Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Derry....

Go down 
+39
tomcruise
Ogie
steviegenius
Loads of Pints
centreback
Radley Park
Cluabú
Ohtoohtobe
white hope
koko39
peile
Son of Sarsfields
walsheman
kildarecat
lomond
smokey
KILL BILL
FearBan
stanley
clonmullin
lilywhiteforlife
gaaman
shoutitout
Sam1928
MD
kartman
Jimmy winning matches
Stonecold
ChillDara
rgb
Dinny Breen
realfone
lilly-exile
Derfil
abl
kickingking
Rex
hawker
Admin
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:10 pm

Think we have a really good chance of winning this game. It is a pity it is such a distance as it will knock a lot of lads off from going up.
Not sure how Derry played against Westmeath but they were not good against Carlow. Heard it on the radio and was talking to lads that were at it. If Geezer could get a video of the game he would def start O'Connor at full forward as Derry could not handle the high ball into the square in that game.
A lot of people have being saying that we need to beat a team from Div 1 to prove we are good, well this is as good as time as any to do it.
Kildare by 3.
Back to top Go down
gaaman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 11:28 pm

3.00pm in Celtic Park on Sat it is
Back to top Go down

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 11:48 pm

That time wouldn't favour people who may work on Saturdays.

Should have had it Sunday if they were going for that time.
Back to top Go down
lilywhiteforlife
Junior A
Junior A
lilywhiteforlife

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:11 am

gaaman wrote:
3.00pm in Celtic Park on Sat it is

Was really hoping for a Sunday match Sad

Would suit better and always feels more like championship football in the summer on a Sunday.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:13 am

Yeah stupid time,I shall not be travelling due to work.
There won't be many travelling at that time i'd say.

Sunday was a better option if at 3.
Back to top Go down
clonmullin
Junior A
Junior A
clonmullin

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:26 am

I would imagine there's a good chance it will be on TV now.

It's the only game on at 3pm on Saturday (assuming no replay between Louth & Meath - big assumption I know) and the Saturday Game is slotted to start at 14:40 on the GAA player
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:41 am

Lads would it have mattered if it was 7 o'clock? It will take 4 hours to get there so if you work Saturday you were not going to make it anyway. Also I remember playing them in the league at 7 o'clock before and it 1 in the morning before getting home.

I do agree that Sunday would have being better.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:43 am

Our defence has shored up well since the louth game and the whole team are attacking and defending as one, we played well saturday night , won by nine points and only conceded six in weather that made playing football like trying to skin an eel in a bucket of grease, the more games this team play the better they are getting as a unit and we have the quality forwards who if they take a bit of time can rack up the scores, I think we will win comfortably against Derry, Kildare by seven.
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:51 am

On TV, RTE showing it.

Shouldn't be an excuse for anyone who can make it not to go. I give them a good chance of a big win at last.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 12:57 am

shoutitout wrote:
Lads would it have mattered if it was 7 o'clock? It will take 4 hours to get there so if you work Saturday you were not going to make it anyway. Also I remember playing them in the league at 7 o'clock before and it 1 in the morning before getting home.

I do agree that Sunday would have being better.

I see your point but a lot of people finish work at 3 on a sat(exclud retail) and more chance of slipping away early if you work til 6.Have to be leavin at 11 latest now.
Try tell the boss that!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:27 am

Recent record v Derry :

League 2008 (away) LOST 1-16 to 0-8
League 2007 (home) WON 0-10 to 0-7
AIQ 2006 (away) - LOST 1-17 to 0-11
League 2006 (away) - LOST 0-11 to 0-9

Makes for horrible reading. Havent scored more than 9 points up there. We need to buck this trend next saturday.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:42 am

You can look at all the previous games but the team we had then is not the team now. As Mcgeeney said and I think he is right,we have one of the best squads in the country. Im confident we will go to Derry and give them a game. Mcgeeney will have them totally up for it. We seem to play better under a bit of pressure. Games like Wicklow last year and Tyrone although we lost to Tyrone I think that was one of the best peformaces I have seen by a Kildare team. In Geezer I trust and I for one will be going to Celtic park on saturday confident of a victory,
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:53 am

iI know its early days but I think Kildare's progress is on an upward trend, I am quietly confident of victory and hope to be there to witness it., a lot of factors come into play, conditions, a good balanced ref (a rarity), and application, we can and will control the last item, but the other 2 are with the gods, and Paul the Octopus......
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:00 am

I would suspect Mcenaney will be ref,should be a tough hitting game and he'd be best to control that.Could be either duffy's from sligo either.

