Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Mayo

Go down 
+36
steviegenius
Shergar
midfieldmaestro
Ohtoohtobe
Sam1928
flourman
Borderline
murof
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
DONTPULLOUT
OutTheGap
Kildaremad
jemser
Xavi
kickingking
lilysavage
jim
LillieLad
jimmers
lilywhites on tour
SeamusMurphy
micky murphy
lillyboy
kelf
Gaa1928
moatesports
Rex
Highball
KILL BILL
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Ogie
White Bridge
Kildare98
TommyKeegan
kildaregaa365
Jimmy winning matches
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 5:20 am

Last two post interesting, further evidence of the feeling there is in the game that Mayo are owed an All Ireland. They're an excellent team but I honestly don't care whether or not they win it. Much more excited by Kildare doing well.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 6:46 am

I'm with you HG. I couldn't give a continental about Mayo. I was in Hawkfield last year before  the All Ireland looking for a ticket and i thought I was at a Mayo supporters club dinner dance between  Mick Gorman, John Joe Walsh and Kathleen O Neill all celebrating Mayo being in the final. I was thinking where do their loyalties lie. I didn't get a ticket which probably only annoyed me further. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 7:44 am

Tyrone won tonight

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 7:46 am

Fantastic team with admirable battling qualities, but for a team who are serial failures on the national stage there is some amount of hype about them. Still think they are short of firepower at the elite level and they are going to pay dearly once again this year for not developing the likes of young Loftus further.

Not that you'd know any of this from listening to their supporters btw. But if they're going to slag us off they'd better be ready to take some of it back. Good news tho is their chronic inability to recognise their own weaknesses is a factor in our favour tomorrow Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 7:52 am

If we do go down, let's hope we do a Cavan on it next year and incinerate everyone. We probably will. But let's throw the kitchen sink at these last few games and see if we do it. Could well be the making of this team. It ain't over til it's over as a wise man - I believe it was, er, Lenny Kravitz - once said.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 11:42 am

'Serial failures'? Stop talking shite. They've given us great entertainment over past 5 years and they are a great team. Warriors all over the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 11:57 am

Entertainment definitely. National trophies not so much.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2018 8:25 pm

Is this the Kildare board of the Mayo board?

Win today and we give ourselves a shout of staying up. We have shown that we have the ability to compete against these teams. I hope if we get in a winning position today that we can show the composure to see it through. A battling win against one of these sides would do wonders for confidence.

Interesting to see how we set up today. Against Donegal before the sending off it looked like we were set up slightly more defensively.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 1:41 am

0-07 to 1-04 heading into 1st half injury time .

2 mins later 1-09 to 1-04. If that doesn't sum how utterly brain dead Kildare are I don't know what does. This is the story of Kildare the last decade . Are we as a footballing county completely stupid inept and uncoachable .

At what stage do we stop being a team that is young aand learning. At what stage , at what fucking stage
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 1:49 am

Is there any point in this now NINE game losing streak we can talk about the manager? Even Jason Ryan won a game or two in Div 1. We have one attacking tactic (Flynn).

We haven’t learned a single lesson from the games to date other than the need to play a sweeper which we all saw on here 3 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Xavi
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 2:01 am

Unless we get goals here Mayo going to do us for 10/11 points here.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 2:04 am

jim wrote:
I'm with you HG. I couldn't give a continental about Mayo. I was in Hawkfield last year before  the All Ireland looking for a ticket and i thought I was at a Mayo supporters club dinner dance between  Mick Gorman, John Joe Walsh and Kathleen O Neill all celebrating Mayo being in the final. I was thinking where do their loyalties lie. I didn't get a ticket which probably only annoyed me further. Evil or Very Mad

John Joe is a Mayo man who played with Mayo, Mick Gorman's family also moved over from Mayo.

Didn't stop John Joe giving the guts of 50 years to Kildare as a player, selector, administrator, and Mick Gorman answered the call in recent years as an administrator, having also played for the county.

They would have very natural draw to Mayo.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 2:59 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
Is there any point in this now NINE game losing streak we can talk about the manager? Even Jason Ryan won a game or two in Div 1. We have one attacking tactic (Flynn).

We haven’t learned a single lesson from the games to date other than the need to play a sweeper which we all saw on here 3 years ago.

Galway who were promoted with us, and who have a group of players similar in age, ability and experience, have won 5 games in a row and are heading for a League Final. So yes - it warrants discussion.
Back to top Go down
jemser
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 3:05 am

No point blaming the management, we are as fit, strong,big and we'll prepared as any team in the country except Dublin, we simply have the stupidest brain dead players in country who are unable to learn from anything, just repeating the same mistakes over and over and over...so depressing
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 3:15 am

jemser wrote:
No point blaming the management, we are as fit, strong,big and we'll prepared as any team in the country except Dublin, we simply have the stupidest brain dead players in country who are unable to learn from anything, just repeating the same mistakes over and over and over...so depressing

Funny because we looked unfit, weak and small out there today.

