Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread

Go down 
+63
Stonecold
kartman
Yellow Pearl
Lily8
lilypremier
The Oracle
johnsmyth
learmus
sillycow
gaaweb
Flamingo
bag of white
cilldara
Muvverfuk
lilywhite dancer
Gaa125
sm4sm4sm
shoutitout
flourman
realmoore
bloodsub
naked-lilly
ChopperDalton
simplysash
oldspice
Loads of Pints
abl
walsheman
jj
FearBan
Come on the Boys in Blue
Rex
Sam1928
Square Ball
norightfoot
Big Full Back
pedrobob
earmuffs
lastline
White Bridge
A Hurley
TheBigFullForward
babyduck
Taibi
kickingking
extra
hope
Ogie
tomcruise
centreback
MnaGorm
LargeFullForward
Jimmy winning matches
whitestar
chrism
overthebar
hawker
doubleagent
GaaHead
snowman
losthope
daracill
Muller
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:44 pm

Quote :

A word on the referee - on maybe 10 (if not more) occasions after a awarding Wexford free's he moved the ball in 10 yards - At one stage late in the second first/earl in the second I counted 4 frees in a row moved closer. The reason seemed to be not retreating quick enough after concession of the free. The amount of times this happened was farcical - and resulted in at least 3 points for wexford.

at one stage the ref had become so used to bringing the ball forward that he blew for a foul against conor plunkett and immediately brought the ball forward before realising that wasn't what he wanted to do, he wanted to book plunkett instead, so he had to move the ball back to the original spot and then show the card.

That's a rule that bugs me, yes by all means move the ball forward if there is abuse but players are entitled to talk to the ref and ask why a decision is given if only to ensure they don't committ the same offence. You can't say boo these days to some refs without them bringing the ball forward.

If a players says something like "ah, for ****sake" after a decision it's more likely to be at themselves than the refs and the refs should understand that. There were a couple of very difficult frees turned into gimmes for wexford, at least 3, Which are
obviously crucial in a close game like that. Referees need to b more concious of the effect of doing it and decide if it is really warranted. Obviously you don't know what is said from the stand but you can see agressivd behviour and the ball was moved forward on occasions when it even seem like Kildare players had approached the ref
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:07 pm

flourman wrote:
Tom if memory serves me right you were of the same opinion of players like Flynn, Conway, Kavanagh and many like them during John Crofton's reign in charge of the seniors. Stating on here on numerous occasions that these players were not good enough to play for Kildare - and calling for the likes of Terry Rossiter to be given a chance.

During Crofton's reign many people on here could see that the above named players (and others) had talent and potential, only to be told by you to get real, that Kildare football was going no where and that the players aren't good enough .... blah blah blah

You are a profit of doom on here and have been for many years.

Yes last nights result was disappointing and some players have let them selves down. However the majority of people who have watched these players at minor (last 2 years) and U21 last night can see that Hurley, Fogarty, Dowling and Feeley do have serious talent and have potential to be senior players for Kildare.

Talent and potential are not measured by what an individual has won or achieved.

Were you even at the game last night? Or is your rant based on you waking up this morning and seeing the scoreline?

Well Said
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:14 pm

tomcruise wrote:
There is some serious crap going on here.

Nobody of this U/21 team and I mean nobody should be expecting an immediate call up to the senior team.Typical s---e from some Kildare supporters who are walking around in cloud cuckooland blowing up players who have achieved absolutely nothing.Beaten by Longford in a minor semi-final last year and two embarrasing defeats for the u/21's ; these lads haven't even faced the big boys yet.And then calling them serious talents.Well they might be around the plains of Kildare but they sure are not proving it at Leinster level never mind national level.