James Kielt will be key for derry at centre forward,they won almost all the games he played in this year and he was man of the match in most of them.When he was injured they lost most those games,although bradley was around then.I would put leper back on him as bolton may not be the right man for him.peter kelly should be well on eoin bradley.
Mcgrillin hopefully back on form this week after a bad showing sat,no prob to him,he a great player.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:09 am

KILL BILL wrote:
iI know its early days but I think Kildare's progress is on an upward trend, I am quietly confident of victory and hope to be there to witness it., a lot of factors come into play, conditions, a good balanced ref (a rarity), and application, we can and will control the last item, but the other 2 are with the gods, and Paul the Octopus......

Derry.... - Page 2 Articl10
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:30 am

Marcus where did you get confirmation of tv coverage. Antrim v Dublin hurling is on at 3 on sat. Cant believe they will show the Dubs in both codes again?? or is advertising worth a few quid more with the dubs
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:44 am

RTE are showing the Dubs at 5pm, I guess they will show the Munster final replay....Will TV3 show us??
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:49 am

Tv3 are showing the Dubs/Armagh match. We're on RTÉ at 3.00 unless there's a replay in the Leinster Final which seems unlikely. The Munster hurling replay is on at 7.00. I'd say the tv coverage will have an effect on the travelling Kildare support - can't see as many that made the trip to Belfast heading up this Saturday unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:50 am

According to the Gaa website they have the Dubs match at 5pm
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 4:40 am

MD wrote:
Just as Des Cahill said could be the kiss of death but I have confidence going up to Derry. As Mcgeeney said if we have any aspirations to go places we need to improve. I heard Mcgeeney gave them a earfull on the pitch after the match last nightI think this one will be tight. We do have the talent to beat Derry and if we play to our potential we can beat these. We need to play like we did in Casement park in the second half. Mcgeeney will know the northern teams well and their systems and thats only a positive. Not keeping my hopes up but I am quietly confident.

Its pity MD McGeeney wouldn't give them an earful or two during a game or at least be seen to be encouraging his team instead of that strange decision to stand in the one spot for ages on the sideline with arms folded with a finger on his lips saying nothing until one of his runners whispers in his ear, I know some managers are more vocal than others but surely McGeeneys impression of a statue is counterproductive?.

I was dreading pulling Derry out of the hat not because I was terrified of their ability as a football team but that god awful journey and I simply can't afford a lads w/end away these financially strained times.
Any news as to whether we were fortunate to get a TV slot?, a winnable game for Kildare but equally winnable from a Derry point of view would be nice if could get off to a good start and make them think a little in front of their home crowd.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 4:52 am

Game is definitley on tv
"Derry's SFC qualifier with Kildare is in Celtic Park and will be televises live by RTE, with the national broadcaster also beaming the replayed Munster SHC final live, which has a 7pm throw in."

http://www.hoganstand.com/Kildare/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=131979
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 4:58 am

MD wrote:
Game is definitley on tv
"Derry's SFC qualifier with Kildare is in Celtic Park and will be televises live by RTE, with the national broadcaster also beaming the replayed Munster SHC final live, which has a 7pm throw in."

http://www.hoganstand.com/Kildare/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=131979

Thanks for that MD I would have preferred to have went but the high stool closer to home appeals!.
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 6:17 am

Until I see it on RTE's website I aint gonna believe..... Hoganstand FFS
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:22 am

wheres everyone staying up here????
heard its a great spot!!hopefully even better after we win
Back to top Go down
Son of Sarsfields
Intermediate
Intermediate

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 9:46 am

City hotel is a good spot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Derry.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derry....   Derry.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derry....
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next