Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread

Go down 
+63
Stonecold
kartman
Yellow Pearl
Lily8
lilypremier
The Oracle
johnsmyth
learmus
sillycow
gaaweb
Flamingo
bag of white
cilldara
Muvverfuk
lilywhite dancer
Gaa125
sm4sm4sm
shoutitout
flourman
realmoore
bloodsub
naked-lilly
ChopperDalton
simplysash
oldspice
Loads of Pints
abl
walsheman
jj
FearBan
Come on the Boys in Blue
Rex
Sam1928
Square Ball
norightfoot
Big Full Back
pedrobob
earmuffs
lastline
White Bridge
A Hurley
TheBigFullForward
babyduck
Taibi
kickingking
extra
hope
Ogie
tomcruise
centreback
MnaGorm
LargeFullForward
Jimmy winning matches
whitestar
chrism
overthebar
hawker
doubleagent
GaaHead
snowman
losthope
daracill
Muller
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:38 am

meath 2-9 longford 017 AET
wexford 0-13 kildare 0-12 FT
carlow 8-19 kilkenny 1-1 FT
westmeath 0-12 offaly 0-6 FT

wexford v carlow

longford v westmeath
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:49 am

the 4 teams left in the leinster u 21 championship are hardly the so call big guns in leinster football, but they are there on merit and now 1 game away from a final.... hard to see where we can go from here especially after that result and the u21 manager been indorsed by mcgeeny, does'nt instill much confidence in the hole county set up. hard luck to the players after all there effort in the last few months.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:53 am

Longford must be good seeing as Meath knocked Dublin out of it.
Hard luck to the lads, it's always horrible to lose by a point.
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:04 am

Hard luck lads
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:06 am

ouch.

dont think barry will be too flush with job offers in the near future Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:07 am

overthebar wrote:
hard to see where we can go from here especially after that result and the u21 manager been indorsed by mcgeeny, does'nt instill much confidence in the hole county set up.

Are you for real?? Have you been living under a rock for the last 3 years or so??
Did you ever stop to think that maybe these players werent good enough??

I think you should go to bed little man, school i the morning and teacher dosent like narky little boys in the morning!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:10 am

Hard luck to the lads, was a tight match and could have went eitherways.

I think we need a whole new management team in all grades of the county set up including senior. Imagine backing or endorsing a colleague. McGeeney out. Barry out.
Bring in Divilly for u21's and senior job.
He a very good coach who will give the lads plenty of time off.
And he'll able to ring all the sigerson cmsnagers too see how his players are doing. That's what intelligent managers do apparently.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:22 am

in the last 3 years we lost twice in the first round to wicklow and louth, and went on to all ireland quarter and semi final respectfully, also lost to the dubs in the leinster final after they going down to 14 men for a good portion of the game and went on to lose in quarter final again, in doing so we failed to beat any of the so called all ireland contenders in the last 3 years so maybe its not me who's been under a rock for the last while....... Question
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:27 am

always one who comes out with crap after a loss!!
everyone im sure is disappointed with this result,it happens,maybe they just were nt good enough.
think westmeath will win leinster now
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:35 am

as mr beneites says facts are facts!!! still its hard on the players to lose such a close game Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Gaa125
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:04 am

Judging by Rainbows comments in the Leader they never cared about this years team i quote Rainbow saying "We have a young panel this year that includes a lot of minors for the past two years. So really it's about building for next year and the year after", saying that at all is bad enough but in the week of the match couldn't be good at all.
Back to top Go down
Muvverfuk
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:14 am

Losing to a hurling county again, thats bad. Maybe Barry et al will have a look at the minor/ under 21 championsip next year.
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:29 am

Would it not have been better to have sean hurley in midfield and bring Cian Reynolds into the forwards?
Back to top Go down
lilywhite dancer
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:32 am

Building for next year...if that's Rainbow's attitude then maybe he and Barry should b shown d door. They had enough talent on the field 2nite to beat Wexford well and hav a fair crack at leinster. Instead Wexford taught us a lesson and only for some bad wides wud have beat us by a lot more. I wouldn't agree with some posters that the lads just weren't good enough. They seemed 2 have no real gameplan and looked like a team that never played together before. I've nothing against Barry personally but he doesn't strike me as a shrewd tactician...his record speaks for itself!
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:23 pm

On the back of that performance, I think fogarty and hurley could add to the senior panel. Fogarty is a wonderful score taker off either foot. With hurleys fielding ability, we should be grooming him to be the next dermot
Back to top Go down
lilywhite dancer
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:40 pm

Yeah to take some positives from the game Fogarty and Dowling kicked some great scores. Hurley also did well. I thought our full back line did reasonably well considering the pressure they were under.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:43 pm

Hard luck to the lads last night.
Just want to say two things:

1- What was the ref at last night. I know he probably didnt have a huge bearing on the outcome but nobody could touch a player or it was a free (both sides) For me he ruined what could have being a really good game.

2-With the same manager as last year and with some of last years team still available for selection he chose to leave them on the bench. At this level every bit of experience should be called on and just found it strange.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:59 pm

Hurley did play in Midfield last night - himself and Feeley caught some serious balls through out. Hurley is some footballer and must surely be brought into the senior setup - he is a hulk of a man who is a serious fielder with a serious engine - reminds me so much of Sean Cavanagh.

Problem was we only ever won clean ball in the middle - Wexford won the majority of dirty ball in around the middle. Kildare backs could not cope with Wexford running at them time and time again.

Another issue I had was Fionn Dowling seemed intent on winning the game himself - he was our main danger up front and time and time again he won possession against his man, but was very slow to bring others into the game.
Don't get me wrong he is a serious talent and could be anything - but on numerous occasions last night he opted for impossible attempts from very difficult positions when others were better placed. Now some of those "impossible" attempts actually landed, but he needs to bring others in the game at this level/age group - at senior level I notice he is not as greedy, so maybe at this level he believes it is his responsibility to carry the scoring threat.

