Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?

Go down 
+43
if_in_doubt
Misneach
SamMaguire
decbuck
flourman
bag of white
Fear An Geata
SeeTheStars
GaaHead
inexile
jj
Derfil
gaaman
Ogie
Dinny Breen
shortgrass
realfone
ChillDara
Cilldarcon
gaaweb
FearBan
tommyconlan
rgb
shoutitout
stanley
kildarecat
tomcruise
Stonecold
Always_White
LG1988
Exadmin
Sam1928
lilywhiteforlife
Yellow Pearl
Admin
centreback
Rex
johnsmyth
Cilldara_2000
lilypremier
Jimmy winning matches
walsheman
mrblobby
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:02 am

rgb wrote:
I step away from the computer for two hours and all hell breaks loose.....

To quote the scousers: calm down, calm down!

Sam, every time I see/think of/hear that scene from "The Life of Brian", it brightens me up for the day.

"Are there any........WOMEN............. here today?"

I feel all fuzzy and toasty inside knowing I've brought a little sunshine into your life RGB.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:04 am

Told you before....you and me ain't happenin'
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:05 am

rgb wrote:
Told you before....you and me ain't happenin'

Ah go on. I'll give you a poloshirt.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:09 am

You said that the first time.....tiger
Back to top Go down
lilywhiteforlife
Junior A
Junior A
lilywhiteforlife

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:16 am

any link for the new site? when i googled it just got the old website.

still deciding what to do regarding the new/reopened old :S forum. if i'll just boycott it altogether or maybe try to register and become an occasional visitors. as mentioned here already it was very disappointing to have a link to the goings on in kildare gaa and in the club scene severed with no warning or suggestion for another source of info.

as far as i remember this forum had already existed and JME had tried to set one up also but decided that this one should be given a chance...and fair play to all the members here because they took that chance and ran with it. I find this forum alot livelier than the old one even as there is constant activity and updates compared to just a flourish of activity the few days before the match on the old forum.

anyways i'll be staying here, maybe pay an occasional visit to the "official" forum Razz but this one has served me well so far Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:22 am

Kildare Forums?

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE...........

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 There-can-be-only-one-590x320
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:15 am

someone mentioned the camogie not being mentioned because it is unrelated to the GAA but I notice there is a section for ladies football - so I would suggest that it is an oversight and a pretty bad one in a week that they're in an All-Ireland
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:26 am

Ogie wrote:
someone mentioned the camogie not being mentioned because it is unrelated to the GAA but I notice there is a section for ladies football - so I would suggest that it is an oversight and a pretty bad one in a week that they're in an All-Ireland

There's even a Scór section on it. Nothing against Scór or anything but in fairness I would have thought Camogie was higher on the list.

Very little activity on the new forum so far anyway Sleep
Back to top Go down
decbuck
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:28 am

Ogie wrote:

Ogie
to suggest something like this seems only to be done to wind people up and drive a wedge. This is simply not true. The Kildare camogie have decided to stick with their own website for a while. There is a an article about the match against Armagh in the hurling section and on the front page.

Perhaps just drop a mail to the admins to see why rather than sensationalise.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 6:07 am

Hold on Hold on what has just happened.

I actually have some work to do today, can't log on until now and find a firestorm raging here.

Firstly I must make clear again, that this forum was not set up by me, Admin set it up. I do not now which member he/she is (a bit like the Stig) all I did was offer my limited help when needed.

Secondly, the old forum was a great source of info, news, and a good laugh in a time when Kildare were at a very low ebb. But everybody on there only wanted us to be the best we could. Arguments got heated but never turned nasty and it usually all ended in a joke.
When it was taken down a lot of people where disappointed because the one place where they could discuss their passion was taken away.

I am glad debuck has made an effort to discuss it here, it's what should have been done from the very start instead of seeing the people who love Kildare Gaa as the enemy. In fact debuck you should be a regular poster here to gauge the common man's views.

Thirdly I admire your want to add a forum on the new website which I have only had a quick look at and my initial reaction was to be impressed. But I think a lot of people including myself will find it hard to go back when they were poorly treated and talked about at board meetings as if we where some subversive group. My thought would be forget about the forum and make sure all the info you can get is put up in a timely matter. That is what most people here want most.

Again debuck although it took a while well done on getting the website up, please keep it updated and don't be a stranger hear as we are all are on the same team and maybe you may see that we are not a bad lot after all.

Oh by the way you didn't get any polo shirts with that website did you???
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 7:17 am

First look at the new website there now, seems to be a good job done on it anyways. Although like has been said it won't be much use if a it's not maintained and updated fairly regularly. Few little tweaks here and there it'll be fairly good alright.

