Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?

Go down 
+43
if_in_doubt
Misneach
SamMaguire
decbuck
flourman
bag of white
Fear An Geata
SeeTheStars
GaaHead
inexile
jj
Derfil
gaaman
Ogie
Dinny Breen
shortgrass
realfone
ChillDara
Cilldarcon
gaaweb
FearBan
tommyconlan
rgb
shoutitout
stanley
kildarecat
tomcruise
Stonecold
Always_White
LG1988
Exadmin
Sam1928
lilywhiteforlife
Yellow Pearl
Admin
centreback
Rex
johnsmyth
Cilldara_2000
lilypremier
Jimmy winning matches
walsheman
mrblobby
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:16 am

Its pretty much a glossed up and updated version of the last website. Doesnt look like the "Consultant" put much effort into any new design.

Its an obvious improvement but the trick is to keep it updated.

Cant find the forum Stonecold?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:26 am

inexile wrote:
www.kildaregaa.ie
this fixures weeks not even on it . looks good .
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:40 am

nah - don't like it...

So was there a draw last night for the next round of the championships?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:45 am

Its on tonight at 7pm live on KFM apparently.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:50 am

http://forum.kildaregaa.ie/

Thats the forum, I like the penalties............. not, plus bans for posting pictures (think we would all get de bullet there)

Last edited by Stonecold on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:52 am

Looks ok but as Sam has pointed out the key to it is keeping it updated. Time will tell how that goes.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:00 am

Yes buts its clear that they don't want a forum, so why did they bother? The penalties and rules are draconian plus who are the Kildare GAA IT Committee hmmmmmmmm

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Mohammed-Saeed-al-Sahaf_iraqi-information-propaganda-minister
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:04 am

Their forum should not be used until Kildare run in the Championship is over - The county board pulled the plug on the old forum, without so much as a warning. I hope their new forum has no new posts over the next month or so. It has taken a few weeks and great effort from JME to get this site up and running - it has served us well all year and will serve me just the same until our journey ends on the 19.09.2010 (please God).
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:06 am

New website my arse - not so much as 1 picture, 1 video of our great journey this year, no fixtures no results - whats the point ??
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:13 am

"While all involved have put considerable time and effort into the project, it is important to acknowledge that the project is still very much a work in progress "

Would certainly have to agree with the above, websites in which I have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to see that latest news drive me nuts. The design really is not great a lot of our club websites have a better design than this.

As for the forum lets stick with what we've got, JME has done a great job. We abide by most of the rules they've laid down anyway but just through sheer common sense. Might be fun for a few of us to try and join using our current usernames to see how we get on.

Hi All,

Welcome to the Kildare GAA forum. We are all passionate about Kildare GAA and have our own views. We welcome open and honest debate, however sometimes this can become personal and abusive. Because of this we would ask all forum posters to become familiar and abide by the following code of conduct. For each breach of a rule, we have stated the penalty. This will be adhered to with no exceptions.

Just to re-iterate, this is not for sensorship, but for upholding the integrity of Kildare GAA and its members. They are all common sense. By continuing to post on this site after these rules have been formally adopted, you are agreeing to abide by the rules, and accept the penalties should you breach one or more of the rules.

1. Personal abuse.
Personal abuse is one of the most common problems on internet boards. If you disagree with someone, then say it but do not get personal. e.g. Calling someone a fat fool is the same as calling someone something more vulgar. This rule applies even in situations where another user has breached this, or another rule. Retaliation is still a breach of the rule.

Penalties- 1st Offence - 5 Day Ban, 2nd Offence - 20 Day Ban, 3rd Offence - Permanent Ban

2. Libellous/insulting posts about a real person
In this day and age, many more people are becoming aware of the existance of boards such as this. While this is generally a good thing, it also means that the posts are more likely to be read by a casual visitor to the site. In these circumstances, the board must protect itself against allegations of libel, or defamation and so any posts which make derogatory remarks about a named, or clearly implied, individual, are a serious breach of the rules, and dangerous to the board itself. This particularly applies to individuals' private lives, finances, legal issues etc etc. This also applies to unwarranted abuse of GAA players and officials.

