Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath

Go down 
+52
Bigfullforward
thelads
bag of white
centreback
overthebar
MD
lomond
Lillyclane
kildaregaa365
the_skip
stanley
Loads of Pints
Jj76
Haggisgolf
Lillie2k13
Taibi
Frankel
kartman
Big Full Back
KILL BILL
TommyKeegan
rob11
cilldara
fatherted
B'side blues
BelieveToAchieve
lilysavage
Jimmy winning matches
McLovin_Ward
totalgaa
patw14
Dido
walsheman
lilywhites on tour
Athyman
flourman
TheManInTheStands
murof
jim
Ogie
the young lad
OutTheGap
LillieLad
lillyboy
kickingking
topcat
SeamusMurphy
Gaa1928
steviegenius
Westside
micky murphy
Bad News Baba
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 6:08 am

Nail on head there Ballyboy. I don't think it's down to any one position. We just haven't been able to hold teams defensively, particularly if Daryl isn't in midfield. Not sure what the answer is but I'm certainly looking forward to Chalky coming back into the picture either at CB or in midfield. He was showing great signs before he went away last year.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 12:35 am

Now that Moorefield are out of leinster, who will be brought into the Kildare panel from them?
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 12:51 am

Only a guess but I would say Murnaghan, Tyrell and Kelly are the most likely.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 2:19 am

Feely has joined afc Wimbledon of division 2 on loan. He still has not had one appearance for Charlton's first team after what must be 18 months now. Two loan moves to lower division teams. There is a big hole in our midfield for next year and it has his name on it.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 3:04 am

Would be brilliant to see him back. I mean, we're in a position where we're trying to challenge Dublin's stranglehold on Leinster, and find players who can compete with MD MacAuley and the rest of them. Realistically, there's only so many talented young midfielders we can lose before it starts to take its toll.

I thought Feely was brilliant throughout Athy's Kildare and Leinster campaigns in 2011 and, my god, would be some boost if he returned.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 4:40 am

Still the best underage football talent I've seen in my 10 years in Kildare... but I presume he's still being paid and if he comes home, it wouldn't be until the summer at the earliest. I don't know when his contract is up but Charlton might be happy to tear it up like Ipswich did with Shane Supple. He might also impress and go to a club in League 1. Or he might play with a paying club here, which would rule him out of any football.. in short, if he comes home, he'd have to have a job to be able to play for Kildare, if the demands of the job didn't rule him out of playing for Kildare....

Would be some kiddie to have though
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 5:37 am

Ogie wrote:
Still the best underage football talent I've seen in my 10 years in Kildare...
Yeah I'm not sure a lot of people are aware how good he actually was... for me it would be the same as if Martin Lynch, Dermot Earley or Niall Buckley finished playing for Kildare at age 20. But - maybe! We live in hope.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 10:30 am

Kevin feely IMO better than Dermot was at that age unbelievable talent, remember he took a break from ucd to Persue a soccer career, if he ever comes back which I very much doubt, we Athy would be able to win a few more champships, this is where kildare gaa should be talking to the player and see what we can do for him, a job or sponsorship true college, I think when he signed for charley on it was for 18 months or 2 years, I know his dad but I don't like asking. He has the potential to be one of the great midfielder of the modern era .
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 10:39 am

Athyman wrote:
Kevin feely IMO better than Dermot was at that age
That's some statement to come out with. Mother of God.

I suppose Mulhall was better than Colm Cooper at that age too was he?
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 11:12 am

He's only been over there a year now so I'd guess that he has until at least the end of this season left on his contract. He made one appearance for the first team towards the end of last season and was part of the under 21 side that won their development league and cup double and he did enough to earn a late call up to the Irish under 21 side too.

It's not exactly uncommon for young lads to be loaned out to get a bit of experience at lower league clubs. David Forde (not exactly young at the time) spent two and a half years as a backup keeper and going out on short-term loan deals before breaking into the Millwall team, a few years later and he's now our number one. Paddy Madden probably would have ended up back in Ireland if he didn't bag a few goals when he went on loan to Yeovil a year ago, ended up being signed on a permanent basis and won the League One golden boot before being called up to the Ireland team.

If he did come home at some stage in the near future I'd imagine he'd have one eye on picking up where he left off with his studies in DCU. He was on the scholarship there before he left so he'd probably be eligible for that again if Bohs or another LOI club were to sign him up, if he wanted to try go pro over here then there's probably only three of four clubs that could take him on.

Taibi wrote:
Athyman wrote:
Kevin feely IMO better than Dermot was at that age
That's some statement to come out with. Mother of God.

I suppose Mulhall was better than Colm Cooper at that age too was he?
Not that it's worth much but I thought Feely was just as good as (with possibly better potential than) Stephen Ward was when he left Bohs a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 11:47 am

Dermot was scoring a goal in an All Ireland Final, being named man of the match in an All Ireland semi final (marking Darragh O Se), and winning an All Star award when he was 19. Kevin Feely had the potential to be a class act but to say he was better than Dermot at that age is off the wall.

In the unlikely event that Feely did return to play football, Kildare supporters would do well not to place ridiculous expectations on his shoulders. He has been out of the game for over two years at this stage too.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 5:47 pm

kickingking wrote:
Dermot was scoring a goal in an All Ireland Final, being named man of the match in an All Ireland semi final (marking Darragh O Se), and winning an All Star award when he was 19. Kevin Feely had the potential to be a class act but to say he was better than Dermot at that age is off the wall.

In the unlikely event that Feely did return to play football, Kildare supporters would do well not to place ridiculous expectations on his shoulders. He has been out of the game for over two years at this stage too.
Finally - some perspective!

To compare a chap to legends like Dermot, Nuxer or Lynch is just mad. It's worse when you think he never played senior football for Kildare.

Good luck to the kid at Wimbledon & indeed in England. It's time we focused on the players that we actually still have & hope that they can be coached & moulded into future stars
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 7:40 pm

Frankie Dolan said that he never saw a player like Kevin before was amazed at his ability, you are correct I should not have compared him yet to Dermot but he had the potential to be a great player who will if he comes back which is doubtful realise his potential Smile
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Athyman wrote:
Frankie Dolan said that he never saw a player like Kevin before was amazed at his ability, you are correct I should not have compared him yet to Dermot but he had the potential to be a great player who will if he comes back which is doubtful realise his potential Smile
That was Dessie Dolan.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 4:56 am

Was it not Joe Dolan (RIP) that said that Ogie....???? Wink Wink 
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:56 am

It probably was joe Dolan Smile sorry lads Freudian slip Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9