Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Donegal

Go down 
+45
Ohtoohtobe
Gaa1928
LillieLad
lilysavage
murof
steviegenius
lillyboy
Cilldara_2000
Snowwhite
Rex
Blackadder
tomoneillandhissisteranne
intheback
Highball
kelf
Kildare-Tom
flourman
White Bridge
TommyKeegan
Badger85
Stonecold
lilywhites on tour
white boy
Shergar
Liffey Likes
micky murphy
Cassanata
Flamingo
Onechance
jj
kevhog88
KILL BILL
if_in_doubt
topcat
Lanemusic
bloodsub
hawker
lomond
parcel
maccie
jimmers
Carburyhill
OutTheGap
lilly-exile
Curraghplains
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 7:42 am

Sir Gazelle wrote:
I normally try and refrain from the "sack the manager" theme although it was tempting to look for a head on a plate. I often feel constantly changing manager is just hiding other issues but management and players need to be held accountable. I suggest at the end of a truly terrible league that a review is needed. This should be done in a calm and non threatening environment, there are some very clever and articulate mediators in Kildare, ideally I would like to see the county board appoint such a person and invite representatives from 3 parties, players, management and county board to make their views known, no holding back. Everyone can then express their views e.g. the style of play doesn't suit it doesn't allow us express ourselves etc,  At the end of this process there is either agreement that certain (or all parties) need to improve certain items and everyone buys 100% to join in together and give it everything or alternatively if no agreement there is a parting of ways, simple.
Completely agree!!! That makes sense...
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 9:19 pm

Having watched the Div 2 final today, I wouldn't count on Meath and Donegal coming back down next year.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2019 9:59 pm

If we blew an 8 point lead like that the local and national reaction would be a lot harsher than it seems to be on Meath.
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 8:19 am

If we could get an 8 point lead Very Happy
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 11:37 am

It just shows the type of, 1 sh...te football we have be playing all the league, looking at that Final yesterday. When is someone in kildare C.B going to stand up and, say enough is enough.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 11:38 am

It just shows the type of, 1 sh...te football we have be playing all the league, looking at that Final yesterday. When is someone in kildare C.B going to stand up and, say enough is enough.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 6:11 pm

Anyone who doesn't think a manager change can have an immediate impact on morale and self belief only need look at Mayo today. Hard to imagine after the Kildare game last yea rthat they would be Div 1 champions and we would be still in Div 2 playing crap football .
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 10:29 pm

murof wrote:
Anyone who doesn't think a manager change can have an immediate impact on morale and self belief only need look at Mayo today. Hard to imagine after the Kildare game last yea rthat they would be Div 1 champions and we would be still in Div 2 playing crap football .

I had the exact thought when I seen the result. A change can be hugely positive if done right.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 10:32 pm

mayo a different animal to the team we beat in newbridge a serious outfit now
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 11:06 pm

It shows you how mad this division was. Consider this: we did not play anywhere near our potential and had an unsettled team, and yet on the final day we had the possibility of being promoted. Standard of the division, bar maybe Donegal, was shite and the fact that we were septic throughout the competition and still could've been promoted, proves this.

In saying that I would've much rather to see us playing well and to our potential, even if we were not promoted. Goes without saying, a decent league helps teams like ours - we build momentum and drive on from there. Hard to see where we will unearth spirit and positivity ahead of Wicklow game....
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 11:43 am

Shergar wrote:
If we blew an 8 point lead like that the local and national reaction would be a lot harsher than it seems to be on Meath.

National reaction is never harsher than the local one tbf
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 11:43 am

tomoneillandhissisteranne wrote:
Having watched the Div 2 final today, I wouldn't count on Meath and Donegal coming back down next year.

I'd be be very surprised if Meath stayed up
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 12:00 pm

Rex wrote:
murof wrote:

I had the exact thought when I seen the result. A change can be hugely positive if done right.

Couple of things though - it was James Horan came in and he was returning to his native county - no other county would have gotten James Horan as an inter-county manager. It was end of season so he was able to get all the commitments from board, had time to put everything in place in off-season. Even at that, only a few weeks ago, many media pundits were wondering what state were Mayo in after the Dublin game. Again, a reminder to take things on the whole.

Meath might be an example of the benefits of sticking with a manager.