This U/21 team had a super chance of a Leinster title this year and they blew it.The manager is a big part of the problem but the players also have a lot to answer for in the past few years.

so either the team wins and all the players are great or they lose and all the players are useless? Get real, fogarty kicked five ponts from play,what can he do about what is happening at the far end of the field?
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:28 pm

Considering a lot of that team are only straight out of minor the result isn't all that surprising. Plenty of that team still have a promising future ahead of them at senior level but they have to be given time. Why are there so many people on here so quick to write off young players in this county? As has been stated previously, it took a good few years for the likes of Kavanagh and Flynn to come good but they are probably two of our key players now.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:57 pm

I have to say that was a bad defeat last night on the easier side of the draw Dublin & Meath gone the last 3 years have being really poor for the under 21s.
I think Barry has to go after this nothing against the man but his results are not there for him to merit the manager of the under 21s. He reminds me a lot of Don Givens the former Ireland under 21s manager losing most games but keeps saying he is trying to produce players for the seniors ok but produce players that have that winning mentality to bring something different to the setup. I think Glen Ryan is a huge loss here
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:16 pm

Given the draw, I think the idea or excuse that this team is building for the next two years is sad, where is the ambition there, maybe they meet Dublin in the first round next year and go out in again will we say next year next year. The incentive of a leinster final as underdogs and the experience the players would gain would have been much better than saying two or three lads are talents for the future. Would a Glen Ryan team have lost last night?
Back to top Go down
cj concannon
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:46 pm

Lads , im a long time reader first time poster to this forum..wasnt at the match last night ..thought we would have had a good chance of beating Wexford though ? Heard the ref was poor ?
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:01 am

I am not a profit of doom and never have been.

The facts are there for all to see.The last few years have been dreadful for the U/21's.The same problem existed with the minors for a number of years recently until they changed the management.

I am just suggesting that supporters get real in blowing up young Kildare players out of all proportions.I will admit there are some very good players coming through but they have not proved it at Leinster or National level whether you like it or not.And until they do this , I remain unconvinced.

Sorry if folk see it is a rant but facts are facts and I live in the real world.

End of matter.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:22 am

im staying outta this one,wasnt at the game last night so cant say much!!!!
Back to top Go down
sm4sm4sm
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:56 am

how did sean campbell and the two corner backs get on? heard they were poor enough?
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:02 am

tomcruise wrote:
I am not a profit of doom and never have been.

The facts are there for all to see.The last few years have been dreadful for the U/21's.The same problem existed with the minors for a number of years recently until they changed the management.

I am just suggesting that supporters get real in blowing up young Kildare players out of all proportions.I will admit there are some very good players coming through but they have not proved it at Leinster or National level whether you like it or not.And until they do this , I remain unconvinced.

Sorry if folk see it is a rant but facts are facts and I live in the real world.

End of matter.

I agree with Tom on this one. Would also like to point out that success ( or lack of in this instance over last few years at underage) bears no real effect on the senior set up. At most we will get 3 or 4 players to come through to senior set up from a minor or u-21 team. If we get the 3 or 4 good players from this crop I will be very happy. Think there is every chance we will too as there are some talented players in that squad despite all the doom and gloom
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:06 am

Why doesent McGeeney take charge of the U21s, i know in some countys the senior manager is also the manager of the U21 set-up?
Back to top Go down
doubleagent
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:31 am

Taibi wrote:
Why doesent McGeeney take charge of the U21s, i know in some countys the senior manager is also the manager of the U21 set-up?
Hold on there a sec....he has enough power in this county already and anyway i dont think he has that much interest in Kildare football. Its more to do with his business interests ......Why not try and get Glen back as he will almost certainly be finished with Longford this year. If not someone like Tadgh Fennin or Christy Byrne or maybe whoever trains the Athy Minor/u21 team.His results are proven!!!!
Back to top Go down
sillycow
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:41 am

It just goes to show there in sub for competitive games to bring players on. Wexford played louth in the first round and that game really stood to them, they had a big advantage as it was our first competitve game.

Maybe there a lesson in this for all kildare teams, let all county players play competitve football with there clubs to keep them sharp, or we could have another shock in may if wicklow catch us cold just like louth did last year, and wicklow a few before in the senior.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:45 am

doubleagent wrote:
Taibi wrote:
Hold on there a sec....he has enough power in this county already and anyway i dont think he has that much interest in Kildare football. Its more to do with his business interests ......Why not try and get Glen back as he will almost certainly be finished with Longford this year. If not someone like Tadgh Fennin or Christy Byrne or maybe whoever trains the Athy Minor/u21 team.His results are proven!!!!

