Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?

Go down 
+43
if_in_doubt
Misneach
SamMaguire
decbuck
flourman
bag of white
Fear An Geata
SeeTheStars
GaaHead
inexile
jj
Derfil
gaaman
Ogie
Dinny Breen
shortgrass
realfone
ChillDara
Cilldarcon
gaaweb
FearBan
tommyconlan
rgb
shoutitout
stanley
kildarecat
tomcruise
Stonecold
Always_White
LG1988
Exadmin
Sam1928
lilywhiteforlife
Yellow Pearl
Admin
centreback
Rex
johnsmyth
Cilldara_2000
lilypremier
Jimmy winning matches
walsheman
mrblobby
47 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Empty
PostSubject: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:56 am

Afternoon all. It would seem that the inevitable has indeed occurred. The 'Official' Forum is gone from the home page of kildaregaa.ie. As far as I know most users agred to gather here if this happened.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:19 am

no its not gone!!
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:29 am

my mistake, there wa s a hicup on the other forum
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 3:52 am

lads is this end of site
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:04 am

i believe it is.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:24 am

seems like its gone for now
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:40 am

new site is up soon
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:40 am

new site is up soon
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:48 am

Will there be a new forum? Will they keep the old one? Are all our old posts and accounts gone?

Just as well this forum comes up on google.
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:04 pm

New site up soon? I just cant believe that one again, next season maybe.
Anyway I thought I'd join this one and hope most others join too, I think it was the members of the official forum that made it as good as it was. There is no way I could join the HS forum, the nonsense that gets posted there is beyond belief.
Roll on saturday one way or another its a pivotal day
Back to top Go down
mrblobby
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:48 pm

Pity all our old threads gone as was the only way of keeping up to date with tables / results etc!!!
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Ya the hoganstand wan is terrible because the Queens dont feck off from our page. At least this is a separate forum.
The only problem with the other forum was that they never seemed to let you join. Ive tried for four years to get on to it but no luck at all.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 3:27 am

im sure it be handier to join with the new one!!anyone no wen it opens!!!!?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:12 am

I was on th proboards support website. They need the owner of the Official site (Admin) to post on the support forum. The problem seems to be quite common.

If anyone knows Alan get him to contact them online.

Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:26 pm

spread the word to get all the members on here if it is closed but i imagine alan wouldn`t just close it without warning us i`d say he will have it up and running soon
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 6:55 pm

Hi JME,

I don't see the point myself in the making your forum, this one is already up and running with 80+ memebers.
Back to top Go down
https://kildaregaa.forumotion.com
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:59 pm

Funny you should say that admin, I was thinking the exact same thing when you opened this one.
Why would a guy or girl open a new forum when theres already a thriving one with over 1000 members Question
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:10 pm

Latebutgreat welcome to the forum.

The "official" Kildare forum had a little over 300, very few who were regular posters.

Many, many people tried to join the forum but were not allowed to. Everyone is free to join this
forum and contribute to discussion, but obviously you have to behave yourself and adhere to the forum rules.

I anticipated the official forum being pulled after Kildare's AGM. Many genuine Kildare fans, including myself are glad to have this forum now that the official one is gone.
Back to top Go down
https://kildaregaa.forumotion.com
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 4:54 am

As this site is doing so well I am closing the other one as it was just temporary anyway.
I won't delete it but I'll leave it in maintenance mode in case the Admin here feels he's had enough and pulls the plug.

Thanks to those who signed up but this site is the new home for open discussion on Kildare GAA.

Spread the word to any member who may have been on the other forum and has not moved across.

John
Back to top Go down
lilywhiteforlife
Junior A
Junior A
lilywhiteforlife

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 11:34 pm

Admin wrote:

The "official" Kildare forum had a little over 300, very few who were regular posters.

Many, many people tried to join the forum but were not allowed to. Everyone is free to join this
forum and contribute to discussion

feel a bit privileged to have been one of the "chosen few" for the other forum now Razz

however i didnt really post much as i did find that there was a "clique" within the forum....

anyways glad to have a new location for finding info on the goings on in kildare football, info that is often hard to come by otherwise!

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:47 am

A Clique within it, sorry but that's nonsense. There where a lot of members and everybody contributed well.

Last edited by JME on Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 2:33 am

No sign of Stonecold yet. Maybe he's on the Meath forum these days??

I'd say the last forum was the most uncliquiest forum ever. It was most definately every man (or woman) for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Exadmin
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 4:44 am

Hey folks just a quick note to inform all the users of our old forum, that its demise had nothing to do with me.
Whilst I did handover the upkeep of the site to the powers that be at Christmas, I did decide to let the forum run as normal.
This remained the same untile last week sometime when my good friend Sam informed me through Facebook that there was an issue. What exactly happened, I dont know for sure. I have no doubt that the gestapo got control and did what they've been waiting to do for a long time now.
The forum was always seen as an enemy rather than a useful tool. For some stupid reason, the paranoia of one man in particular lead to him slating our forum on many an occasion. To see the state that a perfectly good website has been left in is a disgrace to say the least.

Anyway, thanx to all the guys and gals that made the last forum what it was. And good luck with the new foum.
Most importantly...................Up the Lilies

cheers
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 4:59 am

Disgrace is the word. Mr Ashe's behaviour leaves a lot to be desired.

Most people here travel and spend huge amounts of money on Kildare GAA and the forum was used as a source of news and banter. To have it deleted because it was viewed by and out of touch Chairman as the enemy just shows how behind modern times they are.

Anyway did he think that it would all go away when the delete button was pushed, the internet proves once again that you can't control it and censorship has no place in the cyber world.

Mr.Ashe if you are reading this you had it under your control now it's not, so you are worse off than you were this time last week.

Thanks to Alan for setting up the original forum it gave me many laughs and got me through many depressing defeats.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 5:00 am

:thup: exadmin and well done with your work over the years on the website and forums. At least here you don't have to watch what you say!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next