Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Mayo

Go down 
+36
steviegenius
Shergar
midfieldmaestro
Ohtoohtobe
Sam1928
flourman
Borderline
murof
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
DONTPULLOUT
OutTheGap
Kildaremad
jemser
Xavi
kickingking
lilysavage
jim
LillieLad
jimmers
lilywhites on tour
SeamusMurphy
micky murphy
lillyboy
kelf
Gaa1928
moatesports
Rex
Highball
KILL BILL
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Ogie
White Bridge
Kildare98
TommyKeegan
kildaregaa365
Jimmy winning matches
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 8:28 am

I think he's a really good player but he has gone missing when Mayo badly needed him against the Dubs. On six separate occasions since 2013. I actually think if O'Shea had put in one top performance in any of those games, Mayo would have won.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 8:44 am

Again... Fair play to Mayo, these are problems we're certainly not going to have to worry about. But... They have been engaged in mass delusion for the best part of a decade. I actually have a lot of admiration for them, so they can take it as some friendly but firm advice Smile
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 8:46 am

HG I'd concentrate on our lot. Your putting way to much effort into Mayo. I've no love for them or any other team that's not Kildare but it would be nice if any in white today put in half the effort they did. I was embarrassed by our performance today, no other word for it.

Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 8:52 am

In hindsight the shortcomings of this group of players has been evident since underage. Most of them were minor in 2010 to 2013. The 10 team were 5 pts up against Dublin late in the game in Conleths but still allowed Dublin to draw. Even after we finally beat them they fell to a late Longford ambush. The best minor team I have seen in this county couldn't even get to a Leinster final.
3 years later with the addition of Brophy, Flynn and Hyland they somehow managed to kick 19 wide's against Galway. Since that what I thought were very good minor teams were dismissed with ease by Roscommon and Tipp.
The cold reality is that these players underachieved at underage and are still doing so. I have been as guilty as most in making excuses for them.
I fear we could take a serious beating next week as Kerry will be angry after another defeat to Dublin.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 8:54 am

Aidan O'Shea was brilliant today, turning the ball over on numerous occasions, scoring 1-1 and setting up other scores. i have to say some of our attempts to stop him, including Johnny Byrne's black card, were fairly amateurish.

i agree with Highball's point about our leaders being very poor today. Kevin Feely's habit of going sideways/backwards every time he gets the ball is a real problem. It stops any chance we have of getting quick ball into the forwards. Eoin Doyle was poor in possession and didn't offer the full-back line much protection in the 2nd half. Also a lot of the players from the 2013 under 21 team haven't kicked on or are struggling for form. When newcomers Kevin Flynn and Cian O'Donoghue were our best outfield players today - questions have to be asked.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 9:17 am

This Div1 season has been nothing short of pointless. We've regressed . We have blooded no new players during it Really, haven't tried anything new different or ground breaking that would lead you to believe that would actually challenge a Donegal, Tyrone or Galway in the champ should we meet them let alone Kerry, Mayo or Dublin.

We're going to finish bottom with 7 defeats and have learned nothing or gained nothing along the way. Not one single fucking positive will be had from the whole fucking 7 games . Isn't that un fucking believable to think .

The same old usual shit . 5 yards off our man in the backs.
No one willing to take responsibility . No leader. Brain dead option taking . Imbicile like passing. Forwards shooting like corner backs . Corner backs marking like corner forwards.

I'd be here all night. If it wasn't for Donnellan today we could have shipped 7/8 goals. And we could have no arguments. When they have a video session reviewing the previous game I wonder are the players watching Peppa Pig on Netflix, whilst Cian O Neill plays Candy Crush on his phone punching in the time to collect the free boots and mileage from the county board . And then they hsve the absolute audacity to walk around the likes of Celbridge , JTB and Athy like hero's in their Kildare gear with the local fluff swooning over them like a deprived 40 year old cougar over Michael Bublé.

Fucking Patheic . Young and learning my fucking hole. Some of these lads should have got their biggest lesson when they were shooting from half way against Galway in the u21s several years back.

I'm done. I'm out . Not wasting another penny travelling to support lads going through the motions not willing (maybe not able too) to take it to the next level .

