Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath

Go down 
+52
Bigfullforward
thelads
bag of white
centreback
overthebar
MD
lomond
Lillyclane
kildaregaa365
the_skip
stanley
Loads of Pints
Jj76
Haggisgolf
Lillie2k13
Taibi
Frankel
kartman
Big Full Back
KILL BILL
TommyKeegan
rob11
cilldara
fatherted
B'side blues
BelieveToAchieve
lilysavage
Jimmy winning matches
McLovin_Ward
totalgaa
patw14
Dido
walsheman
lilywhites on tour
Athyman
flourman
TheManInTheStands
murof
jim
Ogie
the young lad
OutTheGap
LillieLad
lillyboy
kickingking
topcat
SeamusMurphy
Gaa1928
steviegenius
Westside
micky murphy
Bad News Baba
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 2:27 am

Your right Athyman, We're not like Premiership teams where money talks and hiring and firing is part of the course. A bit of stability and given time we know how and where we stand. It took Micko a long time to get us silverware after two attempts and as a result our standards and expectation rose to a point some people thing we should be winning every match we play. The benefit of Micko's success sowed the seeds for what we have now. All the 20 something's back in 98' are now the 30-40 something's with kids made to line out in a Kildare Jersey and with promising development teams to the fore, hopefully we can start to reap some success going forward.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 2:40 am

Would someone like to name the best 15 from the three games? Id like to see the best of them play a match together.

Or was anyone at all three games?

Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:18 am

some good player over the 3 matches, but how many will and can make the step up 2 intercounty football, not many i think, if we get 3-5 panel members we be lucky
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:18 am

Kartman I wholly agree we should have the best 15 from the 3 games to play more challenge matches against different counties to see if these guys have what it takes and if we get 4 or 5 players with potential then it will be a worth while excercise.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:19 am

I was at the first 2 games, couldn't make it last night.

Against Offaly I thought the team was a bit weak and struggled a bit. Conor Tiernan, Shane Bergin, David Cash, Barry Noone were probably best.

Against Laois, the team was stronger and I thought Eoin Stapleton, Brian Kinahan, Lenny Havens, Danny O'Keeffe, Hugh Mahon and Darroch Mulhall stood out.

Reports last night said that Robbie Dunne and Conor Murphy were best.
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:46 am

From reports these seem to be the players who would form a top 15 from these trial games taking into account the trial game performances, of course people will argue the cases of players, couldnt seem to find subsequent evidence to back up a second corner back. Notable absentees the four players with county experience, Fogarty, O'Neill, Fitzpatrick, Brophy. Just my opinion.

1.William Clynch (Grange)
2.Brian Kinahan (Athy)
3.Sean Campbell (Sarsfields)
5.Conor Tiernan (Sarsfields)
6.Eoin Stapleton (Monasterevin)
7.Shane Bergin (?)
8.Lenny Havens (Monasterevin)
9.David Cash (?)
10.Hughie Mahon (Athy)
11.Robbie Dunne (Clane)
12.Danny O'Keefe (Athy)
13.Darroch Mulhall (Athy)
14.Conor Murphy (Clane)
15.Barry Noone (St.Kevins)
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:13 am

andrew behan scored 3 points against laois
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:24 am

Im assuming the young lad Tyrell & other Moorfield candidates are excused?
Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:30 am

BTA,,TMITS, the moorefielf team would wipe the floor with that team, other than the lads we already know about,theres only afew of the new players that have a chance of being called back
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 5:02 am

Of course the Moorefield team would beat them don't be talking stupidly now, they're senior champions all im saying is these are the better performers of who came for trials, no one said that they would beat Moorefield wherever you came out with that
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 5:51 am

Athyman wrote:
I think Jason Ryan should be given time, I was talking to a wexford man who comes from the same club as Jason and he said to me that the players in the club hold Jason in high regard, he seems to be a good man manager he also has the  the advantage of 1 year already with Kildare, I believe a manager should get 5 year term and stick with him through thick and thin, there will be bumps on the way we must remember that we have no god given right to win anything. I do firmly beleive that we will win another leinster within the next 3 years.
Just FYI Athyman, Jason is a Waterford man, unless there is a Wexford man who is a member of the De La Salle club, in which case my apologies and a deserved kick in the hole for being a smartarse. Perhaps you mean a member of the Clongeen club Jason won the county championship with? (They lost to Moorefield in Clane in Leinster).

