Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?

Go down 
+43
if_in_doubt
Misneach
SamMaguire
decbuck
flourman
bag of white
Fear An Geata
SeeTheStars
GaaHead
inexile
jj
Derfil
gaaman
Ogie
Dinny Breen
shortgrass
realfone
ChillDara
Cilldarcon
gaaweb
FearBan
tommyconlan
rgb
shoutitout
stanley
kildarecat
tomcruise
Stonecold
Always_White
LG1988
Exadmin
Sam1928
lilywhiteforlife
Yellow Pearl
Admin
centreback
Rex
johnsmyth
Cilldara_2000
lilypremier
Jimmy winning matches
walsheman
mrblobby
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:27 am

Nothing against Alan, never had JME!, but questions need to be answered why so many people were refused entry to a PUBLIC forum without even having the courtesy to explain to them why they were not excepted, if they had non addy addresses at least have to the balls to explain that!!! and people at least can correct that !, NO!! it was a kind piss off attitude which to me is anathema to what forum banter is about, no forum should ever think itself beyond the pail, but for some reason this forum managed to become an elite institution and to be honest shame on the people who ran it!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:34 am

No offence KC but there are more worthy things to get annoyed about, you are member here now, you seem to be intelligent and able to argue a point. I would forget about it and contribute to this forum now.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:37 am

Seems fair enough JME, Hell I have bigger things to worry about, like the goverment!

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:40 am

Don't we all.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:04 am

Still doesn't mean I'm letting Bello off the hook!
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:19 am

Sam1928 wrote:
Admin wrote:
Lads I dont want Alan's name mentioned in here again.

He is no longer the PRO of the county board and when he was he gave his time freely to the running of the old forum.
The forum is no longer running, he is no longer PRO and he is no longer accountable.
His name should not be mentioned.
That will be all.

WTF?...The man with no name now is he? Jaysus I'll never get my poloshirts now.

We all know you have them Sam- the little sams have been spotted around Portlousy (as the Yanks do be calling it)wearing them- a different one for each day of the week and all. NAMA should step in or something....
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:27 am

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 REY332.300
Back to top Go down
tommyconlan
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 9:54 am

Tried to join the old forum many times also, without success. Well done on setting up the new forum, hopefully it goes well.
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:58 am

Jaysus Kildarecat, think you may need to relax there. A new forum has been created now, no use looking back now.

Hopefully this site will continue on the great chat and banter that was available on the last site. More importantly here's hoping we can also parade some shareware during the lifetime of this forum!
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:06 pm

Maybe I'm been a little bit too passionate in my quest for an answer, buts thats it ands thats the way I always was and always will be, I'm probably the most easiest going guys ever born but I'm a man of principle and if I don't get an answer that has substance I'm even more passionate in my quest for the truth? all I'm asking for is an answer or explanation if you like!, hardly rocket science as to why so many people were treated like they were vermin when they tried to join the KILDARE GAA official forum, not a big deal to ask for a simple explanation? or is it the explanation exposes the truth?.

Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Are you allowed out often?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:00 am

Jaysus, KC, treated like vermin is a little strong, you were not allowed to sign up for a forum.

A little perspective needed I think.

If you loose your job, can't pay the mortage and are evicted then you can claim to be treated like vermin. Otherwise I'd say you were out of luck or at most a little hard done by.

As has been said just forget about it and move on. I'm sure Alan has.

Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 am

Cue deep movie-trailer voice: "Coming soon to a cinema near you....................He was treated like vermin and sent into exile for a crime he didn't commit! Now he's back and they are gonna pay for what they did to him and his friends. Starring Chuck Norris in.............

KILDARECAT: QUEST FOR JUSTICE
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 3:03 am

Laughing

Subtitle "Bell had it coming"

Enough of this tomfoolery. I'm off to get my wet gear on, hop on Noah's ark and off to the match.
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 12:58 pm

well holy jesus eveb wet gear didn't even work tonight. Are we the mentalist fans in the world or what?
Back to top Go down
Cilldarcon
Junior C
Junior C
Cilldarcon

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 7:58 pm

Sam1928 wrote:
My theory is that for the final 12 months of the old forum that there was either no Admin to validate new members and/or there was a definate plan not to allow new members as they knew they would eventually shut it down.

Alan Bell finished as county PRO well over a year ago or more if I'm not mistaken and maybe nobody else bothered to look after the forum after that.

Firstly, after a few years I have finally found a Kildare forum I could join. Fair play to whoever set this up!

I tried three times to joined the official forum but you recieve an email to say you have to wait for authorisation. Then I got one a few days later to say I was refused. That was a few weeks ago. They then updated the news flash at top of the forum a few minutes later saying if you want to join, please leave CORRECT details. What? Of course my username and password is made up!!

