Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?

Go down 
+43
if_in_doubt
Misneach
SamMaguire
decbuck
flourman
bag of white
Fear An Geata
SeeTheStars
GaaHead
inexile
jj
Derfil
gaaman
Ogie
Dinny Breen
shortgrass
realfone
ChillDara
Cilldarcon
gaaweb
FearBan
tommyconlan
rgb
shoutitout
stanley
kildarecat
tomcruise
Stonecold
Always_White
LG1988
Exadmin
Sam1928
lilywhiteforlife
Yellow Pearl
Admin
centreback
Rex
johnsmyth
Cilldara_2000
lilypremier
Jimmy winning matches
walsheman
mrblobby
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 5:01 am

JME wrote:
Anyway did he think that it would all go away when the delete button was pushed, the internet proves once again that you can't control it and censorship has no place in the cyber world.

Mr.Ashe if you are reading this you had it under your control now it's not, so you are worse off than you were this time last week.

Ha ha. Good point.

Are we missing many of the regular posters from over there?
Back to top Go down
lilywhiteforlife
Junior A
Junior A
lilywhiteforlife

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 8:48 am

JME wrote:
A Clique within it, sorry but that's nonsense. There where only 12 members and only a couple of posts.

maybe the reason not many people posted is because whatever they said wasnt listened to and was shot down fairly quickly unless they had a certain username.

Thats my opinion and i'm not the first on the this forum to criticize some ways of the old forum. Dont get me wrong, I did appreciate the old forum for the information that was available and was just making a point that this one can be made even better by not carrying over the same bad habits.

Smile
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 9:03 am

I would only have one problem with the old site and i have said
it before- they wouldnt let you join!! i tried several occasions and no luck! I always wondered why they let some join but not others (including myself)?
Back to top Go down
LG1988
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 9:47 am

Official forum was a joke, tried to join it for 3 years and wasn't allowed??
No reason given for this either...
I also know alot of other people who were in the same boat!
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 9:51 am

wonder will it re-open,ashe on a bot of a power trip
Back to top Go down
Always_White
Intermediate
Intermediate
Always_White

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:12 am

I too made several attempts to join the "official forum" but for whatever reason wasn't allowed. However I did enjoy reading the various posts and found it a great source for news about teams, matches etc. Hopefully this one will develop into an even better forum with minimum interference from admin.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:44 pm

I think it's a disgrace whoever is behind it. With what happened over the last couple of weeks i.e. the passing of Dermot and the recent minor & senior performances it would have been a great advertisement for Kildare GAA. Even to post a book of condolences (like they did in Leitrim when that poor chap died).

I have been looking in here but when I saw Alan's post I realised the old site is a dead duck. Anyways onwards and upwards.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:06 am

Still no sign of TK or Billy Idol.

I am imagining both are refreshing the old link but to no avail then banging their heads on the screen howling in frustration.

Come on lads don't be shy, who else are you going to moan too. It's like a therapy session in here.

Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:05 am

JME

Maybe a bit too personal but what club do you belong to you out of curiosity ?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:29 am

your right TC a bit too personal. I like a bit of mystery.

anonymity is something we all enjoy unless we want people to know who we are. A bit like Iron Man.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:18 am

I notice I'm not alone in fact it seems scores of people tried unsuccessfully to join the official forum, the ones who were actually let join must have had to give a thumb print, palm print, urine and blood sample before been even considered for membership.
As for the Hogan Stand forum it annoyed the hell out of me, every post had to be digested by a moderator before been sanctioned, which killed any meaningful debate as people simply hadn't the patience to wait an hour or so before your post actually arrived on the forum proper often with little bits missing after been been snipped by the moderator.
The GAA is infested with paranoid dinosaurs who are scared out of their wits of the the information super highway they call the Internet!.
Having just joined this forum my initial reaction is positive and seems admin will allow some reasonable debate to develop without the need for the draconian censorship that infested all other GAA forums, scuppering it before the debate even has time to breathe!.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:48 am

I tried to join the Kildare gaa site forum too and was turned down, sent an email enquiring why I was turned down and recieved no reply,,, like what was the problem and was there some little tin God that decided who could be members or just someone too damn lazy to bother ?
I find Hoganstand interesting for the countrywide reports on teams and general news on the home page.
Anyway this forum seems to be coming along nicely with sensible enough posts and a relaxed atmosphere and its good to have somewhere to share information , post opinions and maybe learn a thing or two along the way.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:58 am

kildarecat wrote:
I notice I'm not alone in fact it seems scores of people tried unsuccessfully to join the official forum, the ones who were actually let join must have had to give a thumb print, palm print, urine and blood sample before been even considered for membership.
As for the Hogan Stand forum it annoyed the hell out of me, every post had to be digested by a moderator before been sanctioned, which killed any meaningful debate as people simply hadn't the patience to wait an hour or so before your post actually arrived on the forum proper often with little bits missing after been been snipped by the moderator.
The GAA is infested with paranoid dinosaurs who are scared out of their wits of the the information super highway they call the Internet!.
Having just joined this forum my initial reaction is positive and seems admin will allow some reasonable debate to develop without the need for the draconian censorship that infested all other GAA forums, scuppering it before the debate even has time to breathe!.

