Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Derry....

Go down 
+39
tomcruise
Ogie
steviegenius
Loads of Pints
centreback
Radley Park
CluabĂș
Ohtoohtobe
white hope
koko39
peile
Son of Sarsfields
walsheman
kildarecat
lomond
smokey
KILL BILL
FearBan
stanley
clonmullin
lilywhiteforlife
gaaman
shoutitout
Sam1928
MD
kartman
Jimmy winning matches
Stonecold
ChillDara
rgb
Dinny Breen
realfone
lilly-exile
Derfil
abl
kickingking
Rex
hawker
Admin
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 10:21 am

good stuff,prob go and stay the saturday
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 5:57 pm

Was checking hotels yesterday and the travel lodge was only place for fri/sat. Marching season might have something to do with it ?? Anyway 3pm makes it a bit easier to drive up and back same day.
Back to top Go down
ChillDara
Junior A
Junior A
ChillDara

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:00 pm

smokey wrote:
Until I see it on RTE's website I aint gonna believe..... Hoganstand FFS

2FM said last night that it was live on RTE. They said they were showing the Kildare game and the hurling replay. Dublin game is on TV3

Happy days for those of us who have to work until 1 on Saturdays Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_mad
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Sorry to jump in here new to this. Does anyone know exactly where in Derry Celtic Park is. If you're planning to stay the Tower Hotel is very central. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:54 pm

Celtic Park is overlooking the city on the east side. Overlooking the Bogside I think. Its walkable from the city centre and this is probably the best idea.

If you want to drive to the ground, the last time I was in Derry there was a sizable car park near it but not sure how big. If your coming in by car you dont have to go through the city centre. Take a left after the bridge and follow the traffic.

Kildarecat, get off your fat ar$e and go to the bloody game. A bus up will cost you less than a day on the drink and any team traveling to Derry needs every supporter it can get. You are well able to give out about the Kildare forum and the county board, travel up and support the lads FFS!
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 9:06 pm

Thanks Marcus Surprised
Back to top Go down

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 9:08 pm

Well said Marcus.

kildarecat get up the effin road to derry and support the lads.
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 9:34 pm

I think if people can travel at all they should . We'll need support. I know its a long way up but come on support the lads!1 Laughing
Back to top Go down
white hope
Junior C
Junior C

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 9:57 pm

marcus wrote:
Celtic Park is overlooking the city on the east side. Overlooking the Bogside I think. Its walkable from the city centre and this is probably the best idea.

If you want to drive to the ground, the last time I was in Derry there was a sizable car park near it but not sure how big. If your coming in by car you dont have to go through the city centre. Take a left after the bridge and follow the traffic.

Kildarecat, get off your fat ar$e and go to the bloody game. A bus up will cost you less than a day on the drink and any team traveling to Derry needs every supporter it can get. You are well able to give out about the Kildare forum and the county board, travel up and support the lads FFS!

Good man Marcus ! You should do a forum roll call in Derry on saturday
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 10:01 pm

Can we hope to run over any Orange men on the way up ??? Surely there wont be any delays because of these clowns marching on our roads!!!
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 10:04 pm

Have to agree with the lads if you can go go. Shout for the lads and wave your flags. Very hard to players to hear/see you when you sitting on the bar stool.
I know somelads cant make it due to work and that does come first but I was actually hoping that game would not be on the tv as I would say our traveling support will now half.
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 10:12 pm

shoutitout wrote:
Have to agree with the lads if you can go go. Shout for the lads and wave your flags. Very hard to players to hear/see you when you sitting on the bar stool.
I know somelads cant make it due to work and that does come first but I was actually hoping that game would not be on the tv as I would say our traveling support will now half.

Some of the "lads" could be ladies you know!!! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 10:17 pm

I appologise to anyone that was offended.
Shonld have read lads, ladies, boys and girls Very Happy
Back to top Go down
koko39
Senior
Senior
koko39

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 10:26 pm

That's better!!!! . Very Happy Very Happy

On a serious note does anyone know what the story is with marching season? Is there any risk of getting caught up in anything and most importantly will it be safe?
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 10:31 pm

Yeah been up there a few times Koko and stayed over there too great city, great craic, never felt in any danger
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 10:38 pm

Have being up there a couple of times and felt safe also. The question is will we get held up any where on route?
Back to top Go down

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:21 pm

Only towns you will really pass through will be Aughnacloy,Magheramason and New buildings, Strabane and Omagh are bypassed.

Aughnacloy would be the only one you might get caught in i think.

But sure if you drive fast enough i'm sure they will clear the bonnet handy enough,even the ones with the big drums Very Happy

Just north of Derry there is a little town called Muff in Donegal, great little town to go out in, also have a good diving school up there.
Back to top Go down
CluabĂș
Junior A
Junior A

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:27 pm

Good to hear the game is on tv as i'll get to watch it in work. But I agree with ya Shoutitout, half the fans won't travel now which is a shame.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:43 am

What sort of equipment would you need for that diving school Fionn? And is it free?
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:58 am

Prob need a lot of tackle...big tackle.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 2:21 am

lomond wrote:
Can we hope to run over any Orange men on the way up ??? Surely there wont be any delays because of these clowns marching on our roads!!!
big van up through the middle of them sud stop and delays!!!!!! affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate
Radley Park

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 2:57 am

walsheman wrote:
lomond wrote:
big van up through the middle of them sud stop and delays!!!!!! affraid affraid affraid

If you see any orange characters when you are driving just put the head down, the foot to the floor and say nothing. Even if you hear a big bang deny all knowledge of it!!!
Back to top Go down

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:03 am

Just say you though it was a big pigeon.
Back to top Go down
Radley Park
Intermediate
Intermediate
Radley Park

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:13 am

But seriously, it's not the worse place in the world to watch a match. At least since the last time we were up there they have re-developed the place compared to the old rubble ground that it used to be!Remember those long stone seats that they used to have where the new stand now is?Or the big gravel hill on the far side where the press box is?
The only problem is the drive...of all the places that I have been that is the worst c**t of a drive to make...I used pity those who are travelling up from the south of the county!
But get out and support the lads...they are improving with every game and as a couple of posters have said previous this is not the same Derry team of recent years. They are beatable, even in Celtic Park.
Kildare though are going to have to be both mentally and physically strong which I expect them to be. Think Leper, if he plays the same role that he played last Saturday against Leitrim, could be the difference cause he has a serious ability to be in the right place for breaking ball. Plus he has the speed, balls and ability to take on all those who stand in his way!!
Tomas O'Connor, even tho some have shot him done, is a very good option. Doubt very much that he'll start but in the few games that he has played since coming back into the panel he has shown that he can make any full-back's life a misery with his height and strength!
Think it is going to a tight, dogged affair but if Kildare win I don't think any of us will care!!Roll on the Dubs!! bounce
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 6:54 am

This game in Derry suits me perfectly. I had to go to Donegal to collect a car on Saturday anyway. But I'll have to admit its my first championship game this season due to a variety of reasons (mainly to do with juvenile gaa). But jaysus I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Derry.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derry....
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next