Anyway, hopefully I will enjoy reading through this as much as I did the old forum.. except this time I have the option of some input Wink

Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 pm

Obviously he wasn't biting and I had a lovely juicy worm on the end of the hook!
Back to top Go down
ChillDara
Junior A
Junior A
ChillDara

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 11:26 pm

Jasus this is a ridiculous arguement, get over it people. I couldn't get on to the old forum either, so what? You're here now so move on, If you want to have a moan about it ring Joe Duffy...
Back to top Go down
realfone
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Old forum   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:44 am

Just reading a few of the comments regarding the old forum, information has it that the board lost control of the old forum to who ever was running it and they had no control over it, is this true or just a rumour ? If any of the scribes on this forum have any insite to this, let us in on the gossip. Best of luck to the new forum admin, let the buzz begin
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:36 pm

See we got a mention in the Leader this week in the County Board meeting section.

Just reading it here and it says and I quote

" The Discussion forum on the current Kildare GAA Website which is not under control of the Kildare County Board has been disabled due to a thread and certain comments causing concern. The County board did not have access to the site for a considerable time and were unable to censor any of the material on the site or the discussion forum.

"We could not censor anything on that forum and let me make that crystal clear" insisted County Board Chairman Padraig Ashe.

Nice to be so highly regarded that the Chairman once again (second or third time in six months) finds time to mention us.

Does anybody remember what thread or comment was so scurrilous that the forum needed deleting. Considering it had been running for six years at that stage.

The thing I find interesting is that he says that it was not under their control yet they could delete it.
So if it was not under their control why not just delete the link on the homepage. Did they delete someone else's online property?
Who was the other Admin ANRUNAIKE who would have had the power to do anything they wanted on the site including deleting it it seems.

So many questions so few answers.

He also says that they could not censor any material on the site, If my memory recalls only news items regarding Kildare GAA were ever reported on the homepage.

Now I know Padraig has a job to do and I'm sure he is doing a fine job but he should remember that many of the members who were contributing to the forum on a regular basis put a lot of TIME and MONEY into Kildare GAA and thus should have been treated with a little bit more respect. A simple warning that it was closing would have sufficed.

As with everything on the internet one site shuts down another one replaces it. This forum is open now, so if he ever reads this I genuinely wish good luck to Padraig and co. in the future I hope their tenure brings us some silverware.
You did what you had to do and what you though was right.
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:36 pm

JME, just to expand your point there - if they had no control over the old forum but got it shut down, could he turn his sights to this forum??

Just a thought?
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:38 pm

" The Discussion forum on the current Kildare GAA Website which is not under control of the Kildare County Board has been disabled due to a thread and certain comments causing concern. The County board did not have access to the site for a considerable time and were unable to censor any of the material on the site or the discussion forum.

"We could not censor anything on that forum and let me make that crystal clear" insisted County Board Chairman Padraig Ashe"

.............................................................................................................................................................
As you know I was never a member of said forum but I was a regular reader of it, and to be honest for the most part for what I could see it was a decent forum with reasonable banter between members and any criticism afforded players or team managements was constructive and I for one never noticed any sort of raving abuse, but the thing is with these GAA forums any sort of criticism is viewed by the dinosaurs who run this archaic organization as unexceptable because us fans should remember this is an amateur sport and we go by the motto fair play to everyone [yeh right!] so if you're not going to say something nice off with your head!.
All I'll say the fans have every right to criticise as its these fans who actually keep the show on the road and its these fans that are often on the road up and down the length and breath of the Country following their team and should be allowed to air their views whether positive or negative without the usual paranoid censorship that prevails on most GAA forums, freedom of speech I say without the need to resort to abuse, and this forum looks like it will allow people to air their views with sensible not knee jerk censorship.
This forum looks like its here to stay with an already swelling membership and it is very active at all times of the day unlike the official forum which seemed to have little bursts of activity before going into hibernation.

P.S Thats if JME is willing to let bygones be bygones after our swinging of handbags on the Meath/Louth thread?.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:26 pm

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Censorship
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:20 pm

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Spanish_inquisition
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:36 pm

kildarecat wrote:
[i]"

P.S Thats if JME is willing to let bygones be bygones after our swinging of handbags on the Meath/Louth thread?.

Ah KC sure that wasn't anything to worry about, they'll be worse said on here than that most days.

The Board can't touch this forum because it is not anything to do with them. The old forum was shut down because Alan gave them a Admin privilege when he handed them control which allows the forum to be deleted with the touch of a button.

It's a shame it went but nothing can be done now. As I have said if the new website is decent and is kept up to date then they will have gone some way to restoring my faith.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next