Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath

Go down 
+52
Bigfullforward
thelads
bag of white
centreback
overthebar
MD
lomond
Lillyclane
kildaregaa365
the_skip
stanley
Loads of Pints
Jj76
Haggisgolf
Lillie2k13
Taibi
Frankel
kartman
Big Full Back
KILL BILL
TommyKeegan
rob11
cilldara
fatherted
B'side blues
BelieveToAchieve
lilysavage
Jimmy winning matches
McLovin_Ward
totalgaa
patw14
Dido
walsheman
lilywhites on tour
Athyman
flourman
TheManInTheStands
murof
jim
Ogie
the young lad
OutTheGap
LillieLad
lillyboy
kickingking
topcat
SeamusMurphy
Gaa1928
steviegenius
Westside
micky murphy
Bad News Baba
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:17 pm

Any update on how the last trial game went i believe he is adding 10 at the end of the month
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:03 pm

I didnt expect him to be adding that many to the panel. I dont think there's 10 lads around the county that are inter county standard, hopefully i'm wrong
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:43 pm

What I am hearing is that around 10 will be added for the beginning of December with lads to be dropped after Christmas and another cut to take place after the O Byrne Cup, fairest way to do it in my opinion as it gives the new players a chance to prove their worth against the already established players and also vice versa the established players will have to show they are better than what has been brought in.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:56 pm

Think as has been said before there should be 10 new lads out there that are as good if not better than say the guys that currently rank Jersey Numbers 25-35 on the Current Panel and deserve a chance if even to freshen the whole lot up and let lads know they have to fight for their place on a Kildare panel and get them out of the comfort zone.
Anyhow i believe he is going to have a large panel to start at the beginning of December and will cut it after a month and then after the O'Byrne Cup. At the very least Jason Ryan seems to be putting the miles and making an effort to get the best of footballers in Kildare on his squad which to me is a million miles away from the 'token' trials the previous manager done when on occasions he didn't even have the manners to let lads who had made an effort to attend finish the games and told them to tog out and go home half way through some of the 'trial' games.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 9:07 pm

Some of your comments a bit harsh there micky......first time I heard that any players were sent home at any trial games over the last number of years, but your right with effort that the new manager seems to putting in at the minute with giving as many lads the chance to impress and stake a calm on the panel going forward....
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 9:12 pm

We've lost up to 4 of last year's panel (Roli, Seanie, Dan Flynn and possibly Sean Hurley) and Jason Ryan said that some of players might need operations so I think 10 new additions sounds about right. We won't know if they are good enough until they are given a chance.

I'd say some of the new players would be players that were involved before like Chalky(if available), Podge Fogarty and Tommy Moolick, maybe one or two Moorefield lads and whoever has impressed during the trials.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 11:33 pm

was at the laois trial im surprised no one has mentioned Michael lawless hes was excellent pulled off 4 top saves caught high ball under pressure and he has serious distance on the kick outs. darroch was easily the best player that day and has the potential to make it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 11:40 pm

what club is Lawless CB?

Darroch has talent but he is also a bit of a moron by all accounts. Seeing him kick a Moorefield player in the county semi final didnt do his chance any good. I personally think his talent is not good enough to over look some of the idiotic things he does.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 11:48 pm

centreback wrote:
was at the laois trial im surprised no one has mentioned Michael lawless hes was excellent pulled off 4 top saves caught high ball under pressure and he has serious distance on the kick outs. darroch was easily the best player that day and has the potential to make it
Agree there about Lawless CB, he looked a very good player in that game and is worth adding to the panel.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 11:52 pm

Darroch will be called in as he has been one of the standout performers during the trial games I believe, it is going to be a very big panel initially, close to 45 I think, after that it will be up to each individual whether they were part of last years panel or a new guy coming in to prove themselves worthy of their place on the final panel of 30-35.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 2:12 am

I have heard 21 players have been called in after the trials. No wonder there is talk of multiple S&C coaches we will have a panel of close to 55 for December training!!
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 2:28 am

Well at least we will have a higher number of fitter players playing in next years Aldridge Cup. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 2:43 am

topcat wrote:
Darroch will be called in as he has been one of the standout performers during the trial games I believe, it is going to be a very big panel initially, close to 45 I think, after that it will be up to each individual whether they were part of last years panel or a new guy coming in to prove themselves worthy of their place on the final panel of 30-35.
I think he'll be called in and will come up against the likes of Peter Kelly, Lyons, McGrillen in training will make no impact and will be gone off the panel by March.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 2:43 am

umpireonditch wrote:
what club is Lawless CB?

