Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath

Go down 
+52
Bigfullforward
thelads
bag of white
centreback
overthebar
MD
lomond
Lillyclane
kildaregaa365
the_skip
stanley
Loads of Pints
Jj76
Haggisgolf
Lillie2k13
Taibi
Frankel
kartman
Big Full Back
KILL BILL
TommyKeegan
rob11
cilldara
fatherted
B'side blues
BelieveToAchieve
lilysavage
Jimmy winning matches
McLovin_Ward
totalgaa
patw14
Dido
walsheman
lilywhites on tour
Athyman
flourman
TheManInTheStands
murof
jim
Ogie
the young lad
OutTheGap
LillieLad
lillyboy
kickingking
topcat
SeamusMurphy
Gaa1928
steviegenius
Westside
micky murphy
Bad News Baba
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 11:20 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
I assume we will also need to replace Dan Flynn & Sean Hurley ?
Why Hurley? Is he off to Oz too?
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 12:11 am

I understand that Hurley is flying out to Perth in the hope of securing a contract. Nothing signed as of yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 12:14 am

steviegenius wrote:
There is definitely 3 or 4 or more players out there that are not on the panel that have not got a chance. I know for a fact last year that if a player that thought he was good enough all he had to do was ring Kieran McGeeney? surely the management went to club games and could see if there were wait a minute? any clubs games last year the Kildare panel always had a training session hopefully that will change. Smile 
Can you prove this fact Stevie. Facts are after all verifiable by their own definition.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 2:23 am

Yes I would be friendly with one of the management team. I wouldnt bother him much about things but he did say that to me Walter White
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 4:47 am

Kinihan Mulhall o keeffe and eaton are the ones that I would give a trial to ,

Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 6:07 am

From talking to someone in Athy, they have put forward 8 for trials but 2 have turned them down.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 7:26 am

Kildare lost 2-9 to 2-4 to Offaly in Hawkfield tonight. The lads took it seriously and tried hard but I couldn't honestly say anybody stood out. The standard from Kildare was poor enough to be honest.
A couple of things about the game. There were no umpires so I'm not really sure how accurate the score is. Also, a couple of times a Kildare player was down injured and there was nobody there to treat them. Somebody eventually came on with some water. I thought that was disgraceful really. I know it was only a low key trial match, but surely the least the players deserve is proper medical treatment.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 8:01 am

Were Offaly trialing lads as well or were they closer to full strength?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 8:07 am

JohnnyC wrote:
Kildare lost 2-9 to 2-4 to Offaly in Hawkfield tonight. The lads took it seriously and tried hard but I couldn't honestly say anybody stood out. The standard from Kildare was poor enough to be honest.
A couple of things about the game. There were no umpires so I'm not really sure how accurate the score is. Also, a couple of times a Kildare player was down injured and there was nobody there to treat them. Somebody eventually came on with some water. I thought that was disgraceful really. I know it was only a low key trial match, but surely the least the players deserve is proper medical treatment.
Welcome to the dawning of a new era in Kildare GAA.

Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 8:20 am

I'm not sure if Offaly were trialling players or if it was a sort of development squad but they seemed to have a bit more understanding than our lads. We played like a team that had got together just before the throw-in. Hard to expect anything else really.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 8:25 am

Who played for kildare?
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 8:30 am

What was the team lineout like lads?
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 8:32 am

Dare I say it but if McGeeney had been in charge the amateur nature of the match with no physio on hand would never happen. Once you let the level drop you won't get it back again. The result is irrelevant what worries me is that it was organised in what appears a slip shod manner. Something that was an anathema to the previous management.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 8:36 am

Baba O' Reily wrote:
Dare I say it but if McGeeney had been in charge the amateur nature of the match with no physio on hand would never happen. Once you let the level drop you won't get it back again. The result is irrelevant what worries me is that it was organised in what appears a slip shod manner. Something that was an anathema to the previous management.
but if geezer was in charge, would this game have happened?
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 8:39 am

Who knows, but you can guarantee everything would have been up to scratch for the players to give their best. It appears this was not the case tonight.
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 8:51 am

Its a start,a challenge game that's all so don't read anything from it.
More worrying for me is after going to a lot of senior championship games this year, only a few players stood out for me that are any way near the county team.
The best player on view has retired this year and that being Roly, no one near him and you can say what you like but could anyone come up with anyone better.
He lead the moores from start to finish in both the semi and the final,was my man of the Match in the final...
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 9:10 am

