Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Donegal

Go down 
+45
Ohtoohtobe
Gaa1928
LillieLad
lilysavage
murof
steviegenius
lillyboy
Cilldara_2000
Snowwhite
Rex
Blackadder
tomoneillandhissisteranne
intheback
Highball
kelf
Kildare-Tom
flourman
White Bridge
TommyKeegan
Badger85
Stonecold
lilywhites on tour
white boy
Shergar
Liffey Likes
micky murphy
Cassanata
Flamingo
Onechance
jj
kevhog88
KILL BILL
if_in_doubt
topcat
Lanemusic
bloodsub
hawker
lomond
parcel
maccie
jimmers
Carburyhill
OutTheGap
lilly-exile
Curraghplains
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 11:46 pm

Anyone listening to KFM this morning ive heard it was full on also I heard that there was a row in camp after the game yesterday is this true? Its not going well and the way it looks from the outside I cant see it getting any better.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 12:20 am

Rows, players leaving the panel and coming back in, betting on opposing teams {just some of the rumours in the last 2 years} - the whole setup is a shambles and septic to the core.
The players are not blameless in this, but the buck has to stop with the manager.

This guy has gotten away with overseeing the team go a full year without winning a competitive game, culminating in a defeat to fucking Carlow in the championship. In 3 of the 7 league games this year has watched his team score 1 point in each of 3 halves of football. His instructions (from a good source) to Adam Tyrell (a lad that can actually take a point) when coming on against Meath to replace our Full Forward was "I don't want you near the FF line, I want you to defend".

There is no discipline in the team, they can't defend, they can't tackle, they look utterly clueless, lack courage on the ball - rotten to the core.

Back to top Go down
Cassanata
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 1:09 am

Haven't posted on here in a bit. I've being at all the games this year apart from the Fermanagh one thankfully.

There have being so many players this year who game after game just haven't shown up. I hate to name players but for example Paddy Brophy has the talent and ability to be fantastic but by his own high standards is having a poor year. I wonder at any stage has CON told him that you need to put in at training to earn your place back on the team or if you don't perform this week don't expect to start next week.

He is by no means the only one, CON could have had a good few of those conversations. Also the stupid passing and amount of turnovers gets on my nerves and has not changed in 3 years. Players should be told if you can't pass the ball 5 yards with a simple handpass don't expect to be starting next week.

From the outside CON looks like he has no ruthless streak and incapable of making the hard decisions. We have talent coming through and if the culture of this team isn't fixed now they are going to fall into the same trap.

The worst thing about it is that you could probably pick 13 out of the 15 starters for championship now. These are the same players who have failed in the league. Why would the bother performing if they know they are going to play anyway. If CON does stay he needs to grow a pair and make harder decisions rather than trying to make friends.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 2:16 am

According to the league this year we are the 12th best team in the country. The 3 teams above us ( i.e. 9th, 10th and 11th all beat us in the league, we draw with Armagh who finished closest to us and we beat the teams who in theory are placed at 14th, 15th and 16th.

Why do people except us to be in a better position, on what consistent grounds.

We haven't won a senior Leinster title since 2000.

We have a very competitive club scene that unfortunately does not translate onto our county team, Moorefield winning the Leinster Club championship in 2017 without having a player on the county team proves that.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 2:28 am

heres one for you all star if st lomans were not showboating in last five mins of that game moorefield would not have won , having said that they did what kildare dont do fight it out to bitter end
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 2:53 am

Bolton on off the ball on Saturday didnt hold back and Im sure he would of being talking to a few of the lads he wouldnt say what he said if he didnt know something was wrong with the set up. As one lad said Carlow beat us last year and that was it for me I keep an eye for the scores but couldnt care less until a change is made.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 3:10 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
According to the league this year we are the 12th best team in the country.   The 3 teams above us ( i.e. 9th, 10th and 11th all beat us in the league, we draw with Armagh who finished closest to us and we beat the teams who in theory are placed at 14th, 15th and 16th.

Why do people except us to be in a better position, on what consistent grounds.

We haven't won a senior Leinster title since 2000.

We have a very competitive club scene that unfortunately does not translate onto our county team, Moorefield winning the Leinster Club championship in 2017 without having a player on the county team proves that.    

... because we have had unprecedented success at minor (several Leinster titles since 2010) and an U20 All Ireland.
You think because we have had no success since 2000 that we are not entitled to think that underage success should bring about improvement at senior level?

No county that has ever been successful at senior level, without success at underage level ..

With proper management and structures in place these guys, who were head and shoulders above Dublin, at underage level should at least be competing with them 7/8 years later when they are now 25/26/27 ..
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 4:58 am

I may be wrong on this feel free to correct me if I am but in our last 2 away games against Meath and Donegal we have gone 70 minutes without scoring from play and only scoring 2 points in total, admittedly against a strong breeze but that must be some sort of record!!
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 5:36 am

3 ways out of this Mess. 1 C.O.N to step down. 2 our C.B to get shot of him like Offaly done last year. 3 a players strike which would be my least favourite. The first 1 would be the Best for all in kildare Gaa,and get someone like N.Carew to take over till end of summer. There no other way out of this. If notting changes I don't know how this end up
Will we have half of the panel leaving.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 5:39 am

white boy wrote:
3 ways out of this Mess. 1 C.O.N to  step down. 2 our C.B to get shot of him like Offaly done last year. 3 a players strike which would be my least favourite.  The first 1 would be the Best for all in kildare Gaa,and get someone  like N.Carew  to take over till end of  summer. There no other way out of this. If notting changes  I don't know how this end up

You can forget #1 a fella with an ego that big will have no intention of walking away - sure none of this mess has anything to do with him
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 6:52 am

steviegenius wrote:
Anyone listening to KFM this morning ive heard it was full on also I heard that there was a row in camp after the game yesterday is this true? Its not going well and the way it looks from the outside I cant see it getting any better.

