Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final

Go down 
+51
moatesports
Borderline
inexile
Cilldara_2000
johnsmyth
Taibi
smokey
All down the line
Gaa1928
kickingking
reichenhall
OutTheGap
milltownmary
lilywhites on tour
hawker
lilysavage
Sam1928
dontfoul
jj
bag of white
kelf
Bad News Baba
Big Full Back
steviegenius
Flamingo
rob11
white boy
Daenis
flourman
SeamusMurphy
naked-lilly
Jimmy winning matches
LillieLad
onthewayup
Lillydreams
shoutitout
MD
murof
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Rex
kildaregaa365
Westside
lillyboy
topcat
Onhisboot
bob12
TommyKeegan
Kildare98
Ogie
Ohtoohtobe
overthebar
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 11:19 am

Rex wrote:
Anyone else a little worried that Ryan seems to have no idea where the good second half came from. In both local papers he mentions numerous times that he didn't know where the performance came from. At one point he syas it was down to the players knowing what they had to change and sorting it out amongest themselves.
I had to read it a couple of times and I still can't believe he basically said the performance was not down to him.

As for the Dublin game, its a shot to nothing. No one gives us a chance not even ourselves. What we should try and do at all costs is take Dublin out of their comfort zone. Make it a war. Their egos might just get the better of them and make them take the collective eye off the ball just enough to keep us in it.
I don't care how we do it, but we need to find a nasty streak. One in all in style row, get them to think about retribution instead of football. Anything to level the playing field.

I can't believe this is seen as a negative. He said this after the drawn game too actually. At this level, it's a collective thing though the direction comes from the top (I know, I'm a Ryan apologist, as I was a McGeeney apologist and a county board apologist - amazing how none of those actually point to any consistent point of view but anyway). The second half performance came from a crazy first five minutes. That's where it came from. He knows Kildare weren't that much better than Laois (I would hope) and so do the players (I would hope). But like so many games, there were a series of events that led to Laois supporters going mental at Ó Flatharta though it was an individual error that led to the goal which changed everything. But the manager must be blamed.

Ryan was saying how he loved the way that the players identified the mistakes they were making, that they were giving away too much ball and they reduced those errors in the second half.

I suppose who could have said he was a genius by doing something different but there was little different. The players were pumped, they got early scores and Laois were done with three minutes and 15 seconds gone in the second half while Kildare were strutting around like peacocks - which if you were a Kildare supporter was great to see.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 11:20 am

MD wrote:
Moolick has to start in my eyes for this one..No disrespect to Chalky but he simply doesnt have the physicality or pace to keep up with Dublin IMO.. Moolick has to start in midfield, I think this game will suit him.

Chalky will definitely play given his role has been a massively defensive one. And not a fielding or even marking role. I would say if Tommy plays it will be for one of the players numberd 10 to 15 and especially one of the more attack-minded players.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 12:18 pm

Ogie wrote:
I know, I'm a Ryan apologist, as I was a McGeeney apologist and a county board apologist.

I'd heard Holocaust denier too.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 6:06 pm

Ogie wrote:
Rex wrote:
Anyone else a little worried that Ryan seems to have no idea where the good second half came from. In both local papers he mentions numerous times that he didn't know where the performance came from. At one point he syas it was down to the players knowing what they had to change and sorting it out amongest themselves.
I had to read it a couple of times and I still can't believe he basically said the performance was not down to him.

As for the Dublin game, its a shot to nothing. No one gives us a chance not even ourselves. What we should try and do at all costs is take Dublin out of their comfort zone. Make it a war. Their egos might just get the better of them and make them take the collective eye off the ball just enough to keep us in it.
I don't care how we do it, but we need to find a nasty streak. One in all in style row, get them to think about retribution instead of football. Anything to level the playing field.

I can't believe this is seen as a negative. He said this after the drawn game too actually. At this level, it's a collective thing though the direction comes from the top (I know, I'm a Ryan apologist, as I was a McGeeney apologist and a county board apologist - amazing how none of those actually point to any consistent point of view but anyway). The second half performance came from a crazy first five minutes. That's where it came from. He knows Kildare weren't that much better than Laois (I would hope) and so do the players (I would hope). But like so many games, there were a series of events that led to Laois supporters going mental at Ó Flatharta though it was an individual error that led to the goal which changed everything. But the manager must be blamed.

Ryan was saying how he loved the way that the players identified the mistakes they were making, that they were giving away too much ball and they reduced those errors in the second half.

I suppose who could have said he was a genius by doing something different but there was little different. The players were pumped, they got early scores and Laois were done with three minutes and 15 seconds gone in the second half while Kildare were strutting around like peacocks - which if you were a Kildare supporter was great to see.