Fogarty scored some nice points too and is very good at wining his own ball - another that has the physique and talent for the senior setup. He I believe was under used last night - he had nearly half a foot height advantage on his direct marker last night and yet not one heigh ball came in his direction.

The team strategy was clearly to move the ball in to Dowling and let him do the damage.

A word on the referee - on maybe 10 (if not more) occasions after a awarding Wexford free's he moved the ball in 10 yards - At one stage late in the second first/earl in the second I counted 4 frees in a row moved closer. The reason seemed to be not retreating quick enough after concession of the free. The amount of times this happened was farcical - and resulted in at least 3 points for wexford.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:19 pm

There is some serious crap going on here.

Nobody of this U/21 team and I mean nobody should be expecting an immediate call up to the senior team.Typical s---e from some Kildare supporters who are walking around in cloud cuckooland blowing up players who have achieved absolutely nothing.Beaten by Longford in a minor semi-final last year and two embarrasing defeats for the u/21's ; these lads haven't even faced the big boys yet.And then calling them serious talents.Well they might be around the plains of Kildare but they sure are not proving it at Leinster level never mind national level.

This U/21 team had a super chance of a Leinster title this year and they blew it.The manager is a big part of the problem but the players also have a lot to answer for in the past few years.

I think that it is time that some of us Kildare supporters get real ( including myself ) and realise that players have to prove themselves before they are blown out of all proportion.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:28 pm

WEXFORD turned in a stunning finish to edge to a single-point victory over Kildare in this thrilling Leinster U-21 quarter-final at Enniscorthy last night.

The sides were deadlocked at 0-11 each with just five minutes remaining, having gone score for score, but it was at this stage that Wexford struck for two marvellous points from Brendan Halpin and Derek Butler to go two clear with one minute remaining.

Kildare, in a desperate bid to salvage the game, saw Padraig Fogarty fouled as he moved towards goal. He picked himself up to point the resulting free, but the home side were able to close out the game in the remaining half-minute.

The start of the second half was delayed by 20 minutes owing to a power failure, and when Kildare went ahead for the first time, 0-9 to 0-8 through a 41st-minute Fogarty point, it looked as if they were about to assume control.

But in a tense finish it was Wexford who prevailed.

Scorers -- Wexford: K O'Grady (4f), M O'Regan (3f, 1 '45') 0-5 each, D Butler, L Og McGovery, B Halpin 0-1 each. Kildare: P Fogarty 0-6 (1f), J McAndrew 0-3 (2fs), F Dowling 0-2, S Hurley 0-1.

Wexford -- R Farrell; J Breen, S Gaule, C Carty; D Butler, J Leacy, L Og McGovern; M O'Hanlon, M O'Regan; D Murphy, E Kent, P Kelly; K O'Grady, K Kehoe, B Halpin. Sub: M Furlong for Breen (52).

Kildare -- C Heneghan; D Holton, S Campbell, M Kelly; J Comerford, A Karey, C Plunkett; K Feeley, R Kelly; P Fogarty, E Heavey, S Hurley; F Dowling, P O'Neill, J McAndrew. Subs: W Burke for Plunkett (46), D Egan for O'Neill (52).

Ref -- J Curley (Meath).

Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:39 pm

I thought it was only paddy power who thought kildare had a chance of winning a leinster this year?

Yes they could have beaten wexford but the team is way too young to be contenders for leinster this year.Some have another 2 years at this level! This year was always a building process and anything else achieved is a bonus.
Some of the shite being spoken here is totally unfair on the lads.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:40 pm

This crop of players will come good and alot of people will be eating humble pie.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:47 pm

tomcruise wrote:
There is some serious crap going on here.

Nobody of this U/21 team and I mean nobody should be expecting an immediate call up to the senior team.Typical s---e from some Kildare supporters who are walking around in cloud cuckooland blowing up players who have achieved absolutely nothing.Beaten by Longford in a minor semi-final last year and two embarrasing defeats for the u/21's ; these lads haven't even faced the big boys yet.And then calling them serious talents.Well they might be around the plains of Kildare but they sure are not proving it at Leinster level never mind national level.

This U/21 team had a super chance of a Leinster title this year and they blew it.The manager is a big part of the problem but the players also have a lot to answer for in the past few years.

I think that it is time that some of us Kildare supporters get real ( including myself ) and realise that players have to prove themselves before they are blown out of all proportion.

Good man Tom, can't do basic maths and maybe it you that are delusional, like what do you base the fact on them "having a super chance of a Leinster". Plus with every match one or two players may actually have played well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:51 pm

pity some of these lads,
Barry as 21 manager and Gilroy as minor manager!
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:03 pm

Tom if memory serves me right you were of the same opinion of players like Flynn, Conway, Kavanagh and many like them during John Crofton's reign in charge of the seniors. Stating on here on numerous occasions that these players were not good enough to play for Kildare - and calling for the likes of Terry Rossiter to be given a chance.

During Crofton's reign many people on here could see that the above named players (and others) had talent and potential, only to be told by you to get real, that Kildare football was going no where and that the players aren't good enough .... blah blah blah

You are a profit of doom on here and have been for many years.

Yes last nights result was disappointing and some players have let them selves down. However the majority of people who have watched these players at minor (last 2 years) and U21 last night can see that Hurley, Fogarty, Dowling and Feeley do have serious talent and have potential to be senior players for Kildare.

Talent and potential are not measured by what an individual has won or achieved.

Were you even at the game last night? Or is your rant based on you waking up this morning and seeing the scoreline?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next