Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread

Go down 
+63
Stonecold
kartman
Yellow Pearl
Lily8
lilypremier
The Oracle
johnsmyth
learmus
sillycow
gaaweb
Flamingo
bag of white
cilldara
Muvverfuk
lilywhite dancer
Gaa125
sm4sm4sm
shoutitout
flourman
realmoore
bloodsub
naked-lilly
ChopperDalton
simplysash
oldspice
Loads of Pints
abl
walsheman
jj
FearBan
Come on the Boys in Blue
Rex
Sam1928
Square Ball
norightfoot
Big Full Back
pedrobob
earmuffs
lastline
White Bridge
A Hurley
TheBigFullForward
babyduck
Taibi
kickingking
extra
hope
Ogie
tomcruise
centreback
MnaGorm
LargeFullForward
Jimmy winning matches
whitestar
chrism
overthebar
hawker
doubleagent
GaaHead
snowman
losthope
daracill
Muller
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:40 am

Seriously that comment by doubleagent is absolutely nuts. To suggest that Geezer is only interested in his business interests is nothing short of pathetic. You suggest that your posts are well thought out after a comment like that above and then you go on and say you'll back it up with debate. I'd pay good money to hear that.

Sillycow you mentioned that nothing beats competitive games etc etc. How do you account for Longford beating Meath last night despite the fact that it was Meath who had a game under their belts. Thats along with the fact that even if the u21s were with their clubs they wouldn't have many competitive game as the club scene is only under way in recent weeks. Therefore your argument has zero credence. Or perhaps you are throwing in another dig in relation to the alleged impasse between Geezer and the CB.
Back to top Go down
snowman
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 5:02 am

Muller wrote:
Reading through alot of the posts since the game has finished and its clear that there are alot of new posts from names that havent been seen in a while.Whether this is fueled from the posters themselves getting overlooked by Barry or relative or friend or clubmate we can only guess. But we really need to accept that we dont know what has gone on behind closed doors and eddie, barry and rainbow had their reasons for each selection/ From what i can see everyone was against Barry and co from very early on. Now he has had 4 u21 championship games in his 3 years won 2 and lost 2.There are much worse records around and with a back door system at this level things would be different Those lads this year done more training than any other 21 team in recent years. They've been in the gym long before anyone was talking about their chances. They lost by a point which is fierce disappointing but if those 3 or 4 tough frees that were made easy that a few seemed to have mentioned didnt happen, we'd be sayin that these young lads stood up when they were asked a question. Every player last nite gave his best for the jersey. What more can we ask?

My own opinion on the games is as follows. Moolicks omission from the game late on due to illness was a huge blow. credit to the replacement from maynooth mcandrew thought he done well but surely disrupted the game plan. The young corner back Kelly from towers was playing his first match for kildare in championship as were a few others and i think it showed.Wexford had a early game in the competition which showed. The midfield caught some serious ball and there fielding was superior than wexford but where we fell down in midfield was wexford won the balls that werent caught cleanly.They hoovered up more breaking ball that we all no is so crucial. The wexford backs were there for the taking but the ball didnt go into the right areas enough and this is credit to wexford for stopping the flow. wexford couldnt handle Fogarty and Hurley and the ball should have gone into fogarty moreso than Dowling I think. i have to agree his decision making at times let him down. Too often his shots were skied in the air or kicked aimlessly...He got 2 or 3 but wasted much more. In saying that he is a talent and that'll come with more experence hopefully.
Last point i'll make is although many of us are saying this and that about who should have been there and who shouldnt we dont know what goes on behind closed doors. For all we know player X is out of form and the player selected is flying. Like most i was surprised seeing the 24 and seeing so many lads ya'd expect not involved but we dont know what goes on in these lads lives whether it be what there upto in the social life, exams, work commitments or even their fitness. Many of us are just assuming that just because was the star at minor or for his club or even at the same grade last year that things havent changed. Hard luck to all involved and for what its worth i do think we will win a provincial at least at this level in the next 2or 3 seasons.