I see it a s a negative when it is placed alongside the manager saying he changed nothing himself. If the players are going to make the changes what is the managers role. If he had said, I seen certain things in the game and pointed them out to the players who made the changes themselves you would have confidence he sees what is happening as the game progresses. But it was just a mystery why we clicked. I find that disturbing in the man who is supposed to set out the game plan, the tactics, the changes during needed during the game and the substitutions required to change the flow of a game.
What happens when the players can't make the changes themselves, would you have confidence in Ryan to step up then, I have to say I wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 8:23 pm

I'm not sure pushing up on their kick out is a good idea. If we push up its just leaving too much room for them to run into. I would let Cluxton kick to his full back line. I would let them walk up to their own 45 - 65 then I would stand them up. Having 13 - 14 of our own players in our half of the field will make things tight. Dont give away frees but contest everything. Leave Smith and Kelly the furthest up the pitch and have Bolton, Cribben and Lyons breaking as fast as possible.
This will not be pretty no matter what we do but I just hope Ryan does not think we can win playing football.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 1:06 am

Genuinely, in the build-up to Dublin-Donegal last year, it was some of the worst football analysis I've ever read. Hilarious how the so-called experts told us all Dublin had to do was turn up, and that the only team who could beat Dublin was Mayo

It was pretty obvious to me it was the other way round - Donegal were the only team capable of beating Dublin because of their system, whereas Mayo would be undone by their defensive weakness and psychological frailties (ultimately these aspects proved their downfall against Kerry).

Probably my favourite cliche in the previews was how everyone - and I mean everyone - assured us that Donegal were screwed because they couldn't push up on the kickouts. In fact they contested the kickouts then dropped back into defensive formation if they didn't win possession. I mean, it's not rocket science.

Last edited by HauntedGraffiti on Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:19 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 1:14 am

Dublin are vulnerable again this year because they haven't exactly done radical surgery on their defence. It's a catch-22 for Gavin cos if he does his much hyped attacking strategy amounts to a load of hot air.

But it's only really Kerry, Mayo and Donegal who have the quality and tactical acumen to beat them.
Back to top Go down
Lillydreams
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 2:48 am

It is absolutely crucial that Kildare lower the standard of this game completely. Set up their defensive wall across the 45 and have at most two players not back! Force Dublin to kick points from outside the 45. Like in last years semi final against Donegal, even though Dublin kicked 5 great scores to start the match Donegal knew that no team can keep that up for 70 mins. We also need our fittest most agile players playing, they are the key to Kildare getting any scores we need players like Doyle bolten cribbin and McNally breaking from defence with pace and trying to get good ball into the two players left forward ( maybe Kelly around the 45 and smith alone inside)
Back to top Go down
onthewayup
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 4:09 am

As has being said every dog has its day.
And the lay of averages surely means the amount of times Dublin have bet us means we are due a win to be fair I'm not hopeful but more wishfull
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 7:52 am

David Fucking Coldrick is the referee...
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 7:58 am

LillieLad wrote:
wil make any no different who ref is kildare need a mircale anyway
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 8:27 am

With a bitta luck he give us everything cause he doesn't want Meath to get hammered by the Dubs in a Leinster final again. (If they get there) I'm joking obv!!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 8:34 am

i say westmeath could beat meath
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 9:03 am

Lads why are we saying kildare NEED! to set up defensively to stop dublin sure we did it against laois! Played 2 forwards with a strong breeze on our backs the first day of course we are going to do it against the dubs smith and podge on the 21 everyone else back but there are holes in our blanket and the dubs will find the back of the net we wont beat the handicap (11)
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 9:43 pm

LillieLad wrote:

Is this True ?, This is a Joke, has to be.. Whatever happened to Refs from other Provinces getting these Games ?.

Conway on Kilkenny ?, Kilkenny is the big plus from this Year, and was a huge loss to them in 2014.

Any word on P Kelly Folks ?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 10:24 pm

More good news for us Sad .. O Carroll, O Sullivan and MacAuley are fit and available to face us.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 10:58 pm

Was on the back page of one of the papers yesterday P Kelly defo won't make it, could be a smokescreen but I doubt it!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 1:31 am

Id say You are right.. He seems to break down after 20 Mins or so, big loss, especially against whatever 6 the Dubs atart up front.. I wouldnt like to face them.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 12:14 am

kildare are looking at monaghan style of play they used in league semi final against dublin,
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 12:23 am

How do you know this fone?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 12:32 am

bob12 wrote:
was told this morning and podge and bolton might not start
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 5:52 am

Be surprised if either missed out.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 7:17 am

Interesting tidbit about minor team - Niall Quinn's son, Mickey (Eadestown), is sub keeper. Again, would encourage everyone to get out early and support them. Regardless of senior result, minors beating Dublin again would prove the underage scene in Kildare is in rude health. They're a really good team with some fine players.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 7:11 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Interesting tidbit about minor team - Niall Quinn's son, Mickey (Eadestown), is sub keeper. Again, would encourage everyone to get out early and support them. Regardless of senior result, minors beating Dublin again would prove the underage scene in Kildare is in rude health. They're a really good team with some fine players.

+1
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 7:43 pm

fone wrote:
bob12 wrote:
was told  this morning and podge and bolton might not  start

Is that tactical or due to injuries, Fone?

I can see the logic in leaving both out as we need our fastest, fittest and most mobile players starting. I'd have left Bolton on the team though due to his experience and ability to read the game and set up attacks. Certainly not to man-mark Flynn though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final   Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare V Dublin, Leinster S/Final
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next