Good Fucking Luck
Back to top Go down
Kildaremad
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 9:24 am

Good fucking riddance to you xavi....go off and support Barcelona . These lads are amateur players chosen to represent their county . They don't get paid and it's a hobby.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 9:36 am

Kildaremad wrote:
Good fucking riddance to you xavi....go off and support Barcelona . These lads are amateur players chosen to represent their county . They don't get paid and it's a hobby.

Gardening, stamp collecting, model train building.  These are all examples of hobbies.

This is elite Gaelic Football. This is the closest thing to professional Gaelic Footballers and sports stars any if these lads in the country and county will ever be. Dublin already are there . They all get expenses. Some get cars to drive around in.  

I apologise if expecting some of them to have a spine is pushing the boat out. My bad. I'll just fuck away €150 following them to Tralee next week so to watch them get arse fucked by Kerry
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 9:42 am

Got a feel of the Ryan era about the forum tonight. Not a good sign.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 9:57 am

Rex wrote:

I didn't expect a win today. In fact I knew it would be a struggle this year . But to get nothing out or Div1, see us still continue to make the same mistakes over and over and over .

It's absolutely soul destroying . Ryan, O Neill, and as was said earlier a mixture of Micko, Sean Boylan , Mickey Harte and Jim McGuinness would get nothing out of them. Footballing wise there is just nothing between the 2 ears
Back to top Go down
DONTPULLOUT
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 10:06 am

Changing manager wouldnt help players have to take responcabilty 4 today we needed to win they didnt turn up.
O neill cant kick the ball 4 them.
We still need what we have needed for years dirty bastards not a fucking hand put on mayo today
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 10:23 am

Xavi wrote:
Rex wrote:

I didn't expect a win today.  In fact I knew it would be a struggle this year . But to get nothing out or Div1, see us still continue to make the same mistakes over and over and over .

It's absolutely soul destroying .  Ryan, O Neill, and as was said earlier a mixture of Micko, Sean Boylan , Mickey Harte and Jim McGuinness would get nothing out of them.  Footballing wise there is just nothing between the 2 ears

I agree with a lot of that, what I was saying though is there is a dissatisfaction growing that wasn't there two months ago. No wins would of course contribute greatly to this feeling but other factors such as the same mistakes, decision making, ball brought into tackles, ridiculous shots and willing to work hard all have not improved. People are now like then starting to question what is going on.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 10:49 am

Rex wrote:
Xavi wrote:
Rex wrote:

I didn't expect a win today.  In fact I knew it would be a struggle this year . But to get nothing out or Div1, see us still continue to make the same mistakes over and over and over .

It's absolutely soul destroying .  Ryan, O Neill, and as was said earlier a mixture of Micko, Sean Boylan , Mickey Harte and Jim McGuinness would get nothing out of them.  Footballing wise there is just nothing between the 2 ears

I agree with a lot of that, what I was saying though is there is a dissatisfaction growing that wasn't there two months ago. No wins would of course contribute greatly to this feeling but other factors such as the same mistakes, decision making, ball brought into tackles, ridiculous shots and willing to work hard all have not improved. People are now like then starting to question what is going on.

Quick question just to see am I alone in my thinking.

Has anyone any positives whatsoever that we could take and carry into the championship from our spell in Division 1?

Answers on a post card please.
Back to top Go down
DONTPULLOUT
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 10:57 am

Tonight NO maybe on thursday
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 11:06 am

Xavi wrote:
Rex wrote:
Xavi wrote:
Rex wrote:

Quick question just to see am I alone in my thinking.

Has anyone any positives whatsoever that we could take and carry into the championship from our spell in Division 1?

Answers on a post card please.

We’re not Meath?
Back to top Go down
Borderline
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 2:16 pm

Highball wrote:
Tommy , any comparisons with those Laois minor sides gives me shivers..

At least those Laois Minors formed the backbone of a team that went on to win a Leinster title, a lot more than we have done. And who did they beat in that final....
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 7:57 pm

There's something rotten to the core amongst this squad - and it's been evident since 2011/2012.

No backbone, no fight, not enough desire to win 50/50 balls around the middle third, inability to convert the simplest of chances (both from play and from a dead-ball), inability to to tackle (some of the efforts yesterday were laughable), inability to turn things around when a team get a run on us.