Agree with the above, alot of factors go in to preparing and selecting a team..finally a bit of sensible comment. i cant believe the amount of personal agenda being spouted on here the last couple of days. hard luck lads, a point in it in the end, away from home..dissapointing. these lads will be back next year
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:27 pm

Seriously , Hard Luck to the U21 Lads , having seen these lads train a few times in the last few weeks ,and talking to some of the panelist during that time ,i have to say in there defence alot of preperation was put in the last few weeks , they played games , sometimes twice , virtually most weekends, to say the prep was not done is unfair on theses lads, i can say the few i know are absolutely gutted , wasnt at the match, but from what i heard the ref was pulling free's forward even if you looked awkward at him , i believe it was stop/start , you cant account for this type of game, it could have went either way, the only thing that can be said is , yes the future is better than most think , you have a good crop of decent players coming through in the future, and yes as another poster alluded to if you could make the breakthrough at this level , it does have dividends , not to get up you nose , it does have its benefits, as dublin discovered from last years U21, but that still doesnt materailise into instance success , it took tyrone probably another 3/4 years to get the benefits when there minors/u21 won all irelands , I know it a major dissapointment but now you can all focus on the seniors/minors
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Will Alan Barry be given the job next year?
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:28 pm

I would think after winning two games in 3 years his time is surely up.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:40 pm

its time give brain murphy the job
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:51 pm

hard to argue with that flourman, but as for murphy getting the job, he seems to be a good man with teams but he was a bit too cocky with minors last year loosing to longford by not playing hurley and cribbon. probably deserves a chance now to step to u 21 grade.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:19 pm

overthebar wrote:
hard to argue with that flourman, but as for murphy getting the job, he seems to be a good man with teams but he was a bit too cocky with minors last year loosing to longford by not playing hurley and cribbon. probably deserves a chance now to step to u 21 grade.

That's a bit harsh. Wasn't Cribben injured and Hurley just coming back from injury?
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:23 am

bag of white wrote:
overthebar wrote:

That's a bit harsh. Wasn't Cribben injured and Hurley just coming back from injury?

Dont think it was harsh whats harsh about it, if they made it to the final in the same week both would have started.
Resting minors is cocky and all it achieved was to provoke longford and fair play to them you deserve the rub of the green when faced with that nonsense.
Having said that I do think Murphy deserves a chance with the U21s
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:40 am

fone wrote:

yeah brain murphy should defo get it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:16 am

Bring back Glenn Ryan or Padraig Nolan please........
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:39 am

walsheman wrote:
fone wrote:

yeah brain murphy should defo get it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sillycow
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 2:07 am

hawker wrote:
Seriously that comment by doubleagent is absolutely nuts. To suggest that Geezer is only interested in his business interests is nothing short of pathetic. You suggest that your posts are well thought out after a comment like that above and then you go on and say you'll back it up with debate. I'd pay good money to hear that.

Sillycow you mentioned that nothing beats competitive games etc etc. How do you account for Longford beating Meath last night despite the fact that it was Meath who had a game under their belts. Thats along with the fact that even if the u21s were with their clubs they wouldn't have many competitive game as the club scene is only under way in recent weeks. Therefore your argument has zero credence. Or perhaps you are throwing in another dig in relation to the alleged impasse between Geezer and the CB.

hawker there is no sub a competitve game under ur belt going into a 2nd game. the team with no game in rd1 are at a serious disadvantage.

And there is nothing like competitve games to keep players sharp. In relation to our other county teams I do hope the a county players are allowed play competitve games with there clubs to keep them sharp.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 2:56 am

Why should Murphy get the job?

We should have won at least one Leinster minor over the last two years given the players we had.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 3:51 am

kickingking wrote:
Why should Murphy get the job?

We should have won at least one Leinster minor over the last two years given the players we had.

Once again........ this insane and inexplicably heightened sense of worth.... because Kildare have won SOOOOOOOO many Leinster titles at all levels. Last year was a great opportunity alright but surely it's obvious there were many, many factors outside of the control of the management. But the fact is, Kildare will only ever be winning the odd one here and there.
Back to top Go down
Muller
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:15 am

I think Murphy will get the job but my own personal opinion is that he is not right for it. I've been involved with club teams with the players he has dealt with and there feelings is he will get the job too. The problem that might arise is players might be too accustomed to him. They know how he operates and will perhaps no how to abuse the system so to speak. Murphy did well with the minor teams but i think cause of the poor record we had in the years before people may have exaggerated. From my dealings with him though he only wants the best for kildare football and the time he has given up in the past 3 years is outstanding. We could all do with his drive. I agree a new face would be better and someone like padraig nolan or even padraig brennan who was involved back with Glen Ryan. Just a opinion
Back to top Go down
Lilly07
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:33 am

anthony rainbow for under21s manager
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:45 pm

Cadbury Leinster U21FC
Longford 0-10 Westmeath 0-9
Wexford 1-10 Carlow 0-9

Longford v Wexford final.

Well that was a Leinster title that got away!! Longford appear to have some good underage teams at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 8:28 am

wexford 1-9 longford 0-11
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 9:15 pm

That really should have been KIldare. Wexford were there to be beaten in the quarter finals
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 10:50 pm

All we had to do was beat Wexford, Carlow and Longford and we were Leinster champions and in an All Ireland Semi final. Never have an easier chance to pick up silverware.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10