Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Club Football Championship Round 2

Go down 
+58
Oneill
standhimup
Moorefieldbhoy
Loads of Pints
bumpercar
bloodsub
cilldara
paddymartin
losthope
townend
lomond
totalgaa
Come on the Boys in Blue
parcel
john smith
jj
Radley Park
naked-lilly
tomcruise
tpos
overthebar
steviegenius
kartman
kickingking
stanley
Adam91
realmoore
sean boylan
rgb
Bad News Baba
gaaman
topcat
kildarecat
blackandgold
Jimmy winning matches
ElGuerrouj
centreback
fargo
Square Ball
gaaweb
daracill
Fear An Geata
mrblobby
Big Full Back
Lily8
Sam1928
sillycow
Frankel
Taibi
TheBigFullForward
lastline
Onhisboot
GaaHead
Ogie
bag of white
Yellow Pearl
walsheman
White Bridge
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 4:44 am

One club representative stood up for his club and their interests a couple of weeks ago and he got lambasted on here, so sounds to me like there is a bit of hypocrisy on the forum!

Lads, whether ye like it or not, McGeeney is the one calling the shots here. Now I know none of ye like criticising him and I am a big fan as well, but don't go blaming this on the club reps or anyone else.... this is McGeeney's call and there is nothing that can be done about it w/o seriously pissing him off!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 4:56 am

whats new in the kildare gaa the county always wins over the club , i am losing interest in county team over way the clubs are being treated , the dates where set in march and they should go ahead in june ,where the chairman in this sitting on fence again what new there
Back to top Go down
blackandgold
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 5:32 am

Once again, a complete farce and lack of respect for every club player in kildare. its very f*cking frustrating lads. We cant organise anything with this completely two fingered approach and are expected to drop everything at the last second. Its humiliating to be a gaa club player compared to any other major sport Mad
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:15 am

Tell me this for anyone that knows?, was the decision not to go ahead with the already pre-arranged senior games( w/end 10/11/12 june) decided at a county board meeting with the club reps voting to postpone?, if so then if I hear whinging from the club reps later on in the year about how the club championship is way behind time I'll take their moanings with the proverbial pinch of salt.

They had opportunity here to stand up to the County team management and bottled it big time!.

disclaimer: I'm only surmising until somebody tells me otherwise, or not at all?.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:23 am

Kildarecat, this has not been discussed at a county board meeting yet and was only decided by the CCCC of Kildare last week, I would expect there to be major hassle over it at the next county board meeting.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:24 am

i dont think it should go ahead,unless we lose to meath!!
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:25 am

i`m not sure on that kildarecat but i would imagine alot of clubs were represented in this decision
and el that club rep stood up against a training camp going ahead not against a round of championship going ahead, last week is the time he should have been standing up likewise leixlip should have too and all the other clubs after all it is there decision not mcgeeneys ya cant blame him for wanting whats best for his team if he was a club manager i`m sure he would have been pushing for the champ to go ahead,
even if it did piss mcgeeney off i`m sure he would learn to live with it and work from there
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:34 am

Cheers for that guys, should be interesting as to what ensues in the coming days?
Back to top Go down
gaaman
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:50 am

I wouldn't mind it being postponed either.

the break in league games is not ideal though.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:56 am

centreback wrote:
i`m not sure on that kildarecat but i would imagine alot of clubs were represented in this decision
and el that club rep stood up against a training camp going ahead not against a round of championship going ahead, last week is the time he should have been standing up likewise leixlip should have too and all the other clubs after all it is there decision not mcgeeneys ya cant blame him for wanting whats best for his team if he was a club manager i`m sure he would have been pushing for the champ to go ahead,
even if it did piss mcgeeney off i`m sure he would learn to live with it and work from there

centreback, I'll admit I'm not too familiar with the inner workings of the county board, club reps and all that lark.

But let's just say I have a hunch, that whatever the Leixlip or Moorefield or any other club rep says or votes for at a county board meeting it won't matter because McGeeney does not want this to go ahead!

Again, I'm not blaming him for this, he is just trying to look after the county team and he's doing a bloody good job.

Ask yourself this, the clubs/county board voted for a round on the 10/11/12th June a couple of months ago, do you think that they have changed their minds or do you think it's more likely that they have been told/forced to change their minds from a higher force. Me thinks the latter

If I'm wrong fair enough, but it just doesn't make sense that club reps would change their minds willingly.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 8:34 am

Am I missing something here lads. When did Geezers view come into the equation. I thought the decision of the CCCC was taken purely because Kildare Juniors are playing Dublin on Wednesday, 8th June which is only a couple of days before the Championship weekend. John McMahon said on KFM yesterday that they had been inundated with phone calls from clubs, presumably the ones with players on the Kildare Junior panel.

I'm surprised that TMH have agreed to play their game on that weekend with Matt Kelly playing for the Kildare Juniors on Wednesday night but then again maybe they haven't. The proposal to play the Junior Championship on Sunday, 12th is just that; a proposal.