It was very definitely a worthwhile PR exercise and if McGeeney had pressed the flesh a bit more, presented a few more medals and attended a few more dinner dances, he'd still be manager I think. That's sad but it's politics and actually, it's human nature. Counts in every walk of life. If you're more predisposed to someone, you'll cut them more slack when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 7:07 am

I wasn't at any of the games but from what I heard Eoin Stapleton was the best of the lot. He is a very solid defender with a good head on his shoulders. He's still relatively young so there is scope for improvement.

Colin O'Shea, Darroch Mullhall, Conor Murphy and Brian Kinahan could improve the panel as well.

However, I do think this is just a PR exercise no doubt conjured up by our hapless county board.

Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 7:20 am

TheManInTheStands wrote:
Of course the Moorefield team would beat them don't be talking stupidly now, they're senior champions all im saying is are the better performers of who came for trials, no one said that they would beat Moorefield wherever you came out with that
if these teams are ment tobe the pick of the county that dont play intercounty it looks bad'
i was at the 3 games and stapelton and tiernan the best of the lot,,its forwards we need
scores win games
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 7:30 am

The young lad after conceding 2.20 and 4.16 in the two games we played against Dubs this year, we do need backs as well but we also need more athletic players particularly around the middle. Dan Flynn is a huge loss in this regard.
Back to top Go down
Lillie2k13
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 8:08 am

Hi all. I'm new to this. I was away the past two weeks so came on to see who impressed in the trials that were run off... There was a nice variety of players on show. Obviously the Moorefield players couldn't compete due to these Leinster club duties i take it? If there was only 5 lads to be brought in from the trials who would they be?
Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:01 am

topcat wrote:
The young lad after conceding 2.20 and 4.16 in the two games we played against Dubs this year, we do need backs as well but we also need more athletic players particularly around the middle. Dan Flynn is a huge loss in this regard.
if the ball is comin out of the forward line as quick as it goes into it with out scores,whos fault is that
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:06 am

Depends on numerous factors, pass could be terrible in which case that is the passer fault, if the ball is delivered in favour of the forward and he doesn't win that is his fault, in which case he must commit a foul straight away to allow the defence to realign.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:13 am

Ogie you are correct he coached the clongeen club the lads there held him in high regard, let us wait and see who Jason Ryan picks from the trials .
Back to top Go down
Haggisgolf
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:22 am

Would be surprised if he was to add any more than 4/5 from these series of games. He will be more interested in what the 21's have to offer as they seem to be excluded from this phase. Also interesting to see who he drops from the existing panel.
Back to top Go down
Jj76
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 7:18 pm

Been looking at the forum for a while now and joined. Lads rave about all these athy lads some are good but my opinion is that Hugh Mahon and Mulhall are best although I think Mulhall has a bad temper and blows very hot and cold! Stapleton from monasterevan is decent but don't think he is a good enough defender and probably too small for midfield. The trials are a good idea and these lads should be givin a chance as they could grow in a stronger team and surely we will find a few to replace some of the deadwood in the squad
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Of the names mentioned here the three i'd like to see given a chance are Stapleton, Tyrell and Mahon. The rest of the names mentioned are either no where near good enough or have failed to really impress at even junior county level. Its all well and good playing well for your club but there is a massive difference playing at county level.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 8:34 pm

Just to take up the comment about everybody raving about Athy players that is not the case I have mentioned 3 players who I think have potential to make it and stood out in the trials they also all have represented kildare at minor and under 21 level and have also got Leinster club experience, I am sure their are other club players who are good enough as well so put up their names what I do not like is people having a go at players without having the facts .
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 8:38 pm

Players like Fogarty, Dowling, Moolick, Eaton and O'Neill have got limited oppurtunities in the past. Are they worth perevering with a bit longer or do you let them go and concentrate on the present U21 players?
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Fogarty is worth having back on the panel, Dowling is still on the panel
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:15 pm

Im not so sure. We've been hearing about Fogarty & Dowling for a long time now. If they were as good as certain quarters lead us to believe, they'd have made the break through.

Time will tell under Jason Ryan. There's only do many chances a guy can get...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next