Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Donegal

Go down 
+45
Ohtoohtobe
Gaa1928
LillieLad
lilysavage
murof
steviegenius
lillyboy
Cilldara_2000
Snowwhite
Rex
Blackadder
tomoneillandhissisteranne
intheback
Highball
kelf
Kildare-Tom
flourman
White Bridge
TommyKeegan
Badger85
Stonecold
lilywhites on tour
white boy
Shergar
Liffey Likes
micky murphy
Cassanata
Flamingo
Onechance
jj
kevhog88
KILL BILL
if_in_doubt
topcat
Lanemusic
bloodsub
hawker
lomond
parcel
maccie
jimmers
Carburyhill
OutTheGap
lilly-exile
Curraghplains
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 8:48 pm

As far as I know Moorefield are going away after the 1st round of the Kildare championship, it is the only week that is free from club football.

Most of the panel/back room staff have be going virtually non stop since January 2017 so I feel that they have earned their break.

The Kildare panel have been away over the last number of years, not sure about this year yet, so its nothing unusual about this.

I don't think that there is any great conspiracy to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 9:19 pm

Not sure what the problem is – the entire team didn't turn up for Fermanagh and Donegal games.

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 10:56 pm

On the management front, hearing Cake Curran is being sounded out to take over as interim manager this summer. I say give it a go.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 12:40 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
On the management front, hearing Cake Curran is being sounded out to take over as interim manager this summer. I say give it a go.

That would have been a good one for last Monday HG..........4th April a bit late for the jokes!
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 12:41 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:

lol! lol! - were you told this 2 days ago, perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 4:58 am

I thought I heard a funny sounding clang earlier on. Turns out it was the penny dropping for HG.
Back to top Go down
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 5:00 am

Snowwhite wrote:
Highball wrote:
Can anyone shed any light on the Moorefield situation or is there one...

Hearing numerous reports in the past few weeks including

- Murray and Masterson gone from panel
- Tyrell gone and had to be coaxed back
- Moorefield team holiday booked the week before the first round county game v Wicklow.

It certainly doesn't scream "unison" between club and county manager who is one of their own.

I know this is a public forum and ppl in the know might not want to comment but is there some power play or other row going on.

Lads walking off the panel mid campaign is never a good thing , especially guys who HAVE seen league time this spring.

No idea about the players, I suppose if they don't want to play you cannot make them.... V disappointing all the same.
Think it is a bad reflection on Moorefield though, short memories and all that.... Anyone involved in Moorefield knows that CON was a loyal clubman, doubt he will be now... Maybe they have an ulterior motive, who knows???
Don't have the inside story...

In fairness to Moorefield the are on go for nearly 2years so deserve a holiday which I presume the fight night run by plauers was the main fundraiser for it. There's no big deal about it. Cian was at moores/Sash game on Sunday. And I hear Moore's gave sash a good beating.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 11:57 am

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cian stabbed in the back by his own club ??or will Moorefield tell lads selected for County to man up...
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 6:20 pm

These lads weren't exactly getting much game time in all honesty. I'm sure the Kildare management team respect their decision.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 6:38 pm

Exactly. Some people are hysterical over this but it’s not like they’re key players. If they’re not resilient enough for inter county football, or it doesn’t suit their lifestyle, or whatever the reason, so be it. It’s not something that suits everyone and I just don’t see what the big deal is, the two players in question have achieved the sum total of f*** all in a Kildare senior jersey.
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 8:22 pm

kelf wrote:
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cian stabbed in the back by his own club ??or will Moorefield tell lads selected for County to man up...
Don't think so.... It is clearly in their interest that the lads concentrate on Moorefield winning 3 in a row, Moorefield don't care about the senior county team....
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 8:48 pm

It would be a pity if Moorefield have that attitude. We don't want to end up like Laois where a dominant club have little interest in the county team.
This would also give Moorefield a big advantage as they could have a settled team ready for the championship and easily dispose of the likes of Celbridge, Athy and JTB who probably supply half the county team between them.
Obviously nothing wrong with players opting out but Moorefield have players who could make a difference to the county team. Some of the manager's selections have helped them decide otherwise sadly.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 9:07 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:

Has he asked you in as a selector?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 9:41 pm

Speaking as Moorefield supporter, not surprised – those lads have a winning mentality and this current Kildare set-up is going nowhere (not Newbridge).

Maybe the rest of the squad will take also take a stand a la Mayo 2015 and we can finally move on... Yeah thought not.

Biggest threat to three-in-a-row is Sarsfields under Davy Bourke – hopefully next Kildare manager.

Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 9:58 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Speaking as Moorefield supporter, not surprised – those lads have a winning mentality and this current Kildare set-up is going nowhere (not Newbridge).

Maybe the rest of the squad will take also take a stand a la Mayo 2015 and we can finally move on... Yeah thought not.

Biggest threat to three-in-a-row is Sarsfields under Davy Bourke – hopefully next Kildare manager.