There are a few reasons why I wouldn't be up for getting rid of a manager mid-season but the big one is that more or less ALL you're hoping for is a bounce and you might not get really high calibre, though that depends obviously.

As for Mayo, all they indicated was that they aren't gone. I felt the All-Ireland Championship was done that night Kildare beat them because they were the best equipped team to beat Dublin and I'd say if they'd struggled through qualifiers as they did the year before, they'd still have given them a better game than anyone else.

This time, they have some energy. We'll have to wait and see until a Connacht Final, All-Ireland semi-final or All-Ireland final but early evidence suggests that for the first time, they might be in a position to introduce subs that can impact a game.

Interesting that Horan hasn't flooded team with 2016 All-Ireland-U21-winning players from 2016 - four started and one of those is long-established and captain, O'Connor. I like the look of Matthew Ruane though, massive engine.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 3:26 pm

Agree on Ruane.. He looks a serious find.
With I'm assuming C O Connor and Seamie O Shea also to add to the Panel, they're looking like a strong Squad in depth.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 3:43 pm

They're some group of men... You always get the sense they're men on a mission, more like a cult like than a football team – and unfortunately you never get the same vibe off our bunch.

The main question was could they find a few forwards to chip with a few points in the big games, and Boland, D Coen and James Carr look like they might just fit the bill.

Think this is going to be the most competitive football championship for a while.

What a shame we're a total irrelevance.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 3:44 pm

Although I did hear some say at last game the team are some bunch of cults – at least I think that's what he said.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 3:47 pm

Actually been thinking about our championship "prospects" – while I think we'll probably get over Wicklow, I think there's a fair chance Longford will beat us, especially if it's in a provincial venue. O'Neill's a busted flush, morale is sapped and this team are mentally fragile at the best of times.

Has "Carlow Part 2 – The Return Of Jason (Ryan)" written all over it.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 11:16 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 12:39 am

I agree with you Ogie and I'd make another point on top. People are expecting too much off our u20s from last year. Mayo's u20 team last year were not far off us, and I don't think any of them played in the league final against Kerry. Of the Kerry team we beat by a point in the semi, only Moynihan played for Kerry seniors in the league final.
Don't get me wrong, I think O'Neill, Barrett, Dempsey, Masterson and Hyland all have the makings of senior footballers, and I was disappointed to see O'Toole, Nash and McLoughlin drop off. But we'll have to be very patient. They're seven or eight years off their peak and anyone expecting them to come in and transform the team was always going to be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 4:02 pm

Notable that M Ruane from the Mayo 2016 Under 21 winners only made it this year, having been on the panel for the past 3 years.

Kildare should give those Under 20 lads lots of time to mature. Hopefully the lads themselves will have the patience to wait their time like Ruane did..
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 8:35 pm

Anyone know who turned up for training this week?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 10:04 pm

Masterson and Murray certainly didn't.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 10:06 pm

Tom Boc Kelly complete with boots.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 8:15 am

Can anyone shed any light on the Moorefield situation or is there one...

Hearing numerous reports in the past few weeks including

- Murray and Masterson gone from panel
- Tyrell gone and had to be coaxed back
- Moorefield team holiday booked the week before the first round county game v Wicklow.

It certainly doesn't scream "unison" between club and county manager who is one of their own.

I know this is a public forum and ppl in the know might not want to comment but is there some power play or other row going on.

Lads walking off the panel mid campaign is never a good thing , especially guys who HAVE seen league time this spring.
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2019 10:03 am

Highball wrote:
Can anyone shed any light on the Moorefield situation or is there one...

Hearing numerous reports in the past few weeks including

- Murray and Masterson gone from panel
- Tyrell gone and had to be coaxed back
- Moorefield team holiday booked the week before the first round county game v Wicklow.

It certainly doesn't scream "unison" between club and county manager who is one of their own.

I know this is a public forum and ppl in the know might not want to comment but is there some power play or other row going on.

Lads walking off the panel mid campaign is never a good thing , especially guys who HAVE seen league time this spring.

No idea about the players, I suppose if they don't want to play you cannot make them.... V disappointing all the same.
Think it is a bad reflection on Moorefield though, short memories and all that.... Anyone involved in Moorefield knows that CON was a loyal clubman, doubt he will be now... Maybe they have an ulterior motive, who knows???
Don't have the inside story...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Donegal    Kildare v Donegal  - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Donegal
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next