The lack of effort to get back in to the game in the second half yesterday was just unacceptable, and you just can not make excuses for it.

There's just a laziness running through the team, from lads not tracking their man, going up for balls in midfield with one hand (@ one stage yesterday one of our midfielders was ambling back to midfield for a Mayo kickout, after yet another wide, with his back to Hennelly and the ball coming over his head)

We have no kickout strategy- our best fielder of a ball taking 13 yard frees, and then expected to run 30 yards back and be available for the kickout. We can't win breaking ball around the middle third (as much to do with desire as it is with positioning). Fergal Conway spent every kickout second half hugging the touchline on the terrace side, making no effort to get involved in kickouts (please somebody tell me - is he told to do that by management, or is this his own decision?)

There are absolutely no positives to take from this campaign, you earn the right to win games at any level by matching the opposition for desire, committment and energy and the biggest disappointment with this group of players is that they are not even give themselves a chance of winning games.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 8:27 pm

I know I sound like a broken record here but those county players didn't perform for their clubs in the championship last year. Athy and Celbridge against Moorefield when you had a load of county players from those clubs on show but you'd never know they were county men. Likewise the Celbridge JTB semi was one of the worst games of football I ever saw. Again must have been about 6 or 7 county players. You wouldn't know it.

They are what they are and they ain't going to magically transform into stalwarts willing to die for the jersey when they don the white.

Skill isn't enough. Hard work will always beat talent when talent doesn't work hard.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 8:50 pm

At the outset of this campaign, firmly believed this group had the potential to go up another level, but when it came to the crunch, we simply didn't have it. You see the sort of composure, resolve and clinical approach the Dubs had yesterday - Jesus we are miles off.

As Tommy says, the sense that this bunch have a great future behind them is gathering pace. Yes, they could come straight back up next year. But you back them to take this year's lessons onboard? I certainly wouldn't. If they haven't done so already, no reason to think they'll do so in the future.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 10:31 pm

Beat a load of crop teams in Division 2, everything is great. Lose to few teams in Division 1, we are a disgrace. Usual guff. Of course we learn in division 1.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 10:35 pm

For the last few years we are just too easy to beat and roll over, group of players that are being over hyped every where and believe it in their heads, I like CO'N he got us here but just too much talking and over analysis in this group on the buzzwords and nothing on the basics of football and real honesty, I do think the players have the ability to get to the next level just look at Galway why are showing the basic principals of hunger, desire and a fear of losing, when we lose games to me too many people are looking outward at referees / linesmen / building teams / missing players etc etc etc all excuses hiding the fact we could go nearly a year without winning a game.
I just think they are getting the same for winning or losing and that mindset has set in so too many players look around at others on the field and pointing to other to tackle and mark opponents and just go missing when the opposition get a run on us #roll over Kildare!
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 11:34 pm

i agree with a lot of what is said and then listening to commentators who say kildare are in transition two questions how come when the ball is being broken in midfield we never have anyone to get a breaking ball mayo wiped us out there , and also the amount of ball being lost in contact is absolutely criminal for a team who seems to have physicality where is it
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 4:09 am

Hated writing this.. really hated it.. but have got myself into the habit of chronicling matches. Maybe now is the time to stop.

http://kildaregaa365.com/index.php/kildare-1-12-mayo-1-19-shambles/
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 4:16 am

lilysavage wrote:
Beat a load of crop teams in Division 2, everything is great. Lose to few teams in Division 1, we are a disgrace. Usual guff. Of course we learn in division 1.

I'd argue that "of course we learn" is guff.. on all evidence to date.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 4:17 am

Sam1928 wrote:
I know I sound like a broken record here but those county players didn't perform for their clubs in the championship last year. Athy and Celbridge against Moorefield when you had a load of county players from those clubs on show but you'd never know they were county men. Likewise the Celbridge JTB semi was one of the worst games of football I ever saw. Again must have been about 6 or 7 county players. You wouldn't know it.

They are what they are and they ain't going to magically transform into stalwarts willing to die for the jersey when they don the white.

Skill isn't enough. Hard work will always beat talent when talent doesn't work hard.

Kevin Flynn is from Celbridge. Best Kildare player on the park since half-time in Ballyshannon. But yes.. the "star" players do seem to live on reputation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Mayo
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next