I think it’s a combination of problems honestly but if I said too much right now it would get too personal.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 3:46 am

Left at half time as it was game over. This team simply does not have it upstairs. Getting into good attacking positions and then just making stupid decisions and also making some appallingly executed point attempts.

Fair play to Mayo - blew us away in second half as you would expect a top team to do. Still think they'll be short of an All Ireland this year, but oh to have such problems. Morale will be at rock bottom going into championship and it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that a Westmeath for example could take us out. Grim times.

Anyway, some number crunching: nine months since we won a game. Eighteen months til Dubs do five in a row.
Back to top Go down
Kildaremad
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 3:53 am

I'm starting to wonder if a football manager would of been a better option as the senior football manager and not a C&C coach .......
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 3:54 am

jimmers wrote:
Galway who were promoted with us, and who have a group of players similar in age, ability and experience, have won 5 games in a row and are heading for a League Final. So yes - it warrants discussion.

Galway weren't good enough defensively the last couple of years so they got a top coach (Paddy Tally from Tyrone) and changed the way they play to a counter attacking style which made a big difference. I'd question if the management team has the ability to turn us around. Still though, if we are making the basic errors we did today we've no chance.

We were outclassed today and didn't show much fight in the 2nd half. Only positives were Mark Donnellan who saved us from a hiding and Kevin Flynn who I thought was very good.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 4:05 am

Yeah sounds like if Donnellan hadn't been on form today this would have been a massacre. Only positives for me today were him, O'Donoghue (again) and the two Flynns.

This team are great when they get space and can blow away teams with stylish football, but ask them to keep their heads in a closely fought game - forget it. For me it's on the players more than the management. Doubt even a combination of Micko, Sean Boylan and Jim McGuinness could coach the necessary composure and steel into them.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 4:36 am

Quality of football Dubs playing atm unreal. Will be massively shocked if they don't win it again this year tbh. In fact I think they are going to do the five in a row, just to make it even worse for Kerry.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 5:14 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
This team are great when they get space and can blow away teams with stylish football, but ask them to keep their heads in a closely fought game - forget it.

What has this team done apart from beating poor enough Laois and Meath teams last year? Any time we've played a decent team we've fallen short.

I think we've regressed this year and would be very worried after our lack of fight today. We're going down but I wouldn't have much confidence in us getting to a Leinster final or getting promoted next year.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 5:21 am

Where was kildare fight is second half . Mark Dempsey James Murray and eanna o Connor called into Panel
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 5:46 am

fone wrote:
Where was kildare fight is second half .  Mark Dempsey James Murray and eanna o Connor called into Panel

Jayus, they don't deserve that after the great 9 months  they are after having. Cool
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 6:08 am

Forgive me but I'm going to as the kids say "vent" also excuse the bad language that will crop up.

To put it bluntly that today was Bollocks. What do these lads actually do during the week. Seriously what the hell do they do. They were pathetic in all aspects of the game. A game they desperately needed to win.

No game plan evident as far as I could see, defending like a U12 team, backwards, sideways, sideways backwards lose possession, concede a score. Defenders 5 yards off their man all day who couldn't believe their luck.

The defensive set up is awful. They retreat back to the 45 without trying to tackle then fill the space to the D. However they don't fill in behind that so they are still leaving 1 on 1 near the goal. How many times did Mayo just work the ball up then pick out a pass finding Moran in space. It was rubbish all day.

Another thing Brophy beat them up a stick the last time we played. Today he's like a lost child playing around the middle. What's the point in that, he is being wasted something criminal there. Feely seems to have forgot that he can kick pass the ball forward. Never seen so many sideways hand passes. I might call him the crab from now on. Daniel Flynn for all his efforts kicked three attempted points that Conor Murray would have been proud of. Straight up and heading to the sideline.

I just don't get it, they are doing these drills before the game where they are running in on goal and try and score a goal. At no time does this scenario occur because they would be turning back from goal and passing sideways in the game so its pointless.

We looked unfit, uninterested, untrained and accepting of our fate.  If certain players don't want to be there just say so and let someone who cares have a go. I'd rather a lad who is not as skilled but was ready to give it their all than talented lads who think they have made it when in reality have done fuck all.

The only positive was Kevin Flynn who played really well and looked like he cared and what happened, they took him off as he was showing an actual will to win

I could write for an hour on the game today, but I'd only bore people and probably get banned. I'm sick of whole goddam lot of them.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2018 6:12 am

Rex you are only summing up the frustration we all feel - personally I now officially have a pain in the face watching this bunch. On today's evidence, they have learned nothing from defeat to Armagh last summer and Div 1 games this season. Except as K365 says, finally plugging gaps in front of Doyle which should have been done three years ago. Utterly dreadful performance.

Last edited by HauntedGraffiti on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Mayo    Kildare v Mayo  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Mayo
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next