Be interested to see what sort of coaching resources and articles go up on it, the Ulster Council have some decent stuff on their site and it'd be good to have something similar available. Like to see some sort of refereeing section added - courses coming up etc.

Nice to see there's an option to join Club Kildare through online payments too, and the forms and that are available to be downloaded too. Can see a fair few of us joining up to that over the coming months, especially if we get past Down on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 7:30 am

I've had a bit of a look now and it's not bad at all. It is a great base to start with so that things are added as time goes by. There should be an onslaught now of promoting the game within the county from this central point. Used well it will be invaluable which many of us have stated in the past should have always been the way.

Also the forum, I see a couple of members from here are there, Centreback going straight for the jugular and Wingback have to say sucking up a bit Wink

I'll still not be joining it though.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:38 am

ha yea jme i couldn`t resist its a question that a few of us here want answered so i took the opportunity. it is very good that we can question the county board the likes of el guerrouj will make use of this i would imagine, instead of us bitching bout the county board we can question them. that is all i will be using the new forum for otherwise i will continue to post here as this forum kicks ass much better than the old one aswell
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:41 am

centreback wrote:
ha yea jme i couldn`t resist its a question that a few of us here want answered so i took the opportunity. it is very good that we can question the county board the likes of el guerrouj will make use of this i would imagine, instead of us bitching bout the county board we can question them. that is all i will be using the new forum for otherwise i will continue to post here as this forum kicks ass much better than the old one aswell

Where do I sign up?? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:53 am

This is a superb forum, who wants the official when you have to bag your own farts in censorship terms?

I might not agree with what is said on here sometimes, whatever you do don't mention Moorefield. but this forum is full of very intelligent passionate GAA fans but don't forget? at the end of a David O'Leary day we love KILDARE!.

Can I be blunt ?

Fuk the official forum!
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:59 am

ha el no more of them arguements between you and fionn about county board now
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:10 am

Now where would be the fun in that?

I know the the forum states that you can discuss issues with the chairman but I can't see him getting involved in any meaningful discussion about things we actually wanna know about..... hope I'm proved wrong.

I'd say even your question will be lucky to get a straight answer. I'll wait and see how you get on before introducing myself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:05 am

kildarecat wrote:
This is a superb forum, who wants the official when you have to bag your own farts in censorship terms?

I might not agree with what is said on here sometimes, whatever you do don't mention Moorefield. but this forum is full of very intelligent passionate GAA fans but don't forget? at the end of a David O'Leary day we love KILDARE!.

Can I be blunt ?

Fuk the official forum!

here here, get that man a whiskey....

Up Moorefield.

Fcuk the Sash.
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 7:10 pm

JME wrote:
I've had a bit of a look now and it's not bad at all. It is a great base to start with so that things are added as time goes by. There should be an onslaught now of promoting the game within the county from this central point. Used well it will be invaluable which many of us have stated in the past should have always been the way.

Also the forum, I see a couple of members from here are there, Centreback going straight for the jugular and Wingback have to say sucking up a bit Wink

haha I was actually signing up for the fun of it to see would there be any initiation ceremony / background checks required for me in order to be a member

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Stonecutter_initiation
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:27 pm

wingback wrote:
JME wrote:

haha I was actually signing up for the fun of it to see would there be any initiation ceremony / background checks required for me in order to be a member

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Stonecutter_initiation

Hahaha...I'll be watching for secret handshakes in Conleths during the club championship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:00 pm

I'm disappointed with the week thats in it, only 4 days left until the Semi Final against Down and the New Kildare Forum is getting more comments than the Down game.

Forget about that place lads.
Back to top Go down
decbuck
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:05 pm

fionnmccool wrote:
I'm disappointed with the week thats in it, only 4 days left until the Semi Final against Down and the New Kildare Forum is getting more comments than the Down game.

Forget about that place lads.

Good point. Lets park it till after the game.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:25 pm

Centreback, I see you got a reply from the Chairman over there.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:00 pm

yea fair play to him its a handy tool to have over there
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:05 pm

decbuck wrote:
Ogie wrote:

Ogie
to suggest something like this seems only to be done to wind people up and drive a wedge. This is simply not true. The Kildare camogie have decided to stick with their own website for a while. There is a an article about the match against Armagh in the hurling section and on the front page.

Perhaps just drop a mail to the admins to see why rather than sensationalise.

Don't think it was sensationalist at all debuck - it looked very bad you have to admit - but you explained the reason for it so that's fine. This is a forum so that's where we debate things and questions are answered and answers are questioned. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next