In any case the earliest date we'll have any idea when these matches will be played is tomorrow weeks Co. Board meeting.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:03 am

That is exactly right Fear An Geata as far as I know. The dates for the 2nd round were set by the CB and the County management (who seem to be getting a ridiculous amount of flack for something they have not created) had agreed to them on the 11th and 12th of June, all was rosy in the Garden. However, what was not thought about was the Juniors who were one win away from creating havoc with the dates. Now how in the name of God Geezer can be blamed for this is staggering. A lot of posters have obvious agendas which come to the surface when ever they smell blood and to be honest it's pitiful.
But sure don't let the truth get in the way of a good whinge.

I have enjoy reading this site over the years, but the level of crap being posted here lately is enormous. I have also noticed a lot of posters don't post anymore and the place is dying on it's feet through lack of interest. To be honest I'm not surprised having read this thread.

Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:35 am

Ye are both very naive if you think Geezer hasn't had a say in this. You say county management agreed to the fixtures on the 11/12 June. I think it's fairly well known that they were not happy about this and even though it's just rumours, this fixtures topic is one of the things the chairman left his post because of. Now you're trying to tell me it was the clubs who got these postponed!!??..... come off it!

And before you come back, I have no agenda whatsoever against McGeeney or the county management, quite the opposite actually.

Also, I'm actually not that bothered that the fixtures will be delayed a while, just pointing out that this has a lot more to do with the county management's desires than the clubs.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:45 am

What I can't figure out is this 3 week gap coming up, why in the name of God can they not just play the league matches, theres 6 or 7 league matches left?? Clubs already agreed (stupidlyI think) to do without county players for league matches.

In all fairness the All-Ireland Junior Championship isnt that important, its would be a disgrace if it were to delay clubs further.

Lets not kid ourselves here lads, McGeeney is calling the shots, nobody else!
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:14 am

McGeeney's calling the shots alright but as someone else said you can't blame him for wanting the best for his team. I don't agree with the way the clubs are being treated either but it's up the county board to put their foot down when it comes to the fixtures.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:33 pm

Some people can't see the wood for the trees. The Juniors are to play Dublin on the 8th, the Clubs were due out on the 11th and 12th. The problem lies with the scheduling of the Club dates when they knew a win for the Juniors would be a big problem. Not McGeeney's wishes as he had already agreed to run the matches on the 11th and 12th. So he was out of the equation.

Would you all be happy having your players for two days coming up to the 11th/12th. No, well then the only other solution is to pull out of the Junior championship now and play the club games. It's one or the other.

As for the anti McGeeney agendas a read of the last three posts does nothing to even hide the fact.
What about the Junior county management, not a word about them even though it's their team who had the audacity to win a match. Shame on them.

Also El Geurrouj, so what if McGeeney was unhappy with the dates, what county Manager is, he agreed to them in the end and they where going ahead. The Juniors won thus causing a fixture headache. Now you are blaming him for another teams success. Open your eyes man and think about it. Juniors out on the 8th with their Club players, Clubs out on the 11th/12th. Can you see the issue.

Taibi you are just boring now, change the record.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:56 pm

i may stand corrected on this but did mickey conway not line out and play a full 60 mins for nurney against rathcoffey the weekend before the juniors played louth on the wed. he probabaly needed the 60mins of competetive game to get back into it after such a layoff but its like (well its ok to play with your club if it suits us). dont see the difference in matt kelly for tmh playing with the juniors on wed and then with his club on the sunday. they train 5 or 6 times a week. not like there not used to it.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 8:02 pm

spartacus wrote:
Open your eyes man and think about it.

I suggest you do something similar spartacus, I'm actually getting frustrated at how naive and subjective you're being here.

You're talking about agendas against McGeeney and the sorts yet it is blatantly obvious from my posts that I have great time for the county management and the job they are doing. However unlike yourself I can see things from both sides.

Can't you just consider for one minute that McGeeney doesn't care about the clubs (a fairly plausible statement imo) and has put his foot down on this issue.

I also don't believe that he ever agreed to these fixtures on the 11/12 June which you are suggesting. If I was to hazard a guess at what happened......... the county board and club reps voted to have a round that weekend, McGeeeny then found out and went mad, Ashe resigned cos he was sick of fixtures arguments, now McGeeney has convinvced the new chairman and therefore the county board to back track on original plan. The county juniors playing mid week may have had a small part to play but I don't think it's the over riding issue here.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 8:37 pm

ElGuerrouj wrote:

I also don't believe that he ever agreed to these fixtures on the 11/12 June which you are suggesting. If I was to hazard a guess at what happened...

So you are basing your whole argument on firstly a personal view and secondly a guess. Top work there, lets stick to the facts.

ElGuerrouj wrote:

Can't you just consider for one minute that McGeeney doesn't care about the clubs (a fairly plausible statement imo) and has put his foot down on this issue.

No agenda you said, you are not hiding it very well.

Now lets get back to those facts which you have a distinct lack off. Once again, the Club dates where set for the 11th/12th, the Juniors then won and so are due to play on the Wednesday night the 8th, meaning they are in conflict with club loyalties that week.
Tell me this, when do you suggest they join up together for either team duty. Do they train with their clubs until Wednesday night then play the Junior game off the cuff or join up with the Juniors then have two days for their Club. Considering a Clubs delegates views a couple of weeks ago can't see that happening.