I actually had an interview and had to bring my mother around to confirm I was a nice person. Simples
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:02 pm

kildarecat wrote:

A county board can only allow so much on their official forums. There are libel laws after all. That's why I think an independent forum is better. You don't have to as careful as to what you say nor worry about upsetting officials.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:31 pm

Fair enough Cill Dara, but that hardly explains why half the populous of Kildare GAA supporters were refused entry to what was a public forum, which was/ should have been free for anyone to join, people who were refused entry to the official forum were not even given an explanation as to why they were refused entry, surely refusing people entry to a public forum without any explanation is actually illegal?.
Maybe Alan Bell might explain to the masses why this state of affairs occurred? as he was the forum boss if you like? when most people were refused entry, its like as if the intention was to build up a small core base of elite members and when their quota was met the rest of the public could go jump in the ocean as far as they were concerned, as you were not getting in even if you drove up in an American Abrams Tank to the County Board offices demanding entry to the elite forum!.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:13 am

My theory is that for the final 12 months of the old forum that there was either no Admin to validate new members and/or there was a definate plan not to allow new members as they knew they would eventually shut it down.

Alan Bell finished as county PRO well over a year ago or more if I'm not mistaken and maybe nobody else bothered to look after the forum after that.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:26 am

Lads I dont want Alan's name mentioned in here again.

He is no longer the PRO of the county board and when he was he gave his time freely to the running of the old forum.
The forum is no longer running, he is no longer PRO and he is no longer accountable.
His name should not be mentioned.
That will be all.
Back to top Go down
https://kildaregaa.forumotion.com
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:46 am

I agree with the last two posters. The person who shall remain unnamed by me did a fine job of running that forum and it was only after he was no longer in the position in which he had been that the whole thing went belly up.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:52 am

kildarecat wrote:
Fair enough Cill Dara, but that hardly explains why half the populous of Kildare GAA supporters were refused entry to what was a public forum, which was/ should have been free for anyone to join, people who were refused entry to the official forum were not even given an explanation as to why they were refused entry, surely refusing people entry to a public forum without any explanation is actually illegal?

What's public or illegal about it? The people who are responsible for a forum are free to do what they like with it.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:03 am

Admin wrote:
Lads I dont want Alan's name mentioned in here again.

He is no longer the PRO of the county board and when he was he gave his time freely to the running of the old forum.
The forum is no longer running, he is no longer PRO and he is no longer accountable.
His name should not be mentioned.
That will be all.

WTF?...The man with no name now is he? Jaysus I'll never get my poloshirts now.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 3:32 am

Dont mention his name is probably the wrong choice of words, dont mention him in relation to the Old forum for the reasons outlined above.

As was stated when he finished as PRO the forum went down hill from then on and was never
properly maintained.

He cant be blamed for people not getting to open an account.
Back to top Go down
https://kildaregaa.forumotion.com
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:40 am

When I tried to join 500 times which was a couple of years ago Alan was the man running the show not Ashe, so I'd like an explanation for not just me but the numerous other Kildare GAA supporters who bothered their backsides to join a forum that was obviously officially locked to the great unwashed, I don't think its unreasonable to ask Alan, who incidently I have great time for to explain why so many Kildare GAA supporters were left hanging without even a whimper of an explanation as to why they were left hanging?
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:45 am

or should I say tried to join a public forum and castigated without having the goodwill to explain why you were CASTIGATED!
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:47 am

All I can say is that I looked to join the forum last year and was accepted first time.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:08 am

Not to go over the point again but Alan did a great job if you ask me in running the old Website. It was usually up to date, had new articles and the fixtures were there for all to see.
In fact if I remember it was voted in the top six county websites in the country.

It was only when he left his post that it was left idle.
As for the forum, I would say once it was on the radar of the big wigs it was doomed and very few people if any were allowed join. But I do recall Alan saying that a lot of details were not entered correctly or email addresses were wrong.
Anyway It's all in the past not worth getting worked up about. this forum is here now.

I have been hard on the certain people regarding the forum closing but at the end of the day they have to do what they feel is right even if it seems to us the wrong decisions.

If they get a new modern website going and keep it up to date then I will be the first to say well done.
It's a shame though that the perception of the county board is one of a regressive mind set who view new communication methods as off limits.
I hope Padraig Ashe proves me and rest us all wrong and delivers the website the County of Kildare deserve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next