camp so it's a good time to play them.
Back to top Go down

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:05 am

Nothing as dangerous as a wounded animal.

I'd read nothing into the stuff coming from the Derry camp positive or negative, even if they were to bring Anthony Tohill from retirement.

We need to concentrate on our own game and our own performance, if we play to our ability we will win. Thats what we should be looking to do.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:10 am

Lads, which was is the better way to go to derry? head for Monaghan to Omagh? or head to Newry to Armagh city then onto Omagh, not much difference in distance, anyone ideas??
Back to top Go down

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:17 am

better way by far up the M1 to the Ardee exit, take it head for the N2 - bypass castleblaney,carrickmacross, into Aughnacloy, omagh. By far the best way to go, better road also.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:22 am

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:45 am

id be worried about the support up in derry, headin to belfast is one thing, straight up the M1 in a couple of hours and the fact that the match wasnt on TV resulted in a great travellin support.

with this match on the box id be worried that the travelling support will be quite poor, perhaps if everone travelling up kidnapped one of their neighbours on the way up we could increase the support in some regard....just a thought
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 1:48 am

god cant believe they brought him back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Derry.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derry....
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next