Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath

Go down 
+52
Bigfullforward
thelads
bag of white
centreback
overthebar
MD
lomond
Lillyclane
kildaregaa365
the_skip
stanley
Loads of Pints
Jj76
Haggisgolf
Lillie2k13
Taibi
Frankel
kartman
Big Full Back
KILL BILL
TommyKeegan
rob11
cilldara
fatherted
B'side blues
BelieveToAchieve
lilysavage
Jimmy winning matches
McLovin_Ward
totalgaa
patw14
Dido
walsheman
lilywhites on tour
Athyman
flourman
TheManInTheStands
murof
jim
Ogie
the young lad
OutTheGap
LillieLad
lillyboy
kickingking
topcat
SeamusMurphy
Gaa1928
steviegenius
Westside
micky murphy
Bad News Baba
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 1:05 am

v Laois tomorrow in Athy @ 7:30
v Meath Wednesday in Kilcock @ 7:30
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 6:56 am

totalgaa wrote:
Anyone know who the selectors are. Surely it seems pointless to hold trials, if your selectors are not in place.
Jason was asked by KFM after the match about his backroom team and didn't give anything away, saying he was working hard to get the right people in place etc.

He said there would be 3 totally different squads playing each of the trial games but didn't say what the next stage of the process is i.e. whether there would be more trials or if the best players in the trials would join the senior panel. He just said he wanted to look at as many players as possible.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:50 am

kildare 1-14 laois 1-9 fulltime kildare 1-9 laois 0- 2 halftime
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:55 am

mulhall o keeffe mahon kinahan (athy) stapleton monasterevan all did well
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:17 am

fone, who was no 7 for Kildare, came on in 2nd half I think? Thought he was very good. Kildare were good in the first half but lost their way somewhat in the 2nd with a lot of changes.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:22 am

They are the 4 I would have picked from Athy, hopefully they will get another go, I would think who ever impresses in the trials they will form one team and the best of them should be called up to the senior panel.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:28 am

Did anyone get the full team did any lads that played against Offaly last week play
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:53 am

murof wrote:
fone, who was no 7 for Kildare, came on in 2nd half I think? Thought he was very good. Kildare were good in the first half but lost their way somewhat in the 2nd with a lot of changes.
only got report from twitter
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:58 am

micky murphy wrote:
Did anyone get the full team did any lads that played against Offaly last week play
Mick Lawless, Colin O'Shea, Brian Kinahan, Joe Kinahan, Eddie Delahunt, Tommy O'Neill, Eoin Stapleton, Lenny Havens, Emmet Hyland, Hughie Mahon, Paddy Whelan, Danny O'Keefe, Darroch Mulhall, Stephen Lawless, Andrew Behan.

SUBS: William Clynch, Sean Campbell, Paul Kelly, Paddy O'Brien, Aidan Kennedy, Joe Maher, David Keating.
Back to top Go down
patw14
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:22 am

Lads done well tonight but faded a bit in second. Compared to 5 or 6 senior club players playing last week to 10 or 11 this think it should been mixed with players from every grade and mix north and south so same club players are not together!
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:31 am

I thought Eoin Stapleton (No.7) and Danny O'Keefe were best for Kildare and would deserve another look. Stapleton looks like a proper defender. Lenny Havens, Hugh Mahon, Darroch Mulhall and Sean Campbell also did well in patches. I thought this Kildare team was a bit stronger than the one that played against Offaly so the lads tonight had more of a platform to play well.
And it good to see the team with a proper physio tonight as would be expected.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:18 pm

I'd say Eoin Stapleton will be at least one footballer which we will get out of this process, has developed over last 2-3 years in Monasterevan into a fine footballer he has all the attributes of a County Footballer (strength/fitness/dedication/focused/humble). I would say he is very similar to Peter Kelly.
I believe he could also tog out for Laois so lets hope we don't lose this lad.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:04 pm

Agree with above assessments, I was also impressed with both Kinihans. They would be very good cover in fullbackline where Kildare are not particularly strong.
Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:08 pm

lilysavage wrote:
Agree with above assessments, I was also impressed with both Kinihans. They would be very good cover in fullbackline where Kildare are not particularly strong.
Kildare have two all stars in Foley and Kelly an all star nominee in McGrillen, one of the best man markers in Lyons and Hyland who looks a great prospect. You said Kildare are not strong in this line??
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:15 pm

'Kildare have two all stars in Foley and Kelly an all star nominee in McGrillen, one of the best man markers in Lyons and Hyland who looks a great prospect. You said Kildare are not strong in this line??'

I said they would be good cover as Kildare are not particularly strong there. By the way, none of the above are superstars as last couple of years has shown. BTW I dont think the Dublin, Cork, Tyrone fullforward lines who ate the Kildare fullbackline would say we were 'particularly' strong in comparison to the top teams.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:27 pm

I think a lot of Kildare's problems in the last couple of years came from the half back line losing their shape and not being able to track the runners. The full back line can only do so much when they don't have much cover.

The thing I liked about Eoin Stapleton last night was his attitude and willingness to track back to get a tackle in when we had lost the ball. I think the last few years we picked half backs who were more comfortable attacking than defending whereas I think a defenders first job should be to defend. Like I said earlier, I hope Stapleton gets another chance because he looks like a proper defender.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:53 pm

Stapleton and o keeffe are definitely worth another look
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:58 pm

Westside wrote:
lilysavage wrote:
Kildare have two all stars in Foley and Kelly an all star nominee in McGrillen, one of the best man markers in Lyons and Hyland who looks a great prospect. You said Kildare are not strong in this line??
Its a few years now since those awards. Both players have struggled for form since. Peter Kelly has showed a return to form this season but I would think Jason Ryan will be looking to beef up competition accross the back lines.

Good to see the trials are giving lads a window of oppertunity. Hopefully the process will unearth a couple of players. Should also keep the worm tongued delegates satisfied - for a couple of weeks at least......

How long before the papers start recieving letters of complaint about Jason Ryan's training methods a la Liam Buckley lol! 
Back to top Go down
B'side blues
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 10:00 pm

In fairness Stapleton has been flying for a few years now surprised he hasnt been looked at before now. Not even with the Juniors!! If we can get 2-3 players from these trials I think they would be well worthwhile
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 11:04 pm

Theres no reason why we cant bring New Players trough, and lets not BE afraid to drop the Ones that are clearly not up to it, and hanging on to the County Panel for a while now.. Sometimes it can be harder to get on the Panel than get off it.. Give the Geezer His due, He brought trough New Players Last Term in, Kelly, Brophy, Dan & Hylo.. Now hopefully that trend can continue.
Good to see Young Stapleton & O Keefe doing well.. One thing about Stapleton, yes He has all those atributes mentioned by micky, but most of His best Football was as a Sweeper.. I hope He can adapt to the orthodox role.
Back to top Go down
B'side blues
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 12:14 am

He has played centre back and played very well there too. I cant understand people complaining about these trials. damned if ye do and damned if ye dont i think
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 12:46 am

Agree with you Seamus, think that the 1st 20-23 on the panel are there but there are a few after that who are just 'cling-ons' and hopefully Jason Ryan will aim to refresh the lot which will mean that guys will see it is not a 'comfortable' place to be and you have to justify being on the panel.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 12:54 am

what Eoin Stapleton age
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 2:34 am

Think he was with u21s in the last year or so, still pretty young but a decent footballer. Well worth a call up
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 2:53 am

fone wrote:
what  Eoin Stapleton age
He's 23
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath   Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trials: Offaly, Laois, Meath
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next