Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Mayo

Go down 
+36
steviegenius
Shergar
midfieldmaestro
Ohtoohtobe
Sam1928
flourman
Borderline
murof
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
DONTPULLOUT
OutTheGap
Kildaremad
jemser
Xavi
kickingking
lilysavage
jim
LillieLad
jimmers
lilywhites on tour
SeamusMurphy
micky murphy
lillyboy
kelf
Gaa1928
moatesports
Rex
Highball
KILL BILL
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Ogie
White Bridge
Kildare98
TommyKeegan
kildaregaa365
Jimmy winning matches
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 6:15 am

If I could be arsed to write about today that’s what I’d love to write Rex.

Couldn’t agree more.

Back to top Go down
DONTPULLOUT
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 6:23 am

Just finished watching tg4 am i glad i didnt go that.
No score for 1st 10mins and from 22min up to ht and 1.12 in total we wont be troubling to many teams at that rate.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 6:24 am

You would put it far better 365. I look forward to your take on things.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 6:29 am

Honestly after a performance like that you'd feel foolish for thinking this side was top four material. Genuinely embarrassing stuff.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 6:40 am

Done deal:

- two nights in Tralee available - Mar 17/18th

- Kildare GAA website - curator required

Back to top Go down
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 6:45 am

I gave up watching Kildare after the Armagh defeat. Glad i haven't watched them since. Same old Kildare. Soft centered.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 6:57 am

Rex wrote:
You would put it far better 365. I look forward  to your take on things.

Can’t wait for Tommy’s take on it..

affraid
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 6:58 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Honestly after a performance like that you'd feel foolish for thinking this side was top four material. Genuinely embarrassing stuff.

Could be worse HG.. it’s not like you argued Kevin Feely was one of the best two midfielders in the country..
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 6:59 am

CON said the points didn't matter it was about the performance. Ffs will you stop.. time for a brandy.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 7:13 am

I still maintain Feely deserved an All Star last year. This season not so much.

But at least we're not as delusional as Mayo supporters (not hard tbh).
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 7:23 am

But it's actually quite a handy gig they have, as they can look forward to the usual laudatory press after they lose to Kerry or Dublin after extra time in a replay this year. As Joe Brolly says, celebrity losers.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 7:34 am

What’s with the mayo hate ?

Massive amount of traveling fans and they schooled us .. on a different level to us , celebrity losers ?? At least they have gone toe to toe with the golden boys... we haven’t been within an asses roar of them in a generation .

Depressing stuff alright , so many heads dropped. Confidence is completely shot. A trip to a wounded Kerry side has about as much appeal as a night out with Jim Gavin

Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 7:42 am

Think we should look inwards not towards Mayo. Would love if we had losers like theirs.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 7:43 am

Certainly been competing hard with Dubs in last five years alright, whilst not beating them once. But then again, it's only the Dubs who have their number. Definitely not Cork (league final 2012). Or Donegal (AI final 2012). Or Kerry (AI semi final 2014). Or... (Continued for another six pages).
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 7:43 am

reallly had hoped for more this year from our “elite” guys. We all know who they are and they continue to disappoint - young o donoghue and a resurgent Peter Kelly would be my top performers in a desperately disappointing league campaign..

Even our normally assured captain was all over the place today and took a roasting - he is not on his own though.

The malaise or loss after loss has set in and many of our lads look she’ll shocked and defeated.. we need any sort of a win at this stage.. hard to see when it’s gonna come,

We seems to have gone backwards in our attacking efforts , our swashbuckling div 2 campaign was based on pacy mixed attacks, sometimes with hard direct running combined with direct kick passing. We have gone back to the Kildare disease of endless handpasses , lateral and ineffective. Easy to marshal and subject to turnover. Not kicking on instinct , working our way into worse positions later in attacks than we had earlier ...

And worst of all , our free taking is worse than you would witness at under 14 level...

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhhjhhhh - I hate following Kildare ......
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 7:44 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
Think we should look inwards not towards Mayo. Would love if we had losers like theirs.

We certainly have the same number of All Ireland medals so maybe some consolation.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 7:47 am

Jesus I wish our loss record was as good as theirs HG .. insert Westmeath Armagh et al and you see the diffeerent levels we are at.

Forget about mayo , they won’t be paying us a second thought as they plan another path to September .. we however will do well to get through June unscathed
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 7:51 am

Had a look. I think people today were expecting too much and this one bothered me little, just like Dublin game Dublin. There are two elite sides in the country, to think we can get near either is nuts. As for overall campaign and Kildare at this level? You can put lipstick on a pig but ultimately...

My overall worry is we may overrate this generation and have had Laois minor syndrome. I keep hearing it's a learning curve but only if you've the ability to learn, and if not you go very quickly from mid 20s to early 30s and potential has turned to mediocrity.

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 7:53 am

Highball wrote:

Forget about mayo , they won’t be paying us a second thought as they plan another path to September

Definitely and good luck to them. But I suspect it'll be a familiar ending.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 8:02 am

Men against boys today. They had a feckin’ pensioner at full forward and our full back couldn’t cover the ground quick enough to get a paw on him.
Let alone get in front of the bastard or block his shot.

Aidan O’Shea twatted your All Star aside HG.

For a team that’s gone to the well a thousand times their determination and passion for their County was remarkable today. In March. In Newbridge.

We threw a few shapes, kicked a few Hail Mary wides, waved them towards our goals and spent 20 minutes in the dressing room debating whether to bother coming out for the second half.

I’m surprised you want to still focus on them losing a few high profile matches down the years. But whatever you think is the priority issue...
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 8:06 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Had a look. I think people today were expecting too much and this one bothered me little, just like Dublin game Dublin. There are two elite sides in the country, to think we can get near either is nuts. As for overall campaign and Kildare at this level? You can put lipstick on a pig but ultimately...

My overall worry is we may overrate this generation and have had Laois minor syndrome. I keep hearing it's a learning curve but only if you've the ability to learn, and if not you go very quickly from mid 20s to early 30s and potential has turned to mediocrity.

I’m in danger of naming names so this will be my last post tonight but I could name 4 or 5 of our Golden Generation who are arguably worse players than when they first came on the scene. I think what you fear has already happened TK. It’s a young man’s game now and this team are not as young as some people would have you think in a national context.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 8:13 am

Losing a few high profile games is possibly an understatement - 11 finals including replays since 89. And to be fair, Aidan O'Shea has been completely anonymous against Dublin in the past three years. Ironically Feely much more impressive against them!
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 8:17 am

Tommy , any comparisons with those Laois minor sides gives me shivers..

The lack of in game management and decision making is infuriating. CON said earlier in the year that it’s year 3 for him and it’s shit or get off the pot.

Looks like it’s the latter.

What’s making it worse for me is that last year I believed we were the best team in division 2 even though we were horrible in the league final v Galway. The strides they have made since then has shown how much they are leaning each and every week. We have regressed from then
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 8:21 am

Fully expect Dubs to blow Galway away. We were out of our depth today. Expect Mayo to end their season with another moral victory.

The season summed up in three lines!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 8:23 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Losing a few high profile games is possibly an understatement - 11 finals including replays since 89. And to be fair, Aidan O'Shea has been completely anonymous against Dublin in the past three years. Ironically Feely much more impressive against them!

For such a useless lump, he fairly made hay today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Mayo
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next