Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Club Football Championship Round 2

Go down 
+58
Oneill
standhimup
Moorefieldbhoy
Loads of Pints
bumpercar
bloodsub
cilldara
paddymartin
losthope
townend
lomond
totalgaa
Come on the Boys in Blue
parcel
john smith
jj
Radley Park
naked-lilly
tomcruise
tpos
overthebar
steviegenius
kartman
kickingking
stanley
Adam91
realmoore
sean boylan
rgb
Bad News Baba
gaaman
topcat
kildarecat
blackandgold
Jimmy winning matches
ElGuerrouj
centreback
fargo
Square Ball
gaaweb
daracill
Fear An Geata
mrblobby
Big Full Back
Lily8
Sam1928
sillycow
Frankel
Taibi
TheBigFullForward
lastline
Onhisboot
GaaHead
Ogie
bag of white
Yellow Pearl
walsheman
White Bridge
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:36 am

You'd imagine if the draw was this weekend for the next round that there would have been something about it in the papers, on the website etc. My guess is it won't go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:58 am

fat full forward wrote:
Taibi wrote:
Why dont they just abandon the whole club sene in Kildare and go play soccer, see how Kildare would get on then!

County players are a curse on a club, I wished I played with a club that had none.

ridiculous statement, its a privelige and an honour for most clubs to have a player representing their county.

And this is the same tool that was bumming and bragging about how COnwayt should be on the senior team only 2 or 3 days ago.

What would you expect from a pig - but a grunt...
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 1:49 pm

bag of white wrote:
lastline wrote:
if we revert to 3 rnds of c/ship well then if you have lost the 1st two rounds thats pretty much it. the 3rd round will be of no significance with teams not trying in the last round and this could have a big bearing to other clubs pushing for quarter final spots. even if a team has lost 2 rounds in a 4 game format there is still a chance they can train hard for the remainder of the summer and turn it around. meath have 3 rounds played already. as for a congested fixture list this is only because of our county team. there is loads of time later in the summer for league games to be played and the clubs would be greatfull of games at a time when there might not be competetive football for weeks on end otherwise.

That argument makes absolutely no sense. Sure in a 4 game format if you've lost your 1st 3 games the exact same argument applies.

It might be a problem in the Junior but if there's 3 games in the group stage of Senior & Intermediate and you've lost your 1st 2 games you'll be trying damn hard to win the last game to avoid a relegation playoff.

missing my point. sorry if not clear. my point is play 2 rounds of c/ship early on instead of a round of league and at least clubs would be willing to play a round of league later on when they wud not have county players and there club would be looking for competetive football.
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:37 pm

Lily4Life wrote:
You'd imagine if the draw was this weekend for the next round that there would have been something about it in the papers, on the website etc. My guess is it won't go ahead.

The draw for Round 2 of the Junior, Intermediate & Senior Football Championship takes place on Kfm Sunday Sport this Sunday May 29 at 2.30.

Newbridgefan, I am a bit offended by the "hack" remark. I tend to only post here when I am "certain" of my information.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 3:10 pm

GaaHead thanks for the information and low down. But can you explain why this is not common knowledge in Kildare GAA?

Why don't the clubs and players know about this draw taking place?!
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 6:37 pm

Kildare football championship second round draw

The draw for the second round of the football championship will take place on Sunday the 29th of May at 2.30pm. The draw will be aired live on kfm radio and the website will be updated with the draw for the next round of this years Senior, Intermediate and Junior championships.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 8:41 am

That's all well and good BFB. The draw is live on KFM and everyone knows about it now.

What people don't know is that the next round will not be going ahead and that's according to County Board officers that I spoke to over the weekend.

The Kildare Juniors is another stumbling block now.
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 9:17 am

There's often talk in here of " the tail wagging the dog" etc regarding The Kildare Senior management dictating when the club championship will be played. The facts at the moment are though that the dog is barely breathing. For the last couple of months (most important months for fixture setting) we have had no Vice Chairperson who is also the Fixtures Secretary!

That means John McMahon, who was a poor Fixtures Secretary while it was his only job, is now also Chairman!!

Meanwhile who's left sucking the lemon as usual, the clubs and their gobshite run of the mill take it up the ass players & coaches.

Are they trying to drive lads out of the game?

There is a round of league games fixed for this wednesday, then no league games for three weeks!! If they dont play the round of championship on 11th/12th then it really is just a complete farce!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 9:25 am

Agree 100% Blobby.

What I see happening is that it will not be played, its played at a later date when a lot of lads have booked holidays when there was suppose to be no fixtures to take place.