Penalties - 1st Offence - Permanent Ban

3. Revealing a posters personal identity.
An inherent part of most discussion boards is that members may choose to adopt an alias, if they wish, as their board username. This choice of anonymity must be respected and any move to identify the real life identity of a poster on this board, where they have not done so themselves, is a breach of board rules.

Penalties - 1st Offence - 15 Day Ban, Second Offence - Permanent Ban

4. Creating facetious or duplicate topics (spamming)
Please do not spam the board as it makes it more difficult for people to find posts they want to read. If you have a question you want to ask on the board then please use the search facility before putting up your thread to see if the question has been answered beforehand.

Penalties- 1st Offence -Warning, 2nd Offence - 5 Day Ban, 3rd Offence - Permanent Ban

5. Posting unsuitable links or pictures
A lot of Kildare GAA Forum users access the board from work so do not post up any dubious attachments. This includes any images or links.

Penalties - 1st Offence 5 Day Ban, 2rd Offence - Permanent Ban

6. Juvenile Posts
7) Under no circumstances is there to be any talk on underage football except for the county minors. Posting of results is encouraged but we will not tolerate comments made regarding underage players.

Penalty - Immediate Permanent Ban

7. 'Feuds'.
On occasion, two or more posters become fixated with annoying each other, without necessarily descending into personal abuse per se. However this behaviour is very disruptive to whatever thread it breaks out it, and causes threads to be taken over by tit for tat insults. In a case such as this, a moderator may post a public and private warning for both posters to completely ignore the other, refraining from referring to, directing comments at, or answering the other poster. Disregarding this warning will result in a ban.

Penalties - 1st offence after warning - 2 Days, 2nd Offence - 10 Days, 3rd Offence - Permanent Ban

8. Text Speak
No SMS/Text Speak Posted Content should not include any sms/text speak within its content.

Penalties- 1st Offence -Warning, 2nd Offence - 5 Day Ban, 3rd Offence - Permanent Ban
Back to top Go down
decbuck
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Feedback   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:23 am

Guys,

I am a member of the IT committee and just reading some of your comments about the site. Like the positive ones... and of course there are going to be some negatives.

There seems to be a huge disconnect in terms of the forum. Are the rules that bad? What is unreasonable about them?

We are not taking away from the work the guys done on getting this up and running. This is just a genuine attempt to get all Kildare fans on one forum.
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:27 am

fionnmccool wrote:

that's not mentioned on the website? Smile
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:27 am

Quote :

Guys,

I am a member of the IT committee and just reading some of your comments about the site. Like the positive ones... and of course there are going to be some negatives.

There seems to be a huge disconnect in terms of the forum. Are the rules that bad? What is unreasonable about them?

We are not taking away from the work the guys done on getting this up and running. This is just a genuine attempt to get all Kildare fans on one forum.

All Kildare fans were on the one forum 3-4 months ago - then without warning and totally unreasonably the County Board shut the forum down.

This forum has served loyal Kildare Gaa fans through the summer with an avenue to chat about games, debate topics, provide updates through the summer. Something I have enjoyed and contributed to all Summer.

I have no intention of jumping ship now back to a place from where we were all unceramoniously kicked away from 3-4 months ago.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:30 am

flourman you got there before me. Fully agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:31 am

shortgrass wrote:
fionnmccool wrote:

that's not mentioned on the website? Smile
it is shortgrass under news
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:31 am

flourman wrote:
Quote :

Guys,

All Kildare fans were on the one forum 3-4 months ago - then without warning and totally unreasonably the County Board shut the forum down.

This forum has served loyal Kildare Gaa fans through the summer with an avenue to chat about games, debate topics, provide updates through the summer. Something I have enjoyed and contributed to all Summer.

I have no intention of jumping ship now back to a place from where we were all unceramoniously kicked away from 3-4 months ago.

Here here, well said.
Back to top Go down
decbuck
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:32 am

I was a reader (but not poster on the old forum). I thought it was quite good, but from my uderstanding (and I have looked into it a good bit since I came onto the IT committee in April or May). The county board did not "take the old forum down".

My understanding is that there were some inappropriate personal comments made by someone and that the account was disabled by proboards following a complaint. Proboards were the provider of the old forum.