Darroch has talent but he is also a bit of a moron by all accounts. Seeing him kick a Moorefield player in the county semi final didnt do his chance any good. I personally think his talent is not good enough to over look some of the idiotic things he does.
Funny you mention that. There is an article about the five things that make the All Blacks the team they are. One of the factors is "no dickeads" allowed, stolen from the Sidney Swans. In other words it's not all about skill. Some of the best players in New Zealand have never worn the All Black jersey all because they were a "dickhead". If you don't fit in you won't get in.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 3:17 am

Baba O' Reily wrote:
umpireonditch wrote:
what club is Lawless CB?

Funny you mention that. There is an article about the five things that make the All Blacks the team they are. One of the factors is "no dickeads" allowed, stolen from the Sidney Swans. In other words it's not all about skill. Some of the best players in New Zealand have never worn the All Black jersey all because they were a "dickhead". If you don't fit in you won't get in.
I'd take that with a pinch of salt, there have been plenty of dickheads with many All Black caps. See Carlos Spencer and Marc Ellis. In New Zealand if you're good enough they will fit you in.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 4:05 am

Not really, after the 2003 World cup flop New Zealand were in a poor place. Graham Henry came in a changed the philosophy. Out went the Spencer types and a different mind set was brought in. Since 2003 the All Blacks have a win percentage of 86%. That is phenomenal in an International sport.

What year the Spencer get the bullet, yep 2004.

Here is the article.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/10427619/The-All-Blacks-guide-to-being-successful-off-the-field.html
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 6:45 am

Let us see what the future brings I think people are a bit harsh on darroch. Mick lawless was an Athy player when he was 16 then transferred out to castlemitchell, he also played under 16 for kildare and was a prolific scorer forward. He has put on a lot of weight over the last few years but as a goalkeeper he is strong great distribution, serious kick out and great shot stopper, if he has the correct attitude could make a serious option in goals
Back to top Go down
thelads
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 9:00 am

darrock when hes on his game is as good as any we have give the chap a break lets hope ryan can get it out of him
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 11:54 am

When he is on his game darroch is unplayable, he has been pretty consistent all year for us, he had shown good form this year .
Back to top Go down
Bigfullforward
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 10:55 pm

Athyman wrote:
Mick lawless was an Athy player when he was 16 then transferred out to castlemitchell, he also played under 16 for kildare and was a prolific scorer forward. He has put on a lot of weight over the last few years but as a goalkeeper he is strong great distribution, serious kick out and great shot stopper, if he has the correct attitude could make a serious option in goals
It's a problem position - kick outs are so vital in the modern game.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 2:03 am

I think its up to Darroch now if He wants to make it at the higher level, as there is no doubt the Lad has talent, and also has that accurate left boot that we rarely see coming trough in White.. Yeah He might be a bit unpredictable at times, but werent so many talented Fellas over the Years.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 8:41 pm

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but here's an interesting article in the Nationalist picking a Kildare All-Stars team for this year. I'd agree with a lot of the selections but there are always a couple of contentious ones. See what ye think...

http://www.kildare-nationalist.ie/2013/11/12/white-stars/
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:38 pm

Jaysus thats a dodgy oul line up there from the nationlist, wouldnt agree with a lot of them now
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:50 pm

I definitely wouldn't agree with some of his names put forward......hard to see A Smith or Daryl Flynn been stand out players this year with club or county, and there's probably another few on his selection that could be improved on....imo of coarse
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 10:23 pm

Very strange line up wouldn't agree with a lot of that.

Is anyone else worried about Darryl at midfield next year with the way that teams are putting runners with pace like Cian O'Sullivan, Michael Darragh McCauley and Seamus O'Shea in there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next