The County Juniors playing is not a small part of the problem, it is the full reason the games are delayed. The quicker you get that into your biased head the better for everyone reading the forum. Pull out of the Junior championship and play the Club matches is the only solution now. Do you subscribe to that.

Nothing worse than someone trying to argue when the argument is lost.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 8:51 pm

So you think McGeeney's wishes has absolutely Nothing to do with the matches being delayed!!??

You call me biased, yet I am the one saying I have no problem with the matches being delayed and have great time for McGeeney and co. In fact, I'm not even suggesting he is doing anything wrong, he is looking after his team and he has the power to get the county board to do what he wants. You are the one who can only see the argument for one side because god forbid you even suggest that McGeeney would not want the best for clubs in Kildare.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:00 pm

My opinion on the whole thing, for what is worth.

Given the track record of The Kildare County Board on every matter, ranging from implementation of rules, the issuing of League Fixures , Schedueling of Club Championship, the running of the official website, issuing of Official League Tables I think it would be fair to say that pointing the finger of blame at McGeeney in any way is nothing short of ludicrous.

If I were to hazard a guess as to what happened it would be:

1) Given the track record of the County Board I would suggest that McGeeney was never consulted by the County Board about the 2nd Round of Club championship dates(Poor Communication, where have we seen that before).

2) The then Chairman thought he was going to force the issue upon McGeeney due to pressure from delegates from "big clubs" around him.

3) McGeeney was having none of it and rightly so, surely he should have been consulted? The then Chairman resigned because he knew he was out of his depth. Couldn't handle all aspects of being in charge of Kildare GAA. Ranging from the intercounty team to implementing rules to issuing of league tables and fixtures, all an sbsolute shambles.

4) The new chairman i would imagine would like to have a good working relationship with McGeeney. I would imagine that he decided to not have the next round of fixtures because of this.
He could have forced the issue, I dont believe McGeeney would walk over it, but why force something on someone that wasn't consulted about it in the first place.

At the end of the day, McGeeney wants what best for the county team. He is the only one who will be judged on the teams performances and will fall on his own sword at the end of the day.
The Chairman Secretary will all still be there of things go tits up with the Senior team and they are out of the championship early doors, whilst people are shouting for McGeeneys head.
A lot of those people seem to be hiding in the long grass on here waiting patiently.

I blame the County Board entirely for all of this. They knew this was coming for months. Why was there not a plan in place? The chances of Wicklow beating Kildare were very slim.
There was also a good chance that The Juniors were going to beat Louth.
I believe they are happy that McGeeny takes the blame for it, it takes the heat of them and their inability to do pretty much anything.

There should have been a plan in place, if championship does not go ahead the weekend of the 10,11,12th of June here are alternative League fixtures and here are alternative championships dates.

No this didnt happen. No foresight. No planning.

On the Junior Panel, 24 man panel was named for the Louth match. Of that 24 man panel, 17 were from Senior clubs.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:18 pm

That's what Im trying to say Fionn, the original plan has been changed to please McGeeney.

I'm not saying it's his fault that the county board originally scheduled them for then or that they are now changing again, but it is his influence that is getting them to change it. You agree?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:27 pm

I dont agree with the angle your coming at El Guerrouj, but I agree with the rest in principle.

Your coming at it like its soley McGeeney's fault that Round 2 is not going ahead on the dates mentioned.

You cannot force the issue on McGeeney if there was not a proper consultation process on the whole thing. Who knows what plans McGeeney may have had for that weekend.
I've said before. The year should be planned out with McGeeney's input (or whoever is the senior intercounty manager is in future) in October/November of the previous year.

This is when the intercounty fixtures are decided upon, this is when the club fixtures should be planned and set in stone also, not releasing the League fixtures 1 week before the league starts.

Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:39 pm

Ok, I'll back track an re-phrase a bit.

It is the county board's fault that this fiasco has been created (no surprises there) but I still think it is McGeeney calling the shots on whether these games go ahead, not the clubs as suggested by other posters.

There has been several instances over the last couple of years where McGeeney has trumped what the clubs want (training camp this year, team bonding/go karting day out a few seasons ago at short notice amongst others) so I don't see why this is any different.

Like I said, I have no problems with McGeeney making these calls, he is looking after his team and doing a good job of it, but I just wish people would realise it is him making the calls.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:51 pm

Spatacus, your reading of the situation is very black and white.

To put all the blame at the door of the county junior fixture is way too simple. At least El G is seeing the shades of grey, although I don't agree with his analysis fully either.

Surely you must see that senior management don't want this second round either? They are only looking after their own interests, and rightly so.

To label everyone who says this as 'anti-McGeeney' is unfair. Fionn and El G are looking at both sides of the situation at least.

Although other posters may have clearer anti-McGeeney agendas, the fact is that a round of club fixtures were agreed and it looks like they are not going ahead.

People are entitled to be annoyed about it but it doesn't automatically make them anti McGeeney.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Football Championship Round 2   Club Football Championship Round 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club Football Championship Round 2
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next