So as a Moorefield supporter, you don't support the current county manager, also a Moorefield man? Or even the county team as it is going nowhere, from what you said? Those lads have a winning mentality? With whom, only Moorefield? Your loyalty is somewhat twisted...
Hope it doesn't come back and bit them on the ass!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2019 10:08 pm

Yeah, very nuanced reaction there... Calm down! Once Kildare are out this summer, normal service will be resumed.

Shame it takes that when everyone can see how county set-up has totally disintegrated, but such is the GAA.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 12:35 am

Let's be clear here, Adam Tyrell and Mark Dempsey are still on the Kildare panel. The 2 lads that have stepped away haven't got much game time in the league and would most probably have got less time in the championship.

How many people have come onto this forum over the last few weeks crying out for the return of lads who have 'taken a break', who positions do you think these lads are going the take, we can't have it every way.

They are also other things to be taken into consideration like work arrangements', new jobs etc which are also a factor I have been told on very good authority.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 2:14 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
Let's be clear here, Adam Tyrell and Mark Dempsey are still on the Kildare panel.   The 2 lads that have stepped away haven't got much game time in the league and would most probably have got  less time in the championship.

How many people have come onto this forum over the last few weeks crying out for the return of lads who have 'taken a break',  who positions do you think these lads are going the take, we can't have it every way.

They are also other things to be taken into consideration like work arrangements', new jobs  etc which are also a factor I have been told on very good authority.

My only gripe about this (and nothing against these lads in particular) is that do we breed players who just walk away when the going gets touch.

In terms of Aaron he has had plenty of minutes this league campaign. Given its his very first year with the seniors, I would have hoped he would have stuck it out for the championship season.

With regards James, again I would have had him on the fringes. Certainly not at the back of the pack. A man that would have been within the first 5 subs if not starting.

Again, I don't mean this to sound like its a personal attack but it feels like Kildare have so many players over the years that don't knuckle down, fight for places and play for the good of the panel -

Tommy Moolick can now take his foot off the pedal (again no offence to Tommy) because his biggest rival for the midfield slot has walked.

It just frustrates me at times that we don't have our best 20-25 lads fighting tooth and nail come championship time - A v B panel games at this time of the year should be ferocious and it just galls me that we don't have Murray, Masterson, Flynn, Kelly (probably missing one or two more) who I would easily have in the top 20-25....

It just puts us on the back foot.

I know this is an online forum and I don't know any of the lads personally and its not meant as a personal attack but it just feels as a supporter that its another reason why we are deemed a soft touch when there isn't a togetherness on the panel.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 2:33 am

Highball, I know where you're coming from but the current set-up has reached the end of the road.

I go back to the Mayo 2015 example where the squad were unhappy with Holmes & Connelly – there's that kind of malaise at the minute.

And unfortunately, the county board are happy with that so we have to all waste our time pretending we can make some kind of impact this summer.

It's ridiculous and I totally disagree with it but O'Neill is free to continue even as results deteriorate and players depart.

Again I ask - in what other sport or walk of life would this situation be tolerated except the GAA. We are the hardcore on here and we all spend good money following Kildare teams up and down the country. I find it galling our voices don't count – even when we all weighed in for Newbridge Or Nowhere last year – but that's where we are.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 2:36 am

Incidentally, I know there are supporters on here who think the team aren't capable of much better whatever the circumstances. Fair enough.

I definitely believe there was far more in this squad than shown during league. And for people who say new manager doesn't make difference just look at examples of Solskjaer, Mick McCarthy, Jim McGuinness etc etc.

I mean, let's at least find out – what have we to lose this summer...

It UTTERLY sickens me that have the most exciting football championship in ages on the horizon and we're not even in the conversation.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 2:39 am

And its a real pity as I have seen the young lad spend most of his underage career with the Kildare setup and do you know what ?

The managers were great and he really enjoyed it.

The conditions should be there that lads never walk away.
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 10:57 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote: "We are the hardcore on here and we all spend good money following Kildare teams up and down the country. "
Forgive me if I'm wrong but did you not tell us a few weeks ago you weren't going to any more Kildare matches? bounce
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 11:58 am

You're a harsh Man tomo.
Back to top Go down
Blackadder
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 6:32 am

Obvious Cian O’Neill needs to go. He’s spent 4 years working with players who have proper underage pedigree and he’s squandered it. The fact that the team is not fit enough is the most damning fact. We need a cult of personality type, like Geezer or Micko back. Get everyone pulling in the same direction and make sure we have as many players available as possible. Out of the current crop, if we had the best 30 players in the county showing the levels of commitment from the geezer years we would be a serious force in the championship. I’d get geezer back in a heartbeat unless Jim McG was available. He’d work with Davy Burke too. There is as much talent in the county as there is in mayo, donegal, tyrone... at least. This is a better group of players in terms of potential than any kildare team since the micko days, they should be achieving more. I’d sack O’Neill now. Davy Burke till the end of the year and Geezer/Davy Burke thereafter. I’d rather burn out as geezer’s teams did so often did (on their shields) than fade away.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 8:16 am

So Davy Burke would just say goodbye to Sarsfields,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Donegal
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next