Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Mayo

Go down 
+36
steviegenius
Shergar
midfieldmaestro
Ohtoohtobe
Sam1928
flourman
Borderline
murof
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
DONTPULLOUT
OutTheGap
Kildaremad
jemser
Xavi
kickingking
lilysavage
jim
LillieLad
jimmers
lilywhites on tour
SeamusMurphy
micky murphy
lillyboy
kelf
Gaa1928
moatesports
Rex
Highball
KILL BILL
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Ogie
White Bridge
Kildare98
TommyKeegan
kildaregaa365
Jimmy winning matches
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare v Mayo  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 3:03 am

After losing the amount of games these lads have, if the can't show the desire needed in order to escape the embarrassment and derision that comes with that kind of losing streak then they've no hope.

The other option is that losing doesn't bother most of them.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 6:52 am

Rex wrote:
After losing the amount of games these lads have, if the can't show the desire needed in order to escape the embarrassment and derision that comes with that kind of losing streak then they've no hope.

The other option is that losing doesn't bother most of them.
from most post on social media it all cian o neill fault kildare losing at moment
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 7:56 am

Nah, not having that yet. Players not doing what is required. McGeeney, struggled to get some of these players going, Ryan we all know about, now O'Neill. Not a coincidence I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 8:23 am

Johnny Doyle was eir Sports last night said he was disappointed by players way threw in towel with 15 Minutes to go
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 9:22 am

Normally I'm one of the more optimistic posters on here, but I'm still so utterly disgusted by the performance on Sunday that I can't drum up any enthusiasm for Saturday's match. I am mad passionate about the Kildare football team, ridiculously so, but this lot have a LONG way to go to win back my affection - put it that way.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 9:31 am

Speaking of Johnny Doyle - you think of him, the Glen Ryans, the Buckleys, Earleys, Lynchs, McCreerys etc. Jesus Christ I never saw men who were as passionate about anything. They must be wondering what the f**k their legacy is.

Does these lads realise the responsibility, how important it is? I'd question it tbh.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 10:02 am

Something he could never be accused of Fone.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 10:10 am

jim wrote:
Something he could never be accused of Fone.
with club and county
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 12:59 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Speaking of Johnny Doyle - you think of him, the Glen Ryans, the Buckleys, Earleys, Lynchs, McCreerys etc. Jesus Christ I never saw men who were as passionate about anything. They must be wondering what the f**k their legacy is.

Does these lads realise the responsibility, how important it is? I'd question it tbh.

Was that the Management team that never happened.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 9:05 pm

That wasn't good enough I think Seamus.
Back to top Go down
ixus
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 9:50 pm

Rex wrote:
Nah, not having that yet. Players not doing what is required. McGeeney, struggled to get some of these players going,  Ryan we all know about, now O'Neill. Not a coincidence I'm afraid.

It's ownership/accountability/mental at this stage.

Flynn should not balloon one more ball in the sky when shooting. Ever. That's his responsibility. It looks terrible for a top level athlete to do that. It is a lack of concentration.

Doyle should never lose or give away possession from a kick out like he did again, two times in a row (one resulting in a black card for his team mate). Both were down to lack of focus.

Scuttling of a shot along the ground into keeper's hands is another example.

Feely's free's in front of goals. etc etc.

Games are littered with these kind of examples. Taking chances and making mistakes is fine. Making junior level plays at elite level is not. When these things happen during a game they have a negative impact on the team. It is, possibly, psychologically worse than conceding a point due to good opposition play.

If your shooting isn't good enough. Practice extra in your own time.
If your tackling isn't good enough. Practice extra in your own time.
If your concentration isn't lasting 70 minutes, get fitter.

Management has a high percentage of responsibility for this but, ultimately, the players and team need to account for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 9:56 pm

Ixus I agree, loads of ability in this team but they have consistently shown an inability to cope in pressure situations. I'd say they'd learn but Christ knows they've had enough lessons at this stage.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 10:53 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Ixus I agree, loads of ability in this team but they have consistently shown an inability to cope in pressure situations. I'd say they'd learn but Christ knows they've had enough lessons at this stage.

That is the key key issue. Sure anyone can look good floating around with half-arsed opposition (Laois and Meath last year) and no real pressure. That's why Kilkenny were so good for so long. Their ability to perform the basics of the game at all times set them apart.

Then the issue of experience...we never seem to learn from experience. I mean for a Top 10 team we make so many stupid mistakes over and over again.
It's all great when things are going well, but from county down to club many of our lads don't dig in when it's needed.

PS
Does anyone know why Luke Flynn left the panel? If not can people stop presuming the lad left for this or that reason.
Maybe he can't commit to county football, like many others around the country.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2018 10:58 pm

Look at the clashes between Dublin & Mayo from past few years - at different times both teams under the most severe pressure and they always just maintain their composure and keep playing. Both of them hard as nails, mentally and physically.

As you say, our lads look like world-beaters blowing away non-entities like Laois and Meath with stylish attacking football - but ask them to keep their heads in a pressure-cooker situation, forget it.

And as you say, they never learn - make the same mistakes over and over.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 2:23 am

A lot of the players are just headless.
Lets face it. They may have skill but jesus they all do some silly things on a constant basis.
Either they are just stupid or they are not been coached to STOP making the same mistakes over and over.
Its so fustrating
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Mayo
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8