I'll have whatever you're having. What an idiotic post
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:51 am

anyone for the last choc ices, get your choc choc ices........... sunny the weathers up and the debates are hot...... get your choc choc ices Cool
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:20 am

It's sticking out a mile. Silycow, overthebar and dobleagent are fishing for a reaction.....trolls.
Back to top Go down
doubleagent
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:31 am

rgb wrote:
It's sticking out a mile. Silycow, overthebar and dobleagent are fishing for a reaction.....trolls.
My view and what i wrote is what i believe. As i'm sure every other poster also believes in what they write. My views are well thought out and can be backed up in debate. I love you
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:47 am

Even that post is trolling....give it a rest lad.
Back to top Go down
sillycow
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:11 am

how dare you rgb, i am not trolling. Again any comment about geezer or anything related to him you jump down people necks along with that fionn mccool, stonecold. please respect our views, some people are not as big fans of what geezer and co are doing to football in the county especially club football. I am one of those that believe that geezer and co are only interested in one team that the cost of everyone else.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:21 am

ok rgb now that you've upset sillycow and doubleagent i feel i had to reply, i admit it, whats trolling when your at home??? lets all gang up on rgb.................. lol!
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:22 am

ok rgb now that you've upset sillycow and doubleagent i feel i had to reply, i admit it, whats trolling when your at home??? lets all gang up on rgb.................. lol!
Back to top Go down
doubleagent
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:30 am

Thanks overthebar. I was afraid to ask RGB what trolling meant. I was pretending i knew......although i thought it may have been a South Dublin or yuppie way of saying i was rambling jocolor
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:07 am

'Would also like to point out that success ( or lack of in this instance over last few years at underage) bears no real effect on the senior set up.'

Not totally true!
Tyrones success at under 21's was a massive step towards them ultimately winning the senior title and even 3, not saying it was necessary but a winning mentality for the 3 or 4 class players that do come through brings everyone around them some belief, this can also be seen in our recent past.
Back to top Go down
Muller
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:32 am

Reading through alot of the posts since the game has finished and its clear that there are alot of new posts from names that havent been seen in a while.Whether this is fueled from the posters themselves getting overlooked by Barry or relative or friend or clubmate we can only guess. But we really need to accept that we dont know what has gone on behind closed doors and eddie, barry and rainbow had their reasons for each selection/ From what i can see everyone was against Barry and co from very early on. Now he has had 4 u21 championship games in his 3 years won 2 and lost 2.There are much worse records around and with a back door system at this level things would be different Those lads this year done more training than any other 21 team in recent years. They've been in the gym long before anyone was talking about their chances. They lost by a point which is fierce disappointing but if those 3 or 4 tough frees that were made easy that a few seemed to have mentioned didnt happen, we'd be sayin that these young lads stood up when they were asked a question. Every player last nite gave his best for the jersey. What more can we ask?

My own opinion on the games is as follows. Moolicks omission from the game late on due to illness was a huge blow. credit to the replacement from maynooth mcandrew thought he done well but surely disrupted the game plan. The young corner back Kelly from towers was playing his first match for kildare in championship as were a few others and i think it showed.Wexford had a early game in the competition which showed. The midfield caught some serious ball and there fielding was superior than wexford but where we fell down in midfield was wexford won the balls that werent caught cleanly.They hoovered up more breaking ball that we all no is so crucial. The wexford backs were there for the taking but the ball didnt go into the right areas enough and this is credit to wexford for stopping the flow. wexford couldnt handle Fogarty and Hurley and the ball should have gone into fogarty moreso than Dowling I think. i have to agree his decision making at times let him down. Too often his shots were skied in the air or kicked aimlessly...He got 2 or 3 but wasted much more. In saying that he is a talent and that'll come with more experence hopefully.
Last point i'll make is although many of us are saying this and that about who should have been there and who shouldnt we dont know what goes on behind closed doors. For all we know player X is out of form and the player selected is flying. Like most i was surprised seeing the 24 and seeing so many lads ya'd expect not involved but we dont know what goes on in these lads lives whether it be what there upto in the social life, exams, work commitments or even their fitness. Many of us are just assuming that just because was the star at minor or for his club or even at the same grade last year that things havent changed. Hard luck to all involved and for what its worth i do think we will win a provincial at least at this level in the next 2or 3 seasons.

Last edited by Muller on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammer and spelling errors)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread   Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare U21's 2011 - Official Thread
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next