Then the shit will hit the fan.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:27 am

I'd love to know the thinking behind fixing games for next wednesday evening, whats wrong with next saturday or the weekend after that?
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:16 am

Senior Championship Round 2
St. Laurences v St. Kevins
Athy v Suncroft
Leixlip v Round Towers
Naas v Allenwood
Kilcock v Maynooth
Sarsfields v Celbridge
Clane v Ballymore
Moorefield v Carbury

Intermediate Championship Round 2
Rathangan v Nurney
Sallins v Kilcullen
Straffan v Raheens
Caragh v Ballykelly
Monasterevin v Castledermot
Confey v Eadestown
Kill v Ballyteague
Johnstownbridge v Ellistown

Junior Championship Round 2
Castlemitchell v Rheban
Rathcoffey v Grangenolvan
Two Mile House v Milltown
Robertstown v Cappagh
Clogherinkoe v Ardclough

The executive will propose at the next Co. Board meeting that the Junior matches will be played on Sunday, 12th June. No dates for the Intermediate & Senior Championships.
Back to top Go down
daracill
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:31 am

the club champioship to suffer again its a joke
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:34 am

bank holiday next weekend so leaving it free. Weekend after that proposed for championship. Weekend after that no idea. Is this league break anything to do with leaving cert?

So now they're proposing that only the junior championship goes ahead.....

On the scale of 'ridiculous words' what comes below farce??
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:45 am

So are we looking at the games going ahead the weekend of the 11th or is that not very likely?
Back to top Go down
Square Ball
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:45 am

Some very interesting ties in senior and Intermediate championship, how can players be motivated when they do not know when they will be playing be tough to keep them training and not going to America know of one club in Kildare losing 7 players over next two weeks probably wont miss championship now surely chairman could given some idea when championship is likely to be played my guess August what do other people think
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:52 am

I think the proposal is that intermediate and senior to be played fri and sat 10/11 and junior to be played on sunday 12th,
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 12:12 pm

i heard this but im not sure how true it is. apparently it was easier to organise barak obama's entire visit to ireland than it is to organise the 2nd round of club c/ship games in kildare. i suppose obama doesnt have a club setup to compete with.
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 1:54 pm

Im sure one of the eminent luminaries on the official guide that inhabit cb circles will be aware of the full facts ,but (and im not 100 percent on this) ,do you not have to have a mininmum of 6 days notice of a championship fixture . in that case proposing at the next co. board meeting on the 7th would not allow them to go ahead on 10th/11th/12th.
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:06 pm

Double chevked it ,its 5 days or 120 hours , but that would be on the basis of correspondance with club secretary which would only happen on wednesday 8th(post cb meeting )anyway.
Back to top Go down
Square Ball
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:08 pm

That does make sense it is not Like the Kildare Junior team is only made up of junior players only one player from TMH Rest players from Kildare junior panel are -- R Eyres Clane; D McEvoy Celbridge, C Fitzpatrick Kilcock, O Lyons Celbridge; M Kelly TMH, M Scanlon Towers, J Doyle Ballymore; W Heffernan Nurney, P Dunne Athy; J Lambe Kilcullen, M Conway Nurney, C Kelly Moorefield; D Mulhall Athy, P Meagher Leixlip, J Gately Confey. Subs: T Moolick Leixlip for Meagher (36)..

No lads and ladies no senior or intermediate championship will be played on fri and sat 10/11.as players from these championships are on senior panel and there is no Junior club player presently on Kildare senior 26/ 30 thats why Junior championship is going ahead
Can the county board just not let clubs and players know one way or the other
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 3:10 pm

GaaHead wrote:
Lily4Life wrote:

The draw for Round 2 of the Junior, Intermediate & Senior Football Championship takes place on Kfm Sunday Sport this Sunday May 29 at 2.30.

Newbridgefan, I am a bit offended by the "hack" remark. I tend to only post here when I am "certain" of my information.....

Certain eah?! lol!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:30 pm

Newbridgefan wrote:
GaaHead wrote:
Lily4Life wrote:

Certain eah?! lol!

By hack, he means journalist... it's not an insult, and if he means it to be, he'd want to try harder!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:33 pm

It truely is a farce that Intermediate and Senior is not going ahead the weekend of the 10/11/12th of June.

What are we suppose to do for the next 3 weeks in terms of matches?

Is the county board going to arrange another farce of a tournament to keeps lads going.

One word sums it all up.

Joke.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 2:04 pm

That IS bad Fionn, seeing as dates were agreed. What's worse is the lack of transparency, the lack of communication, they absolute two fingers, as per your avatar, to the membership of Kildare GAA (that'd be the clubs). They don't care man and the only time people will listen is if as in Meath, the delegates give them a wojus kick in the hole
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 2:11 pm

i agree that this is a joke lads but who makes the rules? the county board and who is the county board made up of? the clubs themselves so its the clubs that are at fault here and its the players that suffer but they should have made it clear with there club committes that they wanted this round of champ to go ahead stop whinging and do something about it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club Football Championship Round 2
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next