Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Donegal

Go down 
+45
Ohtoohtobe
Gaa1928
LillieLad
lilysavage
murof
steviegenius
lillyboy
Cilldara_2000
Snowwhite
Rex
Blackadder
tomoneillandhissisteranne
intheback
Highball
kelf
Kildare-Tom
flourman
White Bridge
TommyKeegan
Badger85
Stonecold
lilywhites on tour
white boy
Shergar
Liffey Likes
micky murphy
Cassanata
Flamingo
Onechance
jj
kevhog88
KILL BILL
if_in_doubt
topcat
Lanemusic
bloodsub
hawker
lomond
parcel
maccie
jimmers
Carburyhill
OutTheGap
lilly-exile
Curraghplains
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 9:40 pm

In fairness those 4 players just need a break after all the football they played during the league
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 9:47 pm

Jesus how long is county board going to tolerate this shit-show?! We’re becoming more of a laughing stock with each passing day. Get your act together, show some steel & replace O’Neill now. The situation has disintegrated completely.

I’m so angry over how this season has gone. We’ve seen the impact a new manager can have with Solksjaer and Mick McCarthy. Time to act.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 10:21 pm

That is bad if its true something has to be done....
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 10:29 pm

Its not good but players who aren't getting 'game time' tend to leave now that the club scene is back up and running as opposed to playing training games and friendlies for the next 3 months or so without a realistic hopes of playing championship.

If you have 30 odd players on the panel now and the suggestion that a few more are 'returning' its hard to stick with it if your not getting on the pitch and your club colleagues are back in action.

I also believe another player walked away a few weeks ago but has since returned and actually played in the last 2 games.
Back to top Go down
Onechance
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 10:37 pm

Nash is gone a few weeks at this stage.

Tyrell will go too mark my words.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 10:37 pm

Rex wrote:
If that's the case then changes need to be made for the good of Kildare football asap. That many walk outs speak volumes. We are getting into serious trouble here.

Not a good sign at all.. something has to give.
Is EOF still around ?
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 1:47 am

Onechance wrote:
Nash is gone a few weeks at this stage.

Tyrell will go too mark my words.

Tyrell was gone a few weeks back, and was coaxed back by all accounts.
Must have had revolving gates installed at Hawkfield for all the comings and goings.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 1:55 am

Tyrell walked and came back?!

League campaign an absolute disaster, but have to admit the off-field shenanigans are compensating in the entertainment stakes currently.
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 2:08 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Tyrell walked and came back?!

League campaign an absolute disaster, but have to admit the off-field shenanigans are compensating in the entertainment stakes currently.
Surprised you didn't know that being such a great Moorefield man HG!
All these shenanigans keeps you busy though... you must be in your element!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 2:16 am

Certainly hadn't heard that about Tyrell... Feck all on the field to entertain us so far this year, so need something to keep us going!!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 12:23 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Certainly hadn't heard that about Tyrell... Feck all on the field to entertain us so far this year, so need something to keep us going!!

Maybe it's time for some tennis ball's.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 6:24 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

Maybe it's time for some tennis ball's.

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 9:00 pm

steviegenius wrote:
Anyone listening to KFM this morning ive heard it was full on also I heard that there was a row in camp after the game yesterday is this true? Its not going well and the way it looks from the outside I cant see it getting any better.

You'd be delighted to hear there was a row - you have to get the poison out and at least it shows they care. If they just walked away and said see ye next week, that would be much more shocking to me.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 10:45 pm

Same players pick every week same mistakes every game same crap talk after games time for a change and the time is now. We are going nowhere fast the more i think about it I still cant believe Carlow beat us last year Shocked
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 10:51 pm

As Ogie said no harm a few harsh words or even a few digs at training. ALL the top teams have that edge ALL the time.
The worst thing that could happen would be if they all moped off without letting rip and then that low energy gets carried into the summer.
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 11:33 pm

steviegenius wrote:
Same players pick every week same mistakes every game same crap talk after games time for a change and the time is now. We are going nowhere fast the more i think about it I still cant believe Carlow beat us last year Shocked
Get over it!
It is like Groundhog Day coming on here and listening to the same lads bleating on about the same things.
Back to top Go down
Cassanata
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 1:52 am

Snowwhite wrote:

It is like Groundhog Day coming on here and listening to the same lads bleating on about the same things.  

Just like the team's performance I guess, same s*** different day. I think people have every right to complain about performances in the league and there is no way you can just flick a switch and turn it on for championship. Just doesn't happen anymore.
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 1:59 am

Cassanata wrote:
Snowwhite wrote:

Just like the team's performance I guess, same s*** different day. I think people have every right to complain about performances in the league and there is no way you can just flick a switch and turn it on for championship. Just doesn't happen anymore.

I agree Cassanata however do we have to revert to Carlow every time? Repeating the same crap constantly is simply tiring....
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 2:13 am

Just curious Snowwhite, do you think we would beat Carlow if we were to meet them again? Based on the awful performance against a similar defensive team in Fermanagh I wouldn't be overly confident myself.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 2:33 am

''Get over it!
It is like Groundhog Day coming on here and listening to the same lads bleating on about the same things''

Agreed, would suck the life out of ya..
And we would beat Carlow. We are a division 2 team, they are division 4. The players wouldn't be humiliated a 2nd time.
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 3:07 am

murof wrote:
Just curious Snowwhite, do you think we would beat Carlow if we were to meet them again? Based on the awful performance against a similar defensive team in Fermanagh I wouldn't be overly confident myself.
Absolutely Murof!
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2019 5:54 am

It’s only Groundhog Day here, because it’s Groundhog Day on the pitch. If people are complaining about the same issues, it’s because the issues haven’t been rectified.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 3:21 am

I remember coming on here last year before the Carlow game and saying that it won't be as easy as people are making out and in a lot of cases in Championship Football the hungrier team with a bigger work ethic and a plan that they believe to and stick to will win Championship games...... and it happened and whos to say it wont happen again problems happen when teams and players become complacent......
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 5:07 pm

Every effort should be made to get Daniel Flynn back, mountains moved if necessary. The supports club of old with Michael Osbourne were very instrumental in placing players in jobs, this should be one of the main aims of Club Kildare to provide support and quality employment for intercounty players. If Daniel Flynn returns it will be the only positive these past few weeks and would be a massive boost, this guy has the ability to light up the play and transform games and hopefully the season, notwithstanding other issues need to be sorted too.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 5:37 pm

I normally try and refrain from the "sack the manager" theme although it was tempting to look for a head on a plate. I often feel constantly changing manager is just hiding other issues but management and players need to be held accountable. I suggest at the end of a truly terrible league that a review is needed. This should be done in a calm and non threatening environment, there are some very clever and articulate mediators in Kildare, ideally I would like to see the county board appoint such a person and invite representatives from 3 parties, players, management and county board to make their views known, no holding back. Everyone can then express their views e.g. the style of play doesn't suit it doesn't allow us express ourselves etc, At the end of this process there is either agreement that certain (or all parties) need to improve certain items and everyone buys 100% to join in together and give it everything or alternatively if no agreement there is a parting of ways, simple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Donegal
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next