Ideally we would have loved to have exported the old posts from that board onto our new one.

I will state again guys, it is not county board against the real fans. I am a real fan and genuine that the forum should be run correctly, even moderated by high posters.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:37 am

not moving from this forum
Back to top Go down
decbuck
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:38 am

Stonecold wrote:

Thats the forum, I like the penalties............. not, plus bans for posting pictures (think we would all get de bullet there)

This is not tru Stonecold. We just don't want inappropriate pictures posted as people use this in work etc.

flourman wrote:
New website my arse - not so much as 1 picture, 1 video of our great journey this year, no fixtures no results - whats the point ??
The fixtures and results section is actually quite good. Take a little "get to know" but once you have it, you should be impressed. We are still updating results and fixtures but I think most of the adult senior football results are there. Check out the "fixture and results" link on the left hand side of the front page and play around with the interface. You can filter by club/competition etc.
Back to top Go down
decbuck
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:41 am

fone wrote:
not moving from this forum

I totally understand. We are not trying to do away with this forum. From a google search it is obvious this was the only forum for the past few months. Listen the decision has been made from the commitee to allow a forum be uplaoded for use.

I don't want to be confrotational or patronising coming on here, telling the members that they should do this and that. I just came on to acknowledge this forum and hopefulyl answer some questions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:42 am

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 444-DELBOYakaSteveRooney

You really are trying to sell this website to us!!!

I joke, best of Luck with the New Site.

But this is my new home...
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:46 am

decbuck wrote:
Stonecold wrote:

This is not tru Stonecold. We just don't want inappropriate pictures posted as people use this in work etc.

The fixtures and results section is actually quite good. Take a little "get to know" but once you have it, you should be impressed. We are still updating results and fixtures but I think most of the adult senior football results are there. Check out the "fixture and results" link on the left hand side of the front page and play around with the interface. You can filter by club/competition etc.

Most of the pictures on this forum are pretty harmless and so won't cause a problem at work. I think it's better for the county board if we stick with this forum anyway because then we can post what we like and the county board don't have to worry about protecting itself against allegations of libel.

In this day and age, many more people are becoming aware of the existance of boards such as this. While this is generally a good thing, it also means that the posts are more likely to be read by a casual visitor to the site. In these circumstances, the board must protect itself against allegations of libel, or defamation and so any posts which make derogatory remarks about a named, or clearly implied, individual, are a serious breach of the rules, and dangerous to the board itself.
Back to top Go down
decbuck
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:48 am

fionnmccool wrote:

Thanks. Look I will continue to read this forum as there is good stuff on it. Please do provide feedback on the site though (by e-mail or whatever). We want the site to improve and improve, but the main way is by feedback from the users on what they want.
Back to top Go down
decbuck
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:55 am

gaaweb wrote:
decbuck wrote:
Stonecold wrote:

Most of the pictures on this forum are pretty harmless and so won't cause a problem at work. I think it's better for the county board if we stick with this forum anyway because then we can post what we like and the county board don't have to worry about protecting itself against allegations of libel.

In this day and age, many more people are becoming aware of the existance of boards such as this. While this is generally a good thing, it also means that the posts are more likely to be read by a casual visitor to the site. In these circumstances, the board must protect itself against allegations of libel, or defamation and so any posts which make derogatory remarks about a named, or clearly implied, individual, are a serious breach of the rules, and dangerous to the board itself.

Harmless pictures are fine. We are not banning pictures, just inappropriate ones.

I
Back to top Go down
gaaweb
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:55 am

decbuck wrote:
fionnmccool wrote:

Thanks. Look I will continue to read this forum as there is good stuff on it. Please do provide feedback on the site though (by e-mail or whatever). We want the site to improve and improve, but the main way is by feedback from the users on what they want.

Only feedback I would have is to move the forum, fixtures & results and Healthy eating buttons/links to the side panels and make the image holder a little smaller at the top of the page, allowing the latest news articles to appear on screen without having to scroll down. I like the use of google calendar for the fixtures we use this on our website and I find it works well.

But at the end of the day the format doesn't really matter that much once we're kept up to date with the latest news, results and fixtures.

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?   Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next