Didn't hear it but that's very worrying.

I agree with an earlier observation that CON went full Jason Ryan in his interview. And as everyone knows you never go full Jason Ryan. It think he said at one point that we started the second half brightly. Now if scoring one point before then getting reduced to 13 while Donegal toyed with us is starting brightly then it's time to give up.

The only thing thst can save the year is a change, its tough but thsts football. But it's the GAA and it will instead be a death by a thousand cuts as nothing will happen.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 6:57 am

Topcat, you could have added in the one point from play against Fermanagh as well. Bad enough losing to our 3 promotion rivals but playing so poorly is unacceptable surely.
Wicklow must be starting to believe they have a real chance. Hope the game isn't in Aughrim!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 7:36 am

I’m honestly just totally sickened by this league campaign. Meath - who we have spent the past decade inflicting serial humiliations on at underage - are heading to Div 1 at a time when Dubs look more vulnerable than they have in years.

As Emmet Bolton all but said, if this team had the f*****g steel of a Mayo, a Tyrone or our 97-2000 team, they’d be heading into this summer looking to ruthlessly take them out. Instead, like Carlow last year (now back in Div 4 if anyone’s keeping score), we curled up in a ball on the field yesterday & tried to hide.

The one thing I miss most from Geezer & Micko eras is a team who consistently, when the chips were down, played like they had a pair. You look at the insane passion the Mayo squad have and - for all their faults - I’d give anything to be following a team like that.

If I was in a charge of Kildare county board, I would remove O’Neill & appoint an interim management team of Glen Ryan, Anthony Rainbow & Dermot Earley with a view to getting Davy Burke next year.

If you disagree, don’t worry - it’s not going to happen anyway. And I can also give you the script for next few months. If we do make it to Dubs (not a given) expect the sort of double digit humiliation we thought we’d left behind.

After that it’ll either be (A) qualifier exit or (B) at best, a series of meaningless moral victories in the Super 8s.

I do feel that, even allowing for injuries & departures this season, we should be heading to Div 1. The situation as it stands is truly pathetic & gutless. What a waste of a summer.

And that’s my honest assessment of where we’re at.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 9:06 am

Anyone hear of any players coming back into the fold that left to go abroad? I heard a rumour, hope its true...
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 9:17 am

flourman wrote:
... because we have had unprecedented success at minor (several Leinster titles since 2010) and an U20 All Ireland.
You think because we have had no success since 2000 that we are not entitled to think that underage success should bring about improvement at senior level?

No county that has ever been successful at senior level, without success at underage level ..

With proper management and structures in place these guys, who were head and shoulders above Dublin, at underage level should at least be competing with them 7/8 years later when they are now 25/26/27 ..    

Perhaps my memory is shot but the only underage team I remember being head and shoulders above Dublin was last year's U20s.

And if you look at the Leinster and All Ireland roll of honour for this decade, Dublin have won four Leinster minor championships, we have three, Dublin have one minor AI, we have none, Dublin have six U21/U20s Leinsters, we have two, Dublin have four U21 AIs, we have one U20.  How does this make us head and shoulders above Dublin?

white boy wrote:
3 ways out of this Mess. 1 C.O.N to  step down. 2 our C.B to get shot of him like Offaly done last year. 3 a players strike which would be my least favourite.  The first 1 would be the Best for all in kildare Gaa,and get someone  like N.Carew  to take over till end of  summer. There no other way out of this. If notting changes  I don't know how this end up

I'd say it'd be a cold day in hell before this current lot would grow the balls necessary to go on strike.

I still think the manager should go on the basis that it's not working for him and we need someone else to try and lift these lads. And as part of that, perhaps some of the current tight top merchants who have continuously flattered to deceive since minor level need to be shuffled out of the pack before they contaminate the young lads with their loser mentality.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 9:22 am

Unless God almighty himself, returns from abroad and togs out at full forward, I don’t see anyone else improving this lot. Maybe he could get John the Baptist to tog our centre back? It’d certainly be an apperation to see a white jersey lurking around that area of the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 9:31 am

LillieLad, heard the same rumour. I don’t dare believe it’s true.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 9:36 am

Badger85 wrote:
Unless God almighty himself, returns from abroad and togs out at full forward, I don’t see anyone else improving this lot. Maybe he could get John the Baptist to tog our centre back? It’d certainly be an apperation to see a white jersey lurking around that area of the pitch.

Hope Johny Doyle comes back myself.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 9:41 am

If they have any sense they’ll stay where they are for rest of year.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 9:54 am

Arrived back yesterday by all accounts
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 10:04 am

Fingers crossed, be a badly needed boost.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 6:36 pm

Until they head away again at the drop of a hat.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 7:20 pm

hawker wrote:
Until they head away again at the drop of a hat.

.. this
Back to top Go down
Onechance
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 8:16 pm

Did this flight arrive back from NYC?
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 8:27 pm

Some of these players 'coming back' didn't exactly set the world alight over the last few years and I sure that they won't be as fit as required, although they have 7 weeks I suppose.

Will there be an uproar if these lads play and the u/20's continue to remain on the bench.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Donegal
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next