In fairness Dido, it is not only this year Roli has been the best club player in the county, over the last 10-12 years, Roli has been the best club footballer in the county. His size and power makes him unmarkable at club level.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 9:11 am

There were no team sheets so it was hard to identify some of the players. Podge Fogarty, Conor Tiernan and Ciaran Fitzpatrick were probably the best known players. Shane Bergin, Seamus Hanafin, Richie Scahill, Joe Kavanagh and Paddy Mahon(?) also played. No disrespect to anyone playing tonight but I thought there might be a few more "bigger names" playing but we'll wait and see how the other 2 games go.
In fairness to Jason Ryan, I'd cut him a bit of slack on the shoddy organisation. The trials were organised before his backroom team has been finalised so he doesn't have the personnel yet to delegate the various tasks to.
Back to top Go down
patw14
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 9:40 am

Johnnyc there were team sheets as I had one and everyone around me. Best players were David cash and Barry noone until both got hurt. Kavanagh and Tiernan showed patches ! Was hard for lads and will be the same again for the others as lads have not played together before
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:24 pm

Matthew Duggan
Darren Barker
Kieran Fitzpatrick
Kevin Corrigan
Conor Tiernan
Daryl O'Brien
Shane Bergin
David Cash
Emmet Ralph
Richie Scahill
Seamus Hanafin
Nicky Conlon
Paddy Mahon
Joe Kavanagh
Barry Noone

Ger McNally put that up on facebook.
Willie Clynch, Mark Donnelly, Eoin Powderly, Podge Fogarty & John McAndrew all played in the second half.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:47 pm

That's certainly a very experimental line up. Have any of those 20 players ever played for the county seniors even in the league apart from Fitzpatrick and Fogarty?
Well done to the manager for giving them all a chance and hopefully a few might come through from it. Lets not forget the last time we played Offaly we were hanging on at the end and very thankful they butchered a great goal chance late on in the game.
Its a trial game at the end of the season which gives the new manager a chance to see as many players as possible, nothing more, nothing less.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 11:38 pm

JohnnyC wrote:
There were no team sheets so it was hard to identify some of the players. Podge Fogarty, Conor Tiernan and Ciaran Fitzpatrick were probably the best known players. Shane Bergin, Seamus Hanafin, Richie Scahill, Joe Kavanagh and Paddy Mahon(?) also played. No disrespect to anyone playing tonight but I thought there might be a few more "bigger names" playing but we'll wait and see how the other 2 games go.
In fairness to Jason Ryan, I'd cut him a bit of slack on the shoddy organisation. The trials were organised before his backroom team has been finalised so he doesn't have the personnel yet to delegate the various tasks to.
Johnny, In fairness most of the Players mentioned would be well known, as most would have Played Underage County at some stage.. I wasnt at the Match tbh, but I would be familiar with these Players, and they would probably be some of those Clubs they represents better Players... One of the big draw backs of trial Matches at any level / Age Group is Lads tring to do to much (to impress), as they may believe its their only opportunity to impress... which in turn is never going to lead to a Team performance..
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 1:12 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:

Johnny, In fairness most of the Players mentioned would be well known, as most would have Played Underage County at some stage.. I wasnt at the Match tbh, but I would be familiar with these Players, and they would probably be some of those Clubs they represents better Players... One of the big draw backs of trial Matches at any level / Age Group is Lads tring to do to much (to impress), as they may believe its their only opportunity to impress... which in turn is never going to lead to a Team performance..
Seamus - I wasn't implying that the lads who played last night aren't good players or that they didn't deserve their chance. I just thought the team was very experimental and it was very hard for lads to impress. That's probably to be expected as we are playing 3 trial games and a lot of players (Moorefield and Under-21) are probably unavailable. It wasn't that the lads didn't try hard or that they were being selfish, it was just that they were on different wavelengths a lot of the time.
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 7:03 am

Anyone know who the selectors are. Surely it seems pointless to hold trials, if your selectors are not in place.
Back to top Go down
McLovin_Ward
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:56 am

What's the venue and day (+time) for the Laois match lads? Wouldn't mind getting to